NATION

PASSWORD

"Women want sex, just not with YOU."

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 am

Fluffy Coyotes wrote:
I Want to Smash Them All wrote:Somehow the response is the one making a leap in logic, being sexist, or being unreasonable.

It's simple, really; the statement's flaws do not negate the flaws of the response TO it.

Which statement? The one in your OP, or the actual statement that was originally said?

Fluffy Coyotes wrote:Oh, and that other thread was about condemning the expectations on men to have sex, a point which the post being responded to seemed to be disagreeing with.

I suppose it does seem that way, if you ignore my repeated and clear statements to the contrary. Probably a good reason to read what people actually say, and confirm that quotes actually say what you think they say, instead of "paraphrasing" yourself into a humiliating little corner.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Fluffy Coyotes
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluffy Coyotes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 am

Bottle wrote:Which statement? The one in your OP, or the actual statement that was originally said?

I'm referring to the same two statements I was referring to in the OP; the statement you were responding to, and your response to it. My point is that "which statement was unreasonable" is a false dichotomy. They both seemed unreasonable if you ask me.

Likewise, the potential value of double-checking on my part doesn't negate the potential value of better communication on yours.
Last edited by Fluffy Coyotes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nazi Flower Power wrote:If the teachings of Christ can't get his followers to behave peacefully, then he obviously did not teach them very well.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:06 am

Fluffy Coyotes wrote:
I Want to Smash Them All wrote:Somehow the response is the one making a leap in logic, being sexist, or being unreasonable.

It's simple, really; the statement's flaws do not negate the flaws of the response TO it. Both the statement AND its response can be making a leap in logic, it doesn't have to be just one or the other.

Oh, and that other thread was about condemning the expectations on men to have sex, a point which the post being responded to seemed to be disagreeing with.
So people responding to the fact that His Fryness was outrageously misquoted and the fact that your OP was highly misogynist are somehow flawed....over and over... and there's no need for self-examination on your part because you're right and perfect so there?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Fluffy Coyotes wrote:It's simple, really; the statement's flaws do not negate the flaws of the response TO it. Both the statement AND its response can be making a leap in logic, it doesn't have to be just one or the other.

Oh, and that other thread was about condemning the expectations on men to have sex, a point which the post being responded to seemed to be disagreeing with.
So people responding to the fact that His Fryness was outrageously misquoted and the fact that your OP was highly misogynist are somehow flawed....over and over... and there's no need for self-examination on your part because you're right and perfect so there?

Apparently the fact that sexist dudes find my statements "flawed" is a sign that I'm doing feminism wrong, or something. I'm honestly not sure at this point, since I can't even be sure what statements are being quoted/paraphrased/made up.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am

Fluffy Coyotes wrote:
Bottle wrote:Which statement? The one in your OP, or the actual statement that was originally said?

I'm referring to the same two statements I was referring to in the OP; the statement you were responding to, and your response to it. My point is that "which statement was unreasonable" is a false dichotomy. They both seemed unreasonable if you ask me.

Likewise, the potential value of double-checking on my part doesn't negate the potential value of better communication on yours.

Actually, as a seeker of knowledge/interviewer, it is entirely your fault for not phrasing the questions correctly, if you are actually seeking an understanding dialouge.

Only a lazy interviewer blames the person they are interviewing.
Last edited by Seperates on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 am

Bottle wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:So people responding to the fact that His Fryness was outrageously misquoted and the fact that your OP was highly misogynist are somehow flawed....over and over... and there's no need for self-examination on your part because you're right and perfect so there?

Apparently the fact that sexist dudes find my statements "flawed" is a sign that I'm doing feminism wrong, or something. I'm honestly not sure at this point, since I can't even be sure what statements are being quoted/paraphrased/made up.

No no no, it's not that your statements are flawed, its that a woman obviously cannot be saying something correct. Should a man say it, I'm sure it would be okay.
password scrambled

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 am

Condunum wrote:
Bottle wrote:Apparently the fact that sexist dudes find my statements "flawed" is a sign that I'm doing feminism wrong, or something. I'm honestly not sure at this point, since I can't even be sure what statements are being quoted/paraphrased/made up.

No no no, it's not that your statements are flawed, its that a woman obviously cannot be saying something correct. Should a man say it, I'm sure it would be okay.

So if I said "hey, I'm a man, and women have preferences", it makes a difference? Who knew?!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am

Individuality-ness wrote:
Condunum wrote:No no no, it's not that your statements are flawed, its that a woman obviously cannot be saying something correct. Should a man say it, I'm sure it would be okay.

So if I said "hey, I'm a man, and women have preferences", it makes a difference? Who knew?!

Indeed. But you are female, so you must rely on my expert insight and manly voice to get your point across :P
password scrambled

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am

Condunum wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:So if I said "hey, I'm a man, and women have preferences", it makes a difference? Who knew?!

Indeed. But you are female, so you must rely on my expert insight and manly voice to get your point across :P

Oh Condy, what can we do without your obviously manly insights of things? Your manly authority can cut across the board, it's so great and strong! Who cares what the words are, you're a man with authority!
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Choronzon
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Choronzon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:29 am

I was unaware TJ had such a dedicated cadre of Me Toos.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 am

Choronzon wrote:I was unaware TJ had such a dedicated cadre of Me Toos.

