NATION

PASSWORD

Femitheist Divine Commits Suicide

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 120995
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 am

Des-Bal wrote:Nobody kills themselves because somebody was rude to them on their blogs, she was fucked in the head and this was the logical conclusion of that.


We don't know, again, if this is true or a hoax.

For a better explanation, read Tahar Joblis's post below.

Tahar Joblis wrote:As I already noted when someone posted it in the old thread, not only is there a lack of evidence for her suicide, but the Femitheist Divine persona remained active online - engaging with and trolling various MRAs - after the supposed suicide.

After a little while of that, she then quit.

This is clear if you read down to the comments in the link in the OP, and follow through the links offered.

For completeness, I'm just going to re-quote myself:
Tahar Joblis wrote:Read down to the comments. Evidently, she didn't kill herself, started posting around, got her real identity tracked down by people investigating the alleged suicide, and then quit again.

Now, that does put paid some questions and leave open others. For one thing, I can dig up all the comments from people here on NSG who seemed so sure that Femitheist was a man (and a middle aged man, at that), based on what I pointed out was pretty flimsy evidence, and claim vindication. The Poe's Law question is, I think, never really going to be really shut unless we see a lot more follow-up, which I am frankly not very interested in; the sort of shit that she was claiming in her persona as Femitheist was indeed the sort of shit that people will often insincerely disclaim if it gets tied to their RL identity.

Tahar Joblis wrote:Confirmed 20 year old female. Confirmed dishonest attention-seeking person. Confirmed troll depends on your definition of "troll" and possibly some unknowns. Did she want attention? Yes. Does she sincerely hold seriously misandrist views? Not clear. Is she part of the Men's Rights Movement, to the degree that it can be described as a movement? Definitely not.

Which means:


That Natapoc was seriously wrong on three counts.

1.) Not old. Femitheist was telling the truth about her age.
2.) Not a man. Femitheist was telling the truth about her gender.
3.) Not a MRA. She may have been presenting exaggerated views rather than her own actual views [jury's still out on that AFAIK], but all things considered, she spent most of her effort actively trying to troll the men's rights community rather than interacting with feminists, and cannot be considered a MRA by any reasonable means. Even her fake suicide seemed part of an effort targeted to troll MRAs.

Which, of course, means that I was right, and Natapoc was wrong. With good reason - Natapoc was ignoring a lot of good evidence and clinging to some very slender straws to try to salvage the notion that Femitheist was a false flag operation run by some secretive MRA as part of a conspiracy to make feminists look bad.

EDIT: For MOAR completeness, three comments from near the bottom of the the AVFM page. You might find these convincing:
Scented Nectar
This morning in my newsfeed reader was the following blogpost by Femitheist. The blog is now shut down, but she deleted it AFTER my Reader had downloaded the article, so it’s still in there (as an already read item). Here it is:
__________________________________

YOU WIN.
by Femitheist Divine

Look. I saw that anonymous comment about the Femitheist on that PUBLIC FORUM FROM MY CITY. I just came back here, so please stop.

I quit. You win. I’ve deleted everything and in about an hour I’ll be deleting the entire Blog. I’ve deleted all of my files. I will never return.

You are victorious. You found me. I’m scared. You win.

Okay?

I’m not a God, I’m not anything. It was all a joke at your expense. I didn’t mean anything I’ve ever posted here. I’m just one huge satirist troll. All right? I’m serious. None of this was real. I’m just a joker. So, please do not push any more.

You found me, okay? Please stop. Game over. You win. I lose. I’m stupid. You win.

All right?

The entire Femitheist thing was just a persona to troll, nothing more. It was all fake.

Thank you.

Once again, you win, I lose. Game over for me.
________________________________

Scented Nectar in reply to PHX MRA
I just got lucky with the timing of when I went to Google Reader. Once it’s been loaded into the page, and seen/read, there, it retains a copy even when the post gets deleted.

I’m looking now, in another tab, and my Reader page has (maybe) all of her articles stored, from “The Lie of the Patriarchy – The Final Eutopia” (posted April 19) to “YOU WIN” (posted this morning).

It really is hard to remove off of the internet, all traces of what one has previously made public.

Beaker in reply to Scented Nectar
I wrote the comment she is referring to:

Hello Femitheist, you gotta lay off the sauce. Its affecting your blogging!

You can see it here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paragou ... QF2CAP2/p2

I love how offended and scared she is. Because her talk of mass murder and hatred was just a joke but we’ve done something really bad – make her take responsibility for her words.

I actually believe strongly in anonymity online, but like all rights there boundaries and Femitheist was way over the line.

I think the preponderance of the evidence lies clearly on the side of "hoax."
Why, yes. Julie Newmar is best Catwoman. ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
An Unrepentant Geraldine
TET's Mistress of Meows!
I have the power of orange knickers!

User avatar
Not Safe For Work
Minister
 
Posts: 2010
Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:51 am

Forsher wrote:
Not Safe For Work wrote:
You're missing the point. Femitheist's rant about male castration, for example - talked about a world 'holiday' when people would be castrated. They might be 'made to' be castrated, for example - but there is no 'state' that has this kind of world power.

IF Femitheist was even a real person, and IF the rants were even genuine - it's no more appropriate really to talk of 'her' ideas as 'totalitarianism' than it is to describe MFI's belief that all people with extremist views 'should' kill themselves as 'totalitarian'.

What is allegedly wrong in Femitheist, is duplicated in MFI. According to MFI, the solution is suicide - a solution he (or she) does not extend to themselves. For which we can be glad, I think - I'm certainly not arguing in favor of suicide.


For it to happen, one can argue that complete subservience to the state is necessary, whether or not such a state exists doesn't actually matter. His view, on the other hand, had no room for the state, it isn't suicide if it is forced. Not that that matters, neither of you took defensible positions.

That's the thing, though, if his view isn't totalitarian than he needn't commit suicide.


:palm:

I wasn't saying he should commit suicide.

I was pointing out that his sin was the same as the sin he was decrying, and that he wasn't consistent - because he excuses his own sin and holds it to a different standard. So, while he says 'she' SHOULD die for her sin, and - in fact ANYONE with a similar sin 'should' die - he (or she... I admit I've been mainly assuming 'he') doesn't feel 'he' should suffer the same fate.

But this is turning into a hijack of the sort I like least - the sort where we debate the poster. My interaction with MFI was about consistency in his argument. 'Keeping him honest', as the phrase goes. There's no point in me going further into this with you.
Beot or botneot, tath is the nestqoui.

User avatar
CTALNH
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7758
Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby CTALNH » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 am

No offense but if she was real then good riddance!

This coming from an extