NATION

PASSWORD

Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my Super Bowl ring

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my Super Bowl ring

Postby New Maldorainia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:18 pm

You might recall that Kraft in 2005 joined a cadre of businessmen to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg. The Patriots owner walked into that meeting with a jewel-laced Super Bowl XXXIX ring on his finger, but left empty-handed.

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said at the time, per The Boston Globe. Putin "was clearly taken with its uniqueness ... at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Not so fast. Kraft now admits Putin nabbed the ring -- worth upwards of $25,000 -- without his consent.

"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin)," Kraft said this week, per the New York Post. "And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,' I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft kept his wits about him and complied with a call from the White House, in which a George W. Bush handler told him: " 'It would really be in the best interest of U.S.-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.' "

(KGB and the Soviets? Sounds like something out of 1982, not 2005.)

I had an opportunity to chat with Kraft in the hours before Super Bowl XLVI, and asked him which of his Super Bowl victories meant the most. "That's like asking about different children," he said. "Every child is special."

Especially a child kidnapped by the Russians.
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Uhh... What.
password scrambled

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:You might recall that Kraft in 2005 joined a cadre of businessmen to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg. The Patriots owner walked into that meeting with a jewel-laced Super Bowl XXXIX ring on his finger, but left empty-handed.

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said at the time, per The Boston Globe. Putin "was clearly taken with its uniqueness ... at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Not so fast. Kraft now admits Putin nabbed the ring -- worth upwards of $25,000 -- without his consent.

"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin)," Kraft said this week, per the New York Post. "And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,' I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft kept his wits about him and complied with a call from the White House, in which a George W. Bush handler told him: " 'It would really be in the best interest of U.S.-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.' "

(KGB and the Soviets? Sounds like something out of 1982, not 2005.)

I had an opportunity to chat with Kraft in the hours before Super Bowl XLVI, and asked him which of his Super Bowl victories meant the most. "That's like asking about different children," he said. "Every child is special."

Especially a child kidnapped by the Russians.

Well that's ridiculous of Putin.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Densaner
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Densaner » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 pm

He shouldn't have had it the first place. Pats suck. :p

The Tectonic Plates
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tectonic Plates » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 pm

I'll be entirely honest, I don't care at all.

The guy got his ring stolen, things get stolen all the time.
Social Democratic Cosmopolitan
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

Male
Social Democrat/State Capitalist
Social Progressive

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Putin is getting divorced, wonder who gets the ring. :p
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
No surprise

Salentopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Salentopia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 pm

KGB and Soviets? Robert Kraft is the worst liar ever.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Putin has diplomatic immunity and a bunch of money. I think we might be seeing a replica delivered to Mr. Kraft shortly now.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Salentopia wrote:KGB and Soviets? Robert Kraft is the worst liar ever.

Well the KGB does still exist in some form.
Last edited by New Maldorainia on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zionist, deal with it.
No surprise

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 pm

An appropriate casus belli for a war clearly.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:26 pm

I saw this thread on the sidebar and saw "Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my..."

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the last word of that sentence wasn't "virginity".

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 pm

...I may be wrong, but I don't think the KGB is still around, at least not under that name.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Bojikami wrote:...I may be wrong, but I don't think the KGB is still around, at least not under that name.

They are split into the SVR and the FSB if I am not mistaken.

Zionist, deal with it.
No surprise

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Radiatia wrote:I saw this thread on the sidebar and saw "Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my..."

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the last word of that sentence wasn't "virginity".

Saying it out loud would simply be a bit redundant, no? It is to be assumed that Putin took everyone's virginity, even Putin's.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Radiatia wrote:I saw this thread on the sidebar and saw "Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my..."

Really, there are so many wonderful possibilities that it should have just been left with "..."
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Putin is a boss. He just takes whatever the fuck he wants and gives nothing back.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Anachronous Rex
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anachronous Rex » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Blazedtown wrote:Putin is a boss. He just takes whatever the fuck he wants and gives nothing back.

In his last life he was a honey badger.
My humor is like church wine: dry and tasteless.
If you are not sure if I am being serious, assume that I am not.

Summer is coming...

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:Putin is a boss. He just takes whatever the fuck he wants and gives nothing back.

In his last life he was a honey badger.

In Vladamir Putin's past life he was Vladmir Putin.
Go Vikings.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Is outrage! Noook russia until ring is given back!

It's Kraft's own damn fault.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Dragonia Re Xzua
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonia Re Xzua » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Putin... Russia... America... something stolen or allegedly stolen... Cold War references... And how does this surprise anyone?
Humans are monsters, we will never change, we will always want to claw out the throats of those with a difference in opinion, we will never be in an age of peace because of our lust for war, poverty will continue to exist as long as monetary needs exist. We rape, enslave, and conquer with no regards to others. We live by the sword, and we will, justifiably, die by the sword.

Hope is for unrealistic idealists. Pessimism is your friend.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Boo fucking hoo, his precious wittle ring. He's coming out like 8 years late. You angered by the theft of your ring? You don't tell the media you gave it to the thief.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:38 pm

I hate Kraft. He and his late wife built their early fortune on the backs of Palestinians, by funding illegal Jewish settlements.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Pope Joan wrote:I hate Kraft. He and his late wife built their early fortune on the backs of Palestinians, by funding illegal Jewish settlements.

:eyebrow:

Zionist, deal with it.
No surprise

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Pope Joan wrote:I hate Kraft. He and his late wife built their early fortune on the backs of Palestinians, by funding illegal Jewish settlements.

The Jewish Cheese Illuminati!
Go Vikings.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Boy, just can't get enough of that Anti-Israel crack can you?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General