NATION

PASSWORD

The purpose of posting on NSG

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am

Czechanada wrote:To enforce my views as the irrefutable truth.

Join the queue.

I hate that word. I always pronouce it as "qweewee" in my head.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 am

I really don't post much anymore, I either type too slowly and get left behind in the discussion or I just don't care. However, I do enjoy reading these threads so much I've considered changing my flag to a guy munching popcorn in front of a screen.

You can find it all here: Drama, tragedy, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, news, sports, education, bonobos, satire, furious debating, cookies, meek socializing, in-jokes, memes, Myrth, heart-warming kindness, face-melting stupidity, above average intelligence, mud wrestling, and the occasional hilarious ban-hammering. It's just an absolute beauty of a time-waster.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:
Czechanada wrote:To enforce my views as the irrefutable truth.

Join the queue.

I hate that word. I always pronouce it as "qweewee" in my head.

Surely it should be qu-yu? Or ke-e if you want to do it French style.
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Continued from another topic...

What is the purpose of posting on NSG? Is it just to waste time? Is there no other purpose than to hit random characters on the keyboard until you find something else to waste time with? Are there any secondary effects to posting on NSG? Or may we as well stare at a wall until it's time to head off to something more interesting in our lives?

Forgive my poor OPs, I've never been particularly good at starting conversations.

Originally, it was the only outlet for political/religious discussion. It still is. Then it was because I was addicted to it. Then it was because I was bored. Then it was because I had nothing better to do. Then I took a holiday and came back with opinions that will not shift (classic example, Mavopern was right with regards to majors but the name makes no real sense if it is nothing but majors). Then I took an actual holiday and I post here because, frankly, I want an outlet for political discussion with mostly reasonable people. Plus, my IRL friends don't like multi-person online conversation.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Previous

Return to General