NATION

PASSWORD

It's A Gay Life 2.0

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Capitalizt

It's A Gay Life 2.0

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Greetings fellow NSGers!

Acknowledging that NS is a pretty diverse and welcoming community, I thought it'd be a good idea to revive this thread - after all, we do have quite a few members of the LGBTIQ community here. In honor of Buffy's original thread, this will be "It's a Gay Life 2.0"

Basically, this thread is for anyone to talk about any issues, give your opinions, share personal stories, or talk about anything related to the LGBTIQ community. Of course, you don't have to be a member of the LGBTIQ community to post. Feel free to post whatever you want, just don't spam, be respectful (absolutely no homophobia, flaming, trolling, etc), no cookie monsters, and keep things PG-13 ;P

As an icebreaker (remember you can talk about anything), feel free to share your coming out stories, any interesting incidents in your life, or anything relevant thoughts that come to mind. Personally I'm in the process of coming out of the closet right now. I've told some friends and am trying to tell some others, but I just haven't found the right moment to do so. Any interesting tips or ideas on how to bring it up?
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm

San Pellegrino Romana wrote:Greetings fellow NSGers!

Acknowledging that NS is a pretty diverse and welcoming community, I thought it'd be a good idea to revive this thread - after all, we do have quite a few members of the LGBTIQ community here. In honor of Buffy's original thread, this will be "It's a Gay Life 2.0"

Basically, this thread is for anyone to talk about any issues, give your opinions, share personal stories, or talk about anything related to the LGBTIQ community. Of course, you don't have to be a member of the LGBTIQ community to post. Feel free to post whatever you want, just don't spam, be respectful (no flaming, trolling, etc), and keep things PG-13 ;P

As an icebreaker (remember you can talk about anything), feel free to share your coming out stories, any interesting incidents in your life, or anything relevant thoughts that come to mind. Personally I'm in the process of coming out of the closet right now. I've told some friends and am trying to tell some others, but I just haven't found the right moment to do so. Any interesting tips or ideas on how to bring it up?

IQ?

Shit man, even more letters?
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

South Cvandia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby South Cvandia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:38 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:

Basically, this thread is for anyone to talk about any issues, give your opinions, share personal stories, or talk about anything related to the LGBTIQ community. Of course, you don't have to be a member of the LGBTIQ community to post. Feel free to post whatever you want, just don't spam, be respectful (no flaming, trolling, etc), and keep things PG-13 ;P

IQ?

Adding more letters makes me feel smart :(
REDCON 1 - Armies Mobilized - Full War
Operation Savior - IN PROGRESS
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 64_eng.jpg

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 pm

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:

IQ?

Lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/intersex/questioning.

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Honestly I have no clue to tell your friends that you're gay. I just never experienced that before...
Bruh.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm a bisexual guy and I'm out to most people. :)
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Page wrote:I'm a bisexual guy and I'm out to most people. :)

Good for you. I am Heterosexual. But I can understand the problems Bis and gays go through.
Bruh.

Terra Francia (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Francia (Ancient) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Honestly I don't know, lately I've found both genders attractive. /confusedteen
The French Empire
An Earth Empires State

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm currently in a sort of relationship with a guy...

I've only told my mother recently that I may be bi, that's the extent of people who know...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Terra Francia wrote:Honestly I don't know, lately I've found both genders attractive. /confusedteen

Hmm. Right now it seems like you're questioning, although you could be bi. *sigh* sexual orientations are sooooo confusing.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm straight, but I find male post-op transvestites as attractive as biological women.

... I'm still not sure what that makes me.

And I support LGBT rights, probably just to spite my schoolyard bullies.

They stoned me and two of my friends, one of whom they THOUGHT was gay.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 pm

The Rich Port wrote:I'm straight, but I find male post-op transvestites as attractive as biological women.

Where do you live?
Bruh.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm

San Pellegrino Romana wrote:
Terra Francia wrote:Honestly I don't know, lately I've found both genders attractive. /confusedteen

Hmm. Right now it seems like you're questioning, although you could be bi. *sigh* sexual orientations are sooooo confusing.

They really are especially when you consider them from a non-binary perspective. For example I have found myself attracted to gender neutral people from time to time so the label pansexual might be more fitting, but I mostly identify as bi because people know what it means and I'd say 99.9% of the time the person I'm attracted to is either a male or female.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Gaveo wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:I'm straight, but I find male post-op transvestites as attractive as biological women.

Where do you live?

It happened in Puerto Rico, but now I live in the U.S.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Holy shit, stoning is pretty drastic. I hope you guys got out of it alright. Did the authorities get involved?

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm

The term transvestite means "crossdresser" and it is offensive to transgender and transsexual people to be labeled as such. Also don't misgender people. A female transsexual is someone born as a man who identifies with the female gender and alters herself as such.

Not trying to be a dick to you, clearly you aren't a homophobe I'm just telling you to watch your words. It matters to some people.

Terra Francia (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Francia (Ancient) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm

I am questioning. Although I've kept these thoughts to myself, and a few close friends. LGBT people are looked down upon where I lived, and I've often heard family members say some things condemning the LGBT community.
The French Empire
An Earth Empires State

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Gaveo wrote:Where do you live?

It happened in Puerto Rico, but now I live in the U.S.

Jeez. Thats terrible.
Bruh.

