NATION

PASSWORD

Archbishop Tutu "won't worship homophobic god"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 am

Scholencia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
... Says who?

Protestant sects have no legitimacy. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

Anglican Church? The organisation that was founded by a fat ass who wanted divorceis a Church? The West boro "Church" is also part of christianity? Give me a break!

According to the logic of the Protestant sects every idiot can found its own Church. They might claim to be "christian" but it is fake.

So... Says you.

Why should we listen to you?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Scholencia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scholencia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

Rhodesi wrote:[
Sadly, this is pretty much 100% accurate. The Church of England would most likely not exist if it hadn't been for the fertility problems of Catherine of Aragon.

Actually the problem was Henry. The guy was ugly and impotent. Whole Europe laughed about him.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Scholencia wrote:Protestant sects have no legitimacy. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

Anglican Church? The organisation that was founded by a fat ass who wanted divorceis a Church? The West boro "Church" is also part of christianity? Give me a break!

According to the logic of the Protestant sects every idiot can found its own Church. They might claim to be "christian" but it is fake.

So... Says you.

I believe the Patriarch(s?) of the Eastern Orthodox Churches say the same thing, anyway.
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Scholencia wrote:Protestant sects have no legitimacy. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

So... Says you.

But if he accepts that there's absolutely nothing special about a group of people declaring themselves a "church," then he'd have to accept the fact that HE isn't special just because he belongs to a group of people who have declared themselves a "church."
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am

Bottle wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
So... Says you.

But if he accepts that there's absolutely nothing special about a group of people declaring themselves a "church," then he'd have to accept the fact that HE isn't special just because he belongs to a group of people who have declared themselves a "church."

Well, no, obviously.

The Catholic Church is the only true church.

Unless you ask Orthodox Christians. Then it's the Orthodox Church that is the only true church.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am

Scholencia wrote:
Sadly, this is pretty much 100% accurate. The Church of England would most likely not exist if it hadn't been for the fertility problems of Catherine of Aragon.

Actually the problem was Henry. The guy was ugly and impotent. Whole Europe laughed about him.

Henry VIII is described as being quite handsome until his later years. He only started gaining weight after 1536, well after the formation of the Anglican Church.

And the guy had a number of children. The problem was having a son. Something beyond either parents control.

And yes, Protestants are Christians. This isn't the 1600's. Get over it already.
Last edited by Napkiraly on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 am

Napkiraly wrote::blush:
Scholencia wrote:Actually the problem was Henry. The guy was ugly and impotent. Whole Europe laughed about him.

Henry VIII is described as being quite handsome until his later years. He only started gaining weight after 1536, well after the formation of the Anglican Church.

And the guy had a number of children. The problem was having a son. Something beyond either parents control.

And yes, Protestants are Christians. This isn't the 1600's. Get over it already.

Just goes to show: don't take history lessons from a 17-year-old who only ever looks at the pictures in history books.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:48 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Napkiraly wrote::blush:

Just goes to show: don't take history lessons from a 17-year-old who only ever looks at the pictures in history books.

Yep. Distortions increase by over 9000%.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 am

I do wish Tutu were younger so South Africa could get a decent leader.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Hushabagain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hushabagain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 am

Scholencia wrote:

That's just incorrect. He was actually quite the suave guy for his time. And had many children. And wasn't made ugly until much later in his reign. The problem was the Catholic Church, which was, well... fucked up.

And in a monarch's world, Henry was just trying to preserve his line and the security of the state (democracy would be better, but it's still 1500's England) by attempting to father a male heir to the throne.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:50 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I do wish Tutu were younger so South Africa could get a decent leader.

Whatchou talkin' 'bout, Night.

Desmond Tutu gets all of the pussy.

He's 82 years young.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Hushabagain
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hushabagain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:52 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I do wish Tutu were younger so South Africa could get a decent leader.

He's 82 years young.

That post delayed the Second Coming by about a decade.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 am

Hushabagain wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

He's 82 years young.

So he's getting all the pussy and will come in a decade?

Tutu, what a stud.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:56 am

Hushabagain wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

He's 82 years young.

You're welcome, everybody.

I just gave us 10 more years of Jesus not sticking his nose where it's not wanted.

Turn the other ass cheek on that, virgin-mother-fucker.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Hushabagain
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hushabagain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Hushabagain wrote:That post delayed the Second Coming by about a decade.

So he's getting all the pussy and will come in a decade?

Tutu, what a stud.

It's the secret to longevity.

Mkuki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mkuki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Hushabagain wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:So he's getting all the pussy and will come in a decade?

Tutu, what a stud.

It's the secret to longevity.

Does that mean Queen Elizabeth II has a lot of sex?
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

Political Test (Results)
Who Do I Side With?
Vision of the Justice Party - Justice Party Platform
John Rawls wrote:In justice as fairness, the concept of right is prior to that of the good.
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Mkuki wrote:
Hushabagain wrote:It's the secret to longevity.

Does that mean Queen Elizabeth II has a lot of sex?

She only looked bored during the Olympics because every second was a second she wasn't banging James Bond.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Scholencia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
... Says who?

1. Protestant sects have no legitimacy. 2. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

3. According to the logic of the Protestant sects every idiot can found its own Church. They might claim to be "christian" but it is fake.

1. Arguably, neither do Catholic ones.

2. When did Jesus say that anybody had the authority to appoint a successor to Peter?

3. And the Catholic Church can claim to be the only legitimate church, but that claim is fake.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Hushabagain
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hushabagain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Scholencia wrote:1. Protestant sects have no legitimacy. 2. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

3. According to the logic of the Protestant sects every idiot can found its own Church. They might claim to be "christian" but it is fake.

1. Arguably, neither do Catholic ones.

2. When did Jesus say that anybody had the authority to appoint a successor to Peter?

3. And the Catholic Church can claim to be the only legitimate church, but that claim is fake.

thank you.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Scholencia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
... Says who?

Protestant sects have no legitimacy. The pope is a successor of apostole Peter to whom Jesus said that he will build a Church upon him. This is how the Catholic Church is the only true Christian church.

Protestants are justified in leaving as the Catholic Church is a fallen church. Its practices are unbiblical.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Hushabagain
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hushabagain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Vazdania wrote:

Protestants are justified in leaving as the Catholic Church is a fallen church. Its practices are unbiblical.

I wouldn't say that. At all. But... I do believe that Protestants should be recognized as Christians. Because they are... and will always be...

The Prima Nova Illuminate
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Prima Nova Illuminate » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:I really love the anti-apartheid half of South Africa.

You mean the anti-apartheid 95%...
NSG's resident Toribash player.

Ek praat Afrikaans!
Ich spreche Deutsch!

The Prima Nova Illuminate
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Prima Nova Illuminate » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 pm

NSG's resident Toribash player.

Ek praat Afrikaans!
Ich spreche Deutsch!

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 pm

The Prima Nova Illuminate wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:I really love the anti-apartheid half of South Africa.

You mean the anti-apartheid 95%...

You know, the ones who aren't pod people or hipster fascists.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General