NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:30 am

Federation of Banuba wrote:Duterte have compared himself to Hitler; Soon, Israel will defriend Philippines :(

That's an over reaction, I'm sure that won't happen.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:32 am

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Whoa..Chill guys..

She wouldn't be happy.

Oh please, knowing Mirriam, she's already turning in her grave over the latest nonesense the President has just said.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:35 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Ashkera wrote:It's probably considered fancy text. There's a rule about that.

Either way, it's generally read as "yelling" on the internet, and probably considered a little rude.

I understand you're being passionate about your country, though. This whole "but what about the rule of law? and the international relations? and the money?!" thing you've got going on since Duterte was elected has improved my opinion of you.

Where? I can't find it?

Also thanks, but have you looked at my past posts on this thread? You'll clearly see I haven't changed in 3 years.

Garish Posts: We like fonts and colors, really we do, but anything used in excess becomes annoying. Think twice about posts that make other users cringe... especially if you've been repeatedly asked to refrain by players and mods alike.

Could be interpreted that way. But more importantly, it's bad nettiquette and doesn't cause non-post-readers to read it more deeply. Bold and italic are better for emphasis.

Perhaps, but I was annoyed by your previous F7 behavior, not that I didn't exploit it for my own amusement.
Last edited by Ashkera on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:38 am

Ashkera wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Where? I can't find it?

Also thanks, but have you looked at my past posts on this thread? You'll clearly see I haven't changed in 3 years.

Garish Posts: We like fonts and colors, really we do, but anything used in excess becomes annoying. Think twice about posts that make other users cringe... especially if you've been repeatedly asked to refrain by players and mods alike.

Could be interpreted that way. But more importantly, it's bad nettiquette and doesn't cause non-post-readers to read it more deeply. Bold and italic are better for emphasis.

Perhaps, but I was annoyed by your previous F7 behavior.

At any rate, I did want the words that I was putting in caps to be seen as shouting, since shouting puts emphasis and heart behind the words.

Also, you do realise that was and STILL is my RP in F7 right? Which by all accounts is a legitimate RP in accordance with the findings of the site Mods. I simply haven't had the time to go to F7 as much as I used to due to University.

Arachno-Satinism
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachno-Satinism » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:38 am

Duterte is increasingly getting more and more hilarious.
Sieg Hamasho! also Homura still literally did nothing wrong.
Remove all populist demagogues shqip shqip
BRING BACK ROCKEFELLER REPUBLICANISM

"Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It is by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I am human." -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:40 am

Arachno-Satinism wrote:Duterte is increasingly getting more and more hilarious.

And to think, I'll be saying the same thing about President Trump this Christmas.

Arachno-Satinism
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachno-Satinism » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:43 am

And to think, I'll be saying the same thing about President Trump this Christmas.

>implying i'm an estadosunidosite

lol
Last edited by Arachno-Satinism on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sieg Hamasho! also Homura still literally did nothing wrong.
Remove all populist demagogues shqip shqip
BRING BACK ROCKEFELLER REPUBLICANISM

"Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It is by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I am human." -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:54 am

Hastiaka wrote:Pantalleria, Duterte supporters voted Pres. Duterte under the premise of him purging crime and making the Philippines a glorious republic. We're not fortune-tellers knowing what will happen in the future. He's mad at the US because they were trying to manipulate his national policy. It was his CAMPAIGN PROMISE to end drugs and corruption. IF an alien power try to stop him from completing his PROMISE, wouldn't he react against it?

Manipulate his national policy? How weak is his national policy if it can easily be manipulated by a few prepared words by the United States, has he ever heard of the word: IGNORE?

At any rate, with regards to his campaign promises, he's CLEARLY a LIER since he so far:

Hasn't taken a jetski to the West Philippine Sea.
Will not eradicate crime and corruption in 3 to 6 months as he promised since he asked for a 6 month extention, which will also probably be extended AGAIN.
And... Is flushing our economy down the drain by trying to replace our biggest investor, the LARGEST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD, with an investor that is not even in the TOP TEN AND IN A RECESSION.

So excuse me for being a bit of anti-Duterte and by extension anti-Duterte voters person, since these 18 million people have just sealed our hardships for the next FIVE AND A HALF YEARS...

1. The United States of America is the most powerful nation on earth. They can do or say whatever they want. Also, I said the word ''trying''
2. That was more of a ''symbolical'' statement.
3. People like you won't allow him kill 3,000,000 addicts. If he was like that, he'd already finished it. But no, he knows the extent of his power.
4. I don't agree with him on that.
5. What happened cannot be reversed. Deal with IT. Don't hold a grudge on other people.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:20 am

Federation of Banuba wrote:Soon, if Trump will win, medical service will collapse because Filipinos kind of upholds it?

Only marginally. Not as much as the impact a departure of Filipinos will have on Saudi Arabia.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:22 am

Hastiaka wrote:
Manipulate his national policy? How weak is his national policy if it can easily be manipulated by a few prepared words by the United States, has he ever heard of the word: IGNORE?

At any rate, with regards to his campaign promises, he's CLEARLY a LIER since he so far:

Hasn't taken a jetski to the West Philippine Sea.
Will not eradicate crime and corruption in 3 to 6 months as he promised since he asked for a 6 month extention, which will also probably be extended AGAIN.
And... Is flushing our economy down the drain by trying to replace our biggest investor, the LARGEST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD, with an investor that is not even in the TOP TEN AND IN A RECESSION.

So excuse me for being a bit of anti-Duterte and by extension anti-Duterte voters person, since these 18 million people have just sealed our hardships for the next FIVE AND A HALF YEARS...

1. The United States of America is the most powerful nation on earth. They can do or say whatever they want. Also, I said the word ''trying''
2. That was more of a ''symbolical'' statement.
3. People like you won't allow him kill 3,000,000 addicts. If he was like that, he'd already finished it. But no, he knows the extent of his power.
4. I don't agree with him on that.
5. What happened cannot be reversed. Deal with IT. Don't hold a grudge on other people.

2. Uh huh, in that case the whole getting rid of crime was more symbolic too since it ain't happening.
3. Yeah, well my type is more concerned with the economy, but yes, we have certain groups in Government that will prevent that from happening, assuming he maintains the democratic system as is during his Presidency.
5. Of-course I don't hold a grudge, in the same way Europe, and all the no voters don't hold a grudge on those that voted to have Britain leave the EU.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:42 am

It's amusing that i may be witnessing the destruction of international order in just a single year.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:14 am

Asigna wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:And to think, I'll be saying the same thing about President Trump this Christmas.

It's amusing that i may be witnessing the destruction of international order in just a single year.

Welcome to the year 1935.

Hastiaka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:14 am

I'm at Bacolod plaza ATM. Saw PDu30 personally for the first time! Also, he said sorry to the Jews :P

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:41 am

Hastiaka wrote:I'm at Bacolod plaza ATM. Saw PDu30 personally for the first time! Also, he said sorry to the Jews :P

That's great! Now all he has to do is actually mean the apology and everything should become better lickity split.

Devernia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:16 am

So our president is literally Hitler
Comunidade de Devernha [MT 2019]
???
NS stats may or may not be used.

NOTE: Will nearly retcon everything soon.
RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Hastiaka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:35 am

Devernia wrote:So our president is literally Hitler

nope. just nope.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:47 am

Federation of Banuba wrote:Soon, if Trump will win, medical service will collapse because Filipinos kind of upholds it?

Not really. While it is true Filipino Americans are an important part of the US health system, Trump cannot and will not cause them to leave. I do not like Trump, but Trump is all talk. In the (unlikely) event he wins, he just a do nothing playboy.

He did mention once that he might put a temporary (which is probably cannot even do) hold on immigration from the Philippines because I guess he thinks it is an Islamic country or something. The guy is beyond ingnorant, but will not do anything.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:59 am

Hastiaka wrote:Pantalleria, Duterte supporters voted Pres. Duterte under the premise of him purging crime and making the Philippines a glorious republic. We're not fortune-tellers knowing what will happen in the future. He's mad at the US because they were trying to manipulate his national policy. It was his CAMPAIGN PROMISE to end drugs and corruption. IF an alien power try to stop him from completing his PROMISE, wouldn't he react against it?

The US is not trying to manipulate his policy, just expressing its opinion in a diplomatic manner like every country does and has a right to do. And surely you see the hypocrisy of claiming the US cannot say anything negative about any Duterte's policy but he can say whatever he wants about the US? Mild criticism is not manipulation.

