NATION

PASSWORD

The "Nice Guy" and the friendzone, Society's attitude

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 am

Seperates wrote:Just try to treat everybody as individuals and you will have less issues, period.

Though I do understand the "nice guy" feelings, I also understand that they are wrong, irrational, and mistaken, and should be sorted out internally.

Wise words from Seperates *nod*
password scrambled

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 am

Battenburgia wrote:ah..but nerdy/quiet/shygirl with big boobs will also get a lot of male attention -FACT!

The guys who are willing to disregard everything aside from boob size are not the sort of people whose interest is flattering.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 am

Condunum wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:From a practical standpoint, I might as well be.

I got lucky.

I became a stoner and learned social skills. Then I got sober and it works still.

^ This.

Don't like the results of being a "nice guy?" Change. Grow some fucking balls and man the fuck up. Do what the not-nice guys do and get some. Don't sit around and whine about how great you are and how girls just don't see it. Face reality or get the fuck out.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 am

Battenburgia wrote:
Condunum wrote:Yes. Nerdy/Quiet/Shy girl is Nice guy.

Good to know we've got self-victimizing down to an art.

ah..but nerdy/quiet/shygirl with big boobs will also get a lot of male attention -FACT!

That would be 'nice guy' who gets outed for being a total lay. Or something like that.
password scrambled

Asuiop
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuiop » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

Condunum wrote:
Seperates wrote:Just try to treat everybody as individuals and you will have less issues, period.

Though I do understand the "nice guy" feelings, I also understand that they are wrong, irrational, and mistaken, and should be sorted out internally.

We must preserve these writings from him, so that future generations may gaze apon his brilliance!
"Unless hes ready to put some serious boot to ass, Hungry is fucked. Blobhemia, Austria, Switzerland, Britanny and whoever else gets cascaded. Thats a hell of an alliance to go against, especially because you know France will worm their way in too. They always do."
- Some random EU3 player

Join the UU(Unitarian Union) today! We are completely open region with our own centralized currency, the Unitaria! The only requirement is that you change your currency to the Unitaria.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

Asuiop wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Fuck whoever instilled that nonsense into the minds of humanity. Words cannot express how annoying it was to be at a lunch table enjoying my salad by lonesome only to have a girl sit down and begin whining about their newly ended relationship to me. Sometimes I literally wondered, "Who the fuck ARE you?"

Okay just curious what you would say.

What if a crying woman you don't know came up to you why your eating lunch, started crying about a guy dumping her, then started eating your salad, sobbing the whole time?

I would spend the entire time plotting her destruction. You don't fucking eat my salad without my permission. And only one girl was ever allowed to finish the rest of my salad when I was too lazy to eat the rest.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Churchilland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchilland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

TBH I've been friendzoned so many times before that I'm 18 and never really had a girlfriend (I say 'really' because primary school ones where you just sit on a swing and it lasts 2 days doesn't count) but, I'm sorta glad I was friendzoned by the ones I did and they're genuinely nice people etc and I've seen some pretty messy breakups too, which I'm glad I've never experienced, but, yeah, friendship tends to last longer than high school romances, so look at it in a positive light!
Churchilland Embassy Project
Personification, as done by The Merchant Republics
The National anthem "Ode to the Nation"
Morgan Jones Tea Shops
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 66_eng.jpg
Ceannairceach wrote:
Because Britain is the other, better America. Its like America 1.0, when America 2.0 failed miserably.

Zuri Nyuni wrote:
There are things men speak only in hushed voices, afraid that if the wind caught their words, great evil would befall them. One of these things is Birmingham. The other is Peirs Morgan.

Ifreann wrote:
Maybe thinking the Illuminati exist is what the Illuminati want us to think.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Condunum wrote:I got lucky.

I became a stoner and learned social skills. Then I got sober and it works still.

^ This.

Don't like the results of being a "nice guy?" Change. Grow some fucking balls and man the fuck up. Do what the not-nice guys do and get some. Don't sit around and whine about how great you are and how girls just don't see it. Face reality or get the fuck out.

A lot more blunt than I would put it, but this is the general driving force behind my view.
password scrambled

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

As a female I shall drop my two cents.

Some females are stupid, and are attracted to stupid things.

2¢ given.

Now that that's over with we get to the real gritty part of this situation: "Attraction"

What defines what makes a male attractive?

Society says looks (which give an indication of health), the provision of security (which helps to provide viable reproduction), and Adventurous (read: a risk taker) Other selective traits that seem to increase the chances of scoring on Darwin's Lottery.

For me, I want to be able to have a conversation with the lad, I don't give a crap about his appearance or paycheck. I want to be able to feel like I am conversing with an intellectual equal who won't mock me or belittle me when I do nerdy things.

I'm a girl with immensely simple standards.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:00 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Don't like the results of being a "nice guy?" Change. Grow some fucking balls and man the fuck up. Do what the not-nice guys do and get some. Don't sit around and whine about how great you are and how girls just don't see it. Face reality or get the fuck out.

Given that Nice Guy practices are rooted in a lack of experience with relationships, I doubt it can be dealt with by Manning Up or Interacting W/ Yr Bootstraps or whatever.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:00 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

^ This.

NICE GUY IS A CODEWORD FOR WHINING.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:00 am

Condunum wrote:

*laughs* Thanks... But it's easier in preaching than in practice. I still find myself falling into the trap occasionally and I've had a lot of practice.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:01 am

Crystal Spires wrote:As a female I shall drop my two cents.

2¢ given.

Now that that's over with we get to the real gritty part of this situation: "Attraction"

Society says looks (which give an indication of health), the provision of security (which helps to provide viable reproduction), and Adventurous (read: a risk taker) Other selective traits that seem to increase the chances of scoring on Darwin's Lottery.

For me, I want to be able to have a conversation with the lad, I don't give a crap about his appearance or paycheck. I want to be able to feel like I am conversing with an intellectual equal who won't mock me or belittle me when I do nerdy things.

Intelligent conversations? Well, fuck. I usually just grunt until the woman finishes making my food and then I smile because I'm a nice guy and she jumps m... Sorry, what?
password scrambled

Arglorand
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arglorand » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 am

See, the problem as I see it is that far too often "nice guys" perceive actually not doing anything to get the girl they like as "being nice". I'm a nice guy (well, I think so, anyway) and I can honestly say that it's not enough to not be a douchebag football team captain from every high school trope in history to get yourself a relationship. You have to actually also, well, actually find a girl/guy who would be interested in you. Getting rejected a few hundred times by a hundred different people is a natural part of finding someone you truly love who reciprocates those feelings. Until that moment, nice guys ought to chill and go play computer games.
Kosovo is Morrowind. N'wah.
Impeach Dagoth Ur, legalise Daedra worship, the Empire is theft. Nerevarine 3E 427.

Pros: Dunmeri independence, abolition of the Empire, the Daedra, Morag Tong, House Redoran, Ashlander interests, abolitionism, Dissident Priests, canonisation of St. Jiub the Cliff Racer Slayer.
Cons: Imperials, the Empire, the False Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, House Hlaalu, Imperials, the Eight Divines, "Talos", "Nords", Imperial unionism, Imperials.

I am a: Social Democrat | Bright green | Republican | Intersectional feminist | Civic nationalist | Multiculturalist
(and i blatantly stole this from Old Tyrannia)

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 am

Crystal Spires wrote:As a female I shall drop my two cents.

2¢ given.

I guess so. Sounds like you'd be happy with a bum.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 am

Seperates wrote:
Condunum wrote:Wise words from Seperates *nod*

*laughs* Thanks... But it's easier in preaching than in practice. I still find myself falling into the trap occasionally and I've had a lot of practice.

Anecdotal, but I've lived it and did the better thing. I changed how I was, it stuck and it's a positive change.
password scrambled

Asuiop
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asuiop » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Asuiop wrote:Okay just curious what you would say.

What if a crying woman you don't know came up to you why your eating lunch, started crying about a guy dumping her, then started eating your salad, sobbing the whole time?

I would spend the entire time plotting her destruction. You don't fucking eat my salad without my permission. And only one girl was ever allowed to finish the rest of my salad when I was too lazy to eat the rest.

:rofl: I love it.
"Unless hes ready to put some serious boot to ass, Hungry is fucked. Blobhemia, Austria, Switzerland, Britanny and whoever else gets cascaded. Thats a hell of an alliance to go against, especially because you know France will worm their way in too. They always do."
- Some random EU3 player

Join the UU(Unitarian Union) today! We are completely open region with our own centralized currency, the Unitaria! The only requirement is that you change your currency to the Unitaria.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:03 am

Condunum wrote:
Seperates wrote:*laughs* Thanks... But it's easier in preaching than in practice. I still find myself falling into the trap occasionally and I've had a lot of practice.

Anecdotal, but I've lived it and did the better thing. I changed how I was, it stuck and it's a positive change.

I'm still working on it. But I still have time.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:03 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

^ This.

After thinking about it, I don't get why people say "Grow some balls", they can only handle 8 pounds of force. :\
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:I guess so. Sounds like you'd be happy with a bum.

I actually dated a homeless chap once, I'll have you know.

It didn't work out because of time restraints and a lack of communication. Again, TALKING WITH A PERSON. It's astonishing what communication does for a relationship.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am

Crystal Spires wrote:What defines what makes a male attractive?

Would it surprise you to learn that most other women are like you, in that they don't give two shits about utterly superficial qualities like this in their choice of romantic partner?

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am

Seperates wrote:
Condunum wrote:Anecdotal, but I've lived it and did the better thing. I changed how I was, it stuck and it's a positive change.

I'm still working on it. But I still have time.

I'm not allowed to tell you what you should do. The rules prohibit this.
password scrambled

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 am

Crystal Spires wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I guess so. Sounds like you'd be happy with a bum.

I actually dated a homeless chap once, I'll have you know.

It didn't work out because of time restraints and a lack of communication. Again, TALKING WITH A PERSON. It's astonishing what communication does for a relationship.

I dunno. I've connected with some women quite nicely by staring at them intensely while eating a banana slowly.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 am

Tubbsalot wrote:Would it surprise you to learn that most other women are like you, in that they don't give two shits about utterly superficial qualities like this in their choice of romantic partner?

I would hope so, but this is what Society teaches us is true.

What the world would be if there were more people like me. I dread to think. Poor world.
1 2 3 4 5

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Asuiop wrote:Okay just curious what you would say.

:lol:
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General