Well, it's like they say, reality has a liberal, feminist bias, and the MRAs need someone to make them feel important.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 am

Bottle wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:So people responding to the fact that His Fryness was outrageously misquoted and the fact that your OP was highly misogynist are somehow flawed....over and over... and there's no need for self-examination on your part because you're right and perfect so there?

Obviously. You're a woman.
If you assert yourself then you're a prudish bitch who hates men for some personal reason rather than for any legitimate affront or complaint.
If you agree in any way then you're obviously supposed to either lay back or open wide, and failing to do so is a breach of male and female interaction etiquette.

See, pretty clear inn't?
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am

Condunum wrote:Indeed. But you are female, so you must rely on my expert insight and manly voice to get your point across :P

Oh Condy, what can we do without your obviously manly insights of things? Your manly authority can cut across the board, it's so great and strong! Who cares what the words are, you're a man with authority!

That's right! As a man, I can use my manliness to dominate the voice of any female, and even if I'm wrong, I'm right! And that's how it is. And that's how it should be. *nod*
password scrambled

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am

I'm pretty sure they meet at some old mansion and done robes with hoods and masks...

You know except for the topless women...and the orgies.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
I'm pretty sure they meet at some old mansion and done robes with hoods and masks...

No... they stll have the orgies...

Very prudish orgies.
Last edited by Seperates on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am

Condunum wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Oh Condy, what can we do without your obviously manly insights of things? Your manly authority can cut across the board, it's so great and strong! Who cares what the words are, you're a man with authority!

That's right! As a man, I can use my manliness to dominate the voice of any female, and even if I'm wrong, I'm right! And that's how it is. And that's how it should be. *nod*

It's not like I have a mind of my own, with opinions, wants, desires, needs. I'm just the kitchen wench.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 am

Seperates wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:I'm pretty sure they meet at some old mansion and done robes with hoods and masks...

No... they stll have the orgies...

Very prudish orgies.

I thought their orgies consisted of them fucking sex dolls.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Bottle wrote:If women select mates based on rational assessment of the mates' attributes, this is proof that women are calculating exploitative whores. If women select mates in spite of those mates lacking specific attributes, this is proof that women are stupid and irrational and to blame for any badness that results from their poor judgment.

This is because the problem in both situations is that women are being allowed to make decisions. Curse you, feminism! *shakes fist*

If she selects a man that is nice and she is compatible with it is fine. That is what she should do. Wendi has a checkered history, look her up. She is not innocent.

The men are thinking with their little head and able to be cheated by the gold diggers. It is the men that are stupid and the women are cold and calculating. If a woman pretends to love a man (including during sex) that is cold.

I don't know what you have against mrs Murdoch but Rupert seems quite happy with her. isn't that all that matters?
whatever

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am

Condunum wrote:That's right! As a man, I can use my manliness to dominate the voice of any female, and even if I'm wrong, I'm right! And that's how it is. And that's how it should be. *nod*

It's not like I have a mind of my own, with opinions, wants, desires, needs. I'm just the kitchen wench.

Speaking of which, why are you here? Make me a sandwich. It's the right thing to do, obviously.
password scrambled

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am

Seperates wrote:No... they stll have the orgies...

Very prudish orgies.

Indeed.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am

Seperates wrote:No... they stll have the orgies...

Very prudish orgies.

But the lights are off because since its all men they don't want to be called gay.
password scrambled

I Want to Smash Them All
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby I Want to Smash Them All » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 am

Fluffy Coyotes wrote:

Um. WTF?

You are making absolute no sense whatsoever.

You did not quote any statement by Bottle in the OP. Only linked to a post by you responding to a post by Bottle in another thread. You then quoted your post.

Prior to my post, no reference was made to the post in the other thread to which Bottle was responding. And you made no objection to it in the other thread.

So what are "same two statements I was referring to in the OP"? I get that even though you incorrectly "paraphrased it" in your title and did not even do that in the OP itself, one statement is "Bottle's post." You never referred to this post before I brought it up. The only other statement referred to in the OP is yours.
Goodbye. I have scrambled my password. Bob Mould, Stupid Now; Tom Waits, I Don't Want to Grow Up; Pixies, Hey; Cracker, Turn On Tune In Drop Out With Me; The Jesus and Mary Chain, Reverence; L7, Shove; Liz Phair, Polyester Bride; Jane's Addiction, Ain't No Right; Amanda Fucking Palmer, Want It Back; Hole, Violet; Butthole Surfers, Pepper; Grateful Dead, New, New Minglewood Blues; Woody Guthrie's I Ain't Got No Home performed by Bruce Springsteen

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 am

Condunum wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I thought their orgies consisted of them fucking sex dolls.

But the lights are off because since its all men they don't want to be called gay.

It's ok if it's a three-way.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 am

Condunum wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:It's not like I have a mind of my own, with opinions, wants, desires, needs. I'm just the kitchen wench.

Speaking of which, why are you here? Make me a sandwich. It's the right thing to do, obviously.

They're on the dining table, dear.

Seperates wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:I thought their orgies consisted of them fucking sex dolls.

Indeed.

Quite sad, that. We have the most wonderful scenes on our end, and they choose to reject that for their dolls.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

Seperates wrote:Indeed.

Quite sad, that. We have the most wonderful scenes on our end, and they choose to reject that for their dolls.

Yes... well... to each their own I guess?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General