The US supports ending drugs and corruption you know. Extrajudicial mass murder though will not solve either problem. All it will do is get you lots of dead bodies. Duterte does not have a realistic way to complete his promise. Though again the US is not "manipulating" anything. Just like the vast majority of the world alarmed by the skyrocketing murder rate and violence in the Phillipines. Duterte has to learn to take criticism at the very least.

Take for example even China whom he seems to like. Sure they will not criticize mass murder. But when they get criticized, (an they often do) at least Xi does not start screaming obscenities.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Devernia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:00 am

Hastiaka wrote:

nope. just nope.

Godwin's law, dude. Godwin's law.
???

RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:04 am

No. He literally compared himself to Hitler. (Yeah that was a really stupid thing to do) But he is not Hitler.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Hastiaka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:04 am

Novus America wrote:

The US is not trying to manipulate his policy, just expressing its opinion in a diplomatic manner like every country does and has a right to do. And surely you see the hypocrisy of claiming the US cannot say anything negative about any Duterte's policy but he can say whatever he wants about the US? Mild criticism is not manipulation.

The US supports ending drugs and corruption you know. Extrajudicial mass murder though will not solve either problem. All it will do is get you lots of dead bodies. Duterte does not have a realistic way to complete his promise. Though again the US is not "manipulating" anything. Just like the vast majority of the world alarmed by the skyrocketing murder rate and violence in the Phillipines. Duterte has to learn to take criticism at the very least.

Take for example even China whom he seems to like. Sure they will not criticize mass murder. But when they get criticized, (an they often do) at least Xi does not start screaming obscenities.

9,000 were murdered last year and there were no whisper from any international body.

1,000 suspected criminals dead and everybody screams. I am against EJKs but to point it all on the president is just wrong. Drug addicts are dangerous and for sure, they will fight against the police. But on a ratio of 800000 to 1000 I'd say that there's much less violence. For every 800 addicts that have confronted the authorities, one fights back.

Devernia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Devernia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 am

Literally Hitler, OK

Hitler was cloned through a secret Nazi science program (Hitler died in 1945, Duterte was born in 1945) that somehow failed and grew a big nose, and now he's here
???

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 am

Hastiaka wrote:I'm at Bacolod plaza ATM. Saw PDu30 personally for the first time! Also, he said sorry to the Jews :P

Yeah, saying sorry, while a good thing, does not undo what he said. It will only (somewhat) contain the damage.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:18 am

Hastiaka wrote:
Novus America wrote:

9,000 were murdered last year and there were no whisper from any international body.

1,000 suspected criminals dead and everybody screams. I am against EJKs but to point it all on the president is just wrong. Drug addicts are dangerous and for sure, they will fight against the police. But on a ratio of 800000 to 1000 I'd say that there's much less violence. For every 800 addicts that have confronted the authorities, one fights back.

Durterte has openly supported and called for extra judicial killings, and said he would not prosecute them. So a lot does fall on him.

Also "suspected" criminal (who makes this determination?) does not mean actual criminal you know. Which is the concern. Had he cracked down on crime in a logical, sensible matter, by arresting and trying criminals nobody would complain. Some people will die resisting arrest, people are not going to make a big deal about that. CRIMINAL death squads (see the irony) killing people with impunity is another matter. Law and order is not achieved through lawlessness...

Most drug addicts are not violent either. Just people with an addiction you know. The war on drugs thing has been tried many places. It does not work. Treating it like a medical problem does work. Because addiction is a medical problem. Probably better to be like Switzerland than slaughtering people who may not even be drug addicts.

And to say there is "much lesser violence" is simply contrary to the facts. See here is the problem EJK's are first of all a form of corruption and CRIME. Fighting corruption with more corruption and crime with more crime does not make sense. Also they allow certain criminals to kill whoever they want, there is no way to verify the dangerous criminals are actually the ones being targeted and not the ones doing the targeting.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Yugoslav Memes
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yugoslav Memes » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 am

Devernia wrote:Literally Hitler, OK

Hitler was cloned through a secret Nazi science program (Hitler died in 1945, Duterte was born in 1945) that somehow failed and grew a big nose, and now he's here

Duterte is obviously a Chinese android.

The real Duterte was murdered and replaced with the epitome of Chinese robotics shortly before the davao death squads began
Last edited by Yugoslav Memes on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook - Trobojka

Shooting all the old people is a feasible and effective solution whenever your ideas meet some obstacles.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General