NATION

PASSWORD

Mormons = Christians?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are Mormons Christians

Yes! Definitely (I am a Christian)
12%
Yes! Definitely (I am a Mormon)
5%
Yes! Definitely (I am a another religion/no religion )
38%
Nope! Not at all (I am a Christian)
30%
Nope! Not at all (I am a Mormon)
0%
Nope! Not at all (I am a another religion/no religion )
11%
Other (Please Explain)
4%

Total votes : 284

The Overlord of Spree
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overlord of Spree » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Mormons are Christians.

The Warring States of the Mediterranean
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warring States of the Mediterranean » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 pm

The Overlord of Spree wrote:Mormons are Christians.

Exactly. Case closed simple sentence.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 pm

The Warring States of the Mediterranean wrote:
The Overlord of Spree wrote:Mormons are Christians.

You would have to prove that claim.... anyone can call themselves Christian... just like anyone can call themselves anything... proving it is a different matter.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

The Warring States of the Mediterranean
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warring States of the Mediterranean » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Menassa wrote:

You would have to prove that claim.... anyone can call themselves Christian... just like anyone can call themselves anything... proving it is a different matter.

Not that sentence again. You know what I am sick of saying the same things over and over I am leaving this thread. I DO NOT WANT ANYTELEGRAMS ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING!

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I know I said I wasn't going to post here, but I feel compelled to apologize on behalf of a good many of us for the behavior of someone who claims to be Mormon, who has been doing little more than ranting and frothing at the mouth for the past 10 pages. I'm embarrassed by it, and am sorry you've had to be subjected to it.

This is not the spirit of discussion we tend to approve of. It is not the sort of face we encourage our members to put on discussion. Civility, an effort to share our understanding and attempt to understand others in the process - those things are encouraged. Pointless contention and the sorts of responses that have been prevalent by this poster, are not.

You want the official site for doing your own looking, I'd try www.lds.org - there's a lot of info there, and links to other helpful sites dealing with things like genealogy.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm

The Warring States of the Mediterranean wrote:Then lock it. That is the only thing Mods are good for. I try to defend my religion. Get called a liar and some other words. Come here to try to say the stuff and get locked thread...Bunch of Idiots who can't just accept the fact Mormons are a good religion.

I was trying to find a place to start this review, I suppose 11 pages back is as good as any.

If you feel that you have been the victim of a rules violation, you need to report it in moderation. The "Well, I've seen people do X and Y, so when I do z it shouldn't be punished either" is not valid. What we don't see, we can't correct.

The Warring States of the Mediterranean wrote:Everything that this linked website says are lies. We do not believe in half the stuff they say. http://carm.org/comparison-between-christian-doctrine-and-mormon-doctrine

The reason I say this is because this is what the link from that forum is. Look most of the stuff in that website is not true. While we do believe in three separate beings we do not believe Jesus came from a different planet, Or that he is married (Which is what the website says).

Yeah, you said so already. Now, I'm thinking two threads must have got merged here, and maybe that's why this got posted twice. Regardless, the large font is not necessary. I don't believe NS is full of visually impaired users...and as a visually impaired user of NS, I'm here to tell you I can read the standard font just fine.

and no one takes your points seriously when you use the big font. Ever

Christo et Ecclesiae wrote:In its 2000 General Conference, the United Methodist Church decided not to recognize Latter-day Saint baptisms, stating:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by self-definition, does not fit within the bounds of the historic, apostolic tradition of Christian faith. This conclusion is supported by the fact that the LDS Church itself, while calling itself Christian, explicitly professes a distinction and separateness from the ecumenical community and is intentional about clarifying significant differences in doctrine. As United Methodists we agree with their assessment that the LDS Church is not a part of the historic, apostolic tradition of the Christian faith.

>Implying 2000 was last year
>Implying a religion can't change a view on another
>Implying that you look for things to say Mormons are not Christians but do not try to look for anything the opposing side has to say
>Implying that you are smart

You were good up until here, where I've bolded the problem. I understand your frustrated, it also doesn't matter. We do not tolerate persona attacks on people, regardless of the circumstances. You were informed of this previously when you received your most recent warning not too long ago.

Constaniana wrote:Because we believe the Book of Mormon was translated perfectly by a prophet of God. Meanwhile, the Bible was translated by fallible humans.

1st ARE YOU MORMON?
2nd No We believe in the King James version of the Bible, not the International
3 THIS GUY ABOVE IF HE IS A MORMON HE IS A VERY STOOPID ONE!

No this guy is an idiot...

...Maybe you could find some info instead of being a lazy Jerk who doesn't know anything.

See above

Christo et Ecclesiae wrote:so Jesus contradicts himself in dif. books?

He is not the one in this argument (HE IS NOT MORMON HE IS A TROLL!)

See above again, also trollnaming, lets not.

All in all, we have a:

*** Three day ban for repeated flaming ***

When you return, you will read over the rules, you will remain clam, stay frosty, if you will, or you'll find your stay with us very short indeed.

I do believe I'm just going to leave this'un locked.

Previous

Return to General