NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Geilinor wrote:
The Sanguinian Islands wrote:iirc you think being not a gender is a thing

It's like how not being religious is a thing.

I can understand not being religious, cause everyone has their own path

however making yourself a trigendered wolfkin cause PEWDIEPAI IZ ONE XDDDDD is not your own path
Othelos wrote:
The Sanguinian Islands wrote:iirc you think being not a gender is a thing

gender is a social construct, so it's natural for some people to feel that they don't qualify as a specific one.

And it's a social construct cause super liberal marxist philosophers in the 1920s said so
russian winter: 0
me: 1

Dalcaria
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:Here here. Incest ought to be banned. If people want to do that sort of stuff, they can have their tubes tied or face a prison sentence. It's not fair to put children at risk for someone's personal sexual interests.

Inbreeding is only going to lead to genetic problems if it occurs for several generations. The Spanish Habsburgs only had a problem because they inbred for political reasons.

The risks related to inbreeding are highly debatable, but what isn't debatable is that it does take away form a person's genetic diversity (and ergo their chances to improved health), which I am going to consider as a form of child abuse. If people want to inbreed, they can get their tubes cut, then nobody has to suffer.
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 pm

The Sanguinian Islands wrote:
Othelos wrote:gender is a social construct, so it's natural for some people to feel that they don't qualify as a specific one.

And it's a social construct cause super liberal marxist philosophers in the 1920s said so

yes, exactly. It's not like people figure out who they are, or anything.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Geilinor wrote:It's like how not being religious is a thing.

trigendered wolfkin cause PEWDIEPAI IZ ONE XDDDDD is not your own path

This nonsense belongs on 4-chan.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Othelos wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:Here here. Incest ought to be banned. If people want to do that sort of stuff, they can have their tubes tied or face a prison sentence. It's not fair to put children at risk for someone's personal sexual interests.

The government can't ban incest, for the same reasons that it can't ban homosexual or group sex.

No, but they can definitely remove their children from their care. Not to mention, they can also imprison those people, a less invasive way of keeping them from inbreeding.
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Inbreeding is only going to lead to genetic problems if it occurs for several generations. The Spanish Habsburgs only had a problem because they inbred for political reasons.

The risks related to inbreeding are highly debatable, but what isn't debatable is that it does take away form a person's genetic diversity (and ergo their chances to improved health), which I am going to consider as a form of child abuse. If people want to inbreed, they can get their tubes cut, then nobody has to suffer.

That's not a form of direct child abuse, so it can't be banned.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Geilinor wrote:

The internet basically is (or was) 4-chan.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Inbreeding is only going to lead to genetic problems if it occurs for several generations. The Spanish Habsburgs only had a problem because they inbred for political reasons.

Doesn't that mean we should require people to mate with those as genetically different from them as possible?

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Othelos wrote:The government can't ban incest, for the same reasons that it can't ban homosexual or group sex.

No, but they can definitely remove their children from their care. Not to mention, they can also imprison those people, a less invasive way of keeping them from inbreeding.

Tommen and Myrcella turned out okay. 2/3 ain't bad. :p
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Othelos wrote:The government can't ban incest, for the same reasons that it can't ban homosexual or group sex.

No, but they can definitely remove their children from their care.

how would that help?

Dalcaria wrote:Not to mention, they can also imprison those people, a less invasive way of keeping them from inbreeding.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Othelos wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:The risks related to inbreeding are highly debatable, but what isn't debatable is that it does take away form a person's genetic diversity (and ergo their chances to improved health), which I am going to consider as a form of child abuse. If people want to inbreed, they can get their tubes cut, then nobody has to suffer.

That's not a form of direct child abuse, so it can't be banned.

It's just as direct as using drugs while your pregnant, and explain to me what law keeps this from being banned, because I'm not sure what laws you're basing that comment on. As far as the legislature and appropriate legal authorities approve it, you can ban virtually anything, why should this be treated like a special case?

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Geilinor wrote:

It's not scary enough doe

4chan is for evil scary people who stump your angsty ideals

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Othelos wrote:That's not a form of direct child abuse, so it can't be banned.

It's just as direct as using drugs while your pregnant, and explain to me what law keeps this from being banned, because I'm not sure what laws you're basing that comment on. As far as the legislature and appropriate legal authorities approve it, you can ban virtually anything, why should this be treated like a special case?

The Supreme Court case Lawrence v. Texas in 2003 keeps it from being banned.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Othelos wrote:how would that help?

Well, for starters the child could get the appropriate care it needs, and the other part is now the parents can be put in prison so they don't continue to produce inbred children.

[/quote]

There's a good difference between banning incest and punishing it as a crime, which I went over already and which no legal institution (that I've heard of) can prevent from happening.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Geilinor wrote:This nonsense belongs on 4-chan.

4chan is for evil scary people who stump your angsty ideals while simultaneously maintaining their own edgy ideas.

Fixed.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:It's just as direct as using drugs while your pregnant, and explain to me what law keeps this from being banned, because I'm not sure what laws you're basing that comment on. As far as the legislature and appropriate legal authorities approve it, you can ban virtually anything, why should this be treated like a special case?

The Supreme Court case Lawrence v. Texas in 2003 keeps it from being banned.

And so Texas law now is the law globally?

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
The Sanguinian Islands wrote:It's not scary enough doe

4chan is for evil scary people who stump your angsty ideals while simultaneously maintaining their own edgy ideas.

Fixed.

wow son

stay on reddit 2 b safe on the internet swag is for boys fedoras r awesum

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:No, but they can definitely remove their children from their care. Not to mention, they can also imprison those people, a less invasive way of keeping them from inbreeding.

Wait.... I haven't watched enough GoT. :lol2:

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Geilinor wrote:The Supreme Court case Lawrence v. Texas in 2003 keeps it from being banned.

And so Texas law now is the law globally?

:rofl: The case applied to all the states where sodomy laws existed.

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:No, but they can definitely remove their children from their care. Not to mention, they can also imprison those people, a less invasive way of keeping them from inbreeding.

Tommen is a spoilt brat and Myrcella is annoying

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Kelinfort wrote:

Fixed.

I blame this on the mass influx of 12 years olds that found out about it by some terrible twist of fate.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:And so Texas law now is the law globally?

:rofl: The case applied to all the states where sodomy laws existed.

I'll have to google this, but US law now also applies to all laws globally? And again, I'm talking about punishing it, which I covered at least twice now.

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Fixed.

I blame this on the mass influx of 12 years olds that found out about it by some terrible twist of fate.

"omg dude go to 4chan its like our enemy"

"9gag XDDD"

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Geilinor wrote:This nonsense belongs on 4-chan.

Oh come on, I've been on 4chan a couple of times. It's not that scary.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Sanguinian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sanguinian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:

Oh come on, I've been on 4chan a couple of times. It's not that scary.

im being sarcastic

I post on /b/ and /pol/

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General