NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT Rights & Issues Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Count of Monte Cristo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Count of Monte Cristo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 am

Rocopurr wrote:
The Count of Monte Cristo wrote:
And why shouldn´t they have kept closetted in the first place, and keep societies clean and decent ? think of the children !

How does homosexuality harm children?

How ? they see and learn about something that confuses them. I´m a grown man and it still confuses me how it´s even possible.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:35 am

Lyttenburg wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Fun fact, this is only due to high levels of repression and oppression in non-western societies.

It's the question of "nature or nurture?" variety.

No, it's a question of the "people who will be arrested if they admit to being homosexual are less likely to admit to being homosexual" variety.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

Rocopurr wrote:How does homosexuality harm children?

How ? they see and learn about something that confuses them. I´m a grown man and it still confuses me how it´s even possible.

You must not have been spending too much time outside in your childhood, have you?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Lyttenburg wrote:
It's the question of "nature or nurture?" variety.

Tell me, Grenartia, were the Spartan men universally gays?

:rofl:

I know, right? Its like they're not even fucking trying.

Lyttenburg, come back when you're capable of making and/or willing to make serious, valid arguments that don't lead to threadjacking. I might not live long enough to see it, but I'll make sure to leave provisions in my will so that my descendents will be able to.
Last edited by Grenartia on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:38 am

I learned about it as a kid, and I turned out fine. Seems like this is a you problem, not a problem for children. If children were raised that some guys liked guys and some girls liked girls they wouldn't be confused. It's the fact that children are raises to demonize homosexuals that makes them confused by it.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 am

... Seeing and learning about things that confuse you is the only way anybody learns anything. Are you going to argue that maths harms children too?
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Count of Monte Cristo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:40 am

Grenartia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Do you understand what was typed? The little bit I got was that women are somehow allowed everything but what about the rest of it.

In the second paragraph, all I really understood was the following:

1. my point being that female homosexuality is acceptable, 2. women being the wea...the fair sex and all that.
3. Women are allowed everything - they can even keep their hats on indoors !

1. Obvious double standard that would be pounced on if it weren't such an obvious indication of a Poe. And the fact that it would be pounced on and that it is a Poe indicator are obvious to the person making the argument, because if it isn't obvious, the person making the argument probably couldn't even turn on their computer, much less log in and post on NSG.

2. Notice how MC obviously almost states that "women are the weaker sex". If this were a legitimate slip up, they in all likelihood would've backspaced and typed "the fair sex and all that" without the "wea" part.

3. A statement that we'd find the typical misogynist/MRA using, however, taken to utter absurdity with the statement "they can even keep their hats on indoors!".

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. I do. I even laugh at myself and the very stuff I believe in. And that´s what I meant.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:40 am

Salandriagado wrote:

... Seeing and learning about things that confuse you is the only way anybody learns anything. Are you going to argue that maths harms children too?

Just an FYI, I pretty irrefutably demonstrated that CMC's a Poe.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 am

So... confusion 'harms' children?

My six year old is perpetually confused by things. Always asking questions. Should I shelter him from the confusion of school life?
Last edited by Distruzio on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am

Confusion =/= harm

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am

Grenartia wrote:
In the second paragraph, all I really understood was the following:

1. Obvious double standard that would be pounced on if it weren't such an obvious indication of a Poe. And the fact that it would be pounced on and that it is a Poe indicator are obvious to the person making the argument, because if it isn't obvious, the person making the argument probably couldn't even turn on their computer, much less log in and post on NSG.

2. Notice how MC obviously almost states that "women are the weaker sex". If this were a legitimate slip up, they in all likelihood would've backspaced and typed "the fair sex and all that" without the "wea" part.

3. A statement that we'd find the typical misogynist/MRA using, however, taken to utter absurdity with the statement "they can even keep their hats on indoors!".

You have no sense of humour whatsoever. I do. I even laugh at myself and the very stuff I believe in. And that´s what I meant.

See, now you're backpedalling.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am

Salandriagado wrote:

Well, it does provide a headache and frustration to children; that has to count as harm, doesn't it?
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am

Distruzio wrote:

My six year old is perpetually confused by things. Always asking questions. Should I shelter him from the confusion of school life?

Hell, anybody that isn't perpetually confused by things probably isn't thinking enough.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Count of Monte Cristo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am

Rocopurr wrote:

I learned about it as a kid, and I turned out fine. Seems like this is a you problem, not a problem for children. If children were raised that some guys liked guys and some girls liked girls they wouldn't be confused. It's the fact that children are raises to demonize homosexuals that makes them confused by it.

I disagree. Children expect, and need, the complementarity of the sexes.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am

Distruzio wrote:

It's the only logical conclusion to this.

Take him out of school and have him lead an Amish life. Poor soul must be tortured by school, worse than waterboarding if you ask me.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 am

Salandriagado wrote:

Well, it does provide a headache and frustration to children; that has to count as harm, doesn't it?

Ah but once they have spent enough time learning, that confusion goes away. So, does that mean we should teach more about it to get rid of the confusion that comes fro ignorance?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Distruzio wrote:

Hell, anybody that isn't perpetually confused by things probably isn't thinking enough.

Right now he's playing minecraft. Breeding the animals makes him ask questions. So, according to the Count, I have to proscribe minecraft in order to protect my son from any harm confusion creates.
Christ is King
Glorify Him

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Count of Monte Cristo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 am

Grenartia wrote:

Absolutely not. From what I said so far, do I look like I need it ?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 am

Neutraligon wrote:

Ah but once they have spent enough time learning, that confusion goes away. So, does that mean we should teach more about it to get rid of the confusion that comes fro ignorance?

That's a very good point.

Damn, foiled again! :p

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 am

Grenartia wrote:How is it relevant to this discussion, and how is it any of your business? If you can give any reasonable answer to either one of your questions, I'll answer, but until then, I don't have to say a damn word.

You know, you could just answer me some posts ago without being so cagey, which, naturally, raises some suspicions. But, okay, if you don't wan't to answer in front of the forum just TG me. I give my word, that won't repost the answer to public.
“In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity, look to the madman to show the way.”
Fight for Peace. Live for War. Die for Nothing
I wholeheartedly support the Great Ukraine from Lviv to Ternopil!
Кто не скачет - того Крым!
The ultimate fate of all Russophobes.

Lyttenburgh. Founded: Thu Sep 1 2011. Deleted: Sun Jun 8 2014. Population: 5.201 billion.
Never Forgive. Never Forget

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 am

Rocopurr wrote:I learned about it as a kid, and I turned out fine. Seems like this is a you problem, not a problem for children. If children were raised that some guys liked guys and some girls liked girls they wouldn't be confused. It's the fact that children are raises to demonize homosexuals that makes them confused by it.

You are factually incorrect.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 am

Distruzio wrote:

Take him out of school and have him lead an Amish life. Poor soul must be tortured by school, worse than waterboarding if you ask me.

What am I supposed to do when he asks where babys come from?
Christ is King
Glorify Him

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 am

Distruzio wrote:

What am I supposed to do when he asks where babys come from?

He's already confused at that point, so you must remove that confusion by teaching him.
Just A Little though

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 am

Grenartia wrote:

Absolutely not. From what I said so far, do I look like I need it ?

Yes.
Just A Little though

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:50 am

Rocopurr wrote:I learned about it as a kid, and I turned out fine. Seems like this is a you problem, not a problem for children. If children were raised that some guys liked guys and some girls liked girls they wouldn't be confused. It's the fact that children are raises to demonize homosexuals that makes them confused by it.

False.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parent ... ight-ones/
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/h ... -1.1365963

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General