South Cvandia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby South Cvandia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I am a young teenager in a consistently "red" or conservative state in the bible belt of the United States. I am a gay male. My parents found out about me "being gay" or whatever they consider it since they don't think I am gay, that they know better about who I am, than myself. I have received a little harassment at school, the typical fag insults, references to sucking dick, you know all that fun stuff. But I have also seen overwhelming support, much more than I thought I would ever get if I came out, I mean support to where I could like, actually have normal guy friends, and have them not be creeped out about it. My home life is a totally different story. My parents are obviously disgusted at me, and my dad refuses to allow me to have any "girl" things on facebook, or pro-gay rights things on it either. I, in spite of this, have come to terms that I most likely will never change my parent's views on homosexuality, and I don't expect to anymore, I have a few more years before I can legally leave this house for good, and move on to a tad bit more positive life. That's a short summary on my "coming out" story of sorts. I let out a lot of details that are dark, like extremely dark, so yea. I'll only bring them up if asked, not gonna go around being negative all the time.
REDCON 1 - Armies Mobilized - Full War
Operation Savior - IN PROGRESS
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 64_eng.jpg

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm

South Cvandia wrote:I am a young teenager in a consistently "red" or conservative state in the bible belt of the United States. I am a gay male. My parents found out about me "being gay" or whatever they consider it since they don't think I am gay, that they know better about who I am, than myself. I have received a little harassment at school, the typical fag insults, references to sucking dick, you know all that fun stuff. But I have also seen overwhelming support, much more than I thought I would ever get if I came out, I mean support to where I could like, actually have normal guy friends, and have them not be creeped out about it. My home life is a totally different story. My parents are obviously disgusted at me, and my dad refuses to allow me to have any "girl" things on facebook, or pro-gay rights things on it either. I, in spite of this, have come to terms that I most likely will never change my parent's views on homosexuality, and I don't expect to anymore, I have a few more years before I can legally leave this house for good, and move on to a tad bit more positive life. That's a short summary on my "coming out" story of sorts. I let out a lot of details that are dark, like extremely dark, so yea. I'll only bring them up if asked, not gonna go around being negative all the time.

Hey, I feel you bro. Hope you make it through this, I am not gay myself but I already here calls from my classmates calling one certain kid gay... *sighs*
Bruh.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Holy shit, stoning is pretty drastic. I hope you guys got out of it alright. Did the authorities get involved?

Turns out, he WAS gay, but they could've waited until he came out about a decade later.

Nope. Schoolyard antics, boys will be boys, etc.

Page wrote:

The term transvestite means "crossdresser" and it is offensive to transgender and transsexual people to be labeled as such. Also don't misgender people. A female transsexual is someone born as a man who identifies with the female gender and alters herself as such.

Not trying to be a dick to you, clearly you aren't a homophobe I'm just telling you to watch your words. It matters to some people.

:lol: All of that effort to find the right words... ALL FOR NAUGHT.

Is "I find female transsexuals attractive" the appropriate version, then?

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm

The Rich Port wrote: :lol: All of that effort to find the right words... ALL FOR NAUGHT.

Is "I find female transsexuals attractive" the appropriate version, then?

Just "trans" works the best.

So you could say "I find trans women attractive"
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 pm

I just want to clarify trans* for everyone.

If a person with a penis identifies as a woman, she is a woman, regardless of whether she has had hormones, an operation, or whether she plans to.
If a person with a vagina identifies as a man, he is a man, regardless of whether he has had hormones, an operation, or whether he plans to.
If a person says they are gender neutral, genderqueer, or any other ambiguous identity, they are what they say they are regardless of their genitals.

Transvestite = Drag queen/king. A person who dresses as the opposite gender they identify with for entertainment.
Transgender = A person whose identity doesn't match their birth assignment
Transsexual = A person whose identity doesn't match their birth assignment who alters their body in order to be what they want to be.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 pm

The Rich Port wrote:Is "I find female transsexuals attractive" the appropriate version, then?

If you are referring to women assigned male at birth, then yes.

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Terra Francia wrote:
San Pellegrino Romana wrote:Hmm. Right now it seems like you're questioning, although you could be bi. *sigh* sexual orientations are sooooo confusing.

I am questioning. Although I've kept these thoughts to myself, and a few close friends. LGBT people are looked down upon where I lived, and I've often heard family members say some things condemning the LGBT community.

South Cvandia wrote:I am a young teenager in a consistently "red" or conservative state in the bible belt of the United States. I am a gay male. My parents found out about me "being gay" or whatever they consider it since they don't think I am gay, that they know better about who I am, than myself. I have received a little harassment at school, the typical fag insults, references to sucking dick, you know all that fun stuff. But I have also seen overwhelming support, much more than I thought I would ever get if I came out, I mean support to where I could like, actually have normal guy friends, and have them not be creeped out about it. My home life is a totally different story. My parents are obviously disgusted at me, and my dad refuses to allow me to have any "girl" things on facebook, or pro-gay rights things on it either. I, in spite of this, have come to terms that I most likely will never change my parent's views on homosexuality, and I don't expect to anymore, I have a few more years before I can legally leave this house for good, and move on to a tad bit more positive life. That's a short summary on my "coming out" story of sorts. I let out a lot of details that are dark, like extremely dark, so yea. I'll only bring them up if asked, not gonna go around being negative all the time.

Sorry to hear you guys have some negative influences/experiences in your life :( Hopefully it'll all get better. Just remember, there are always people who will accept you for who you are. Fuck, I wish there was no homophobia *cries*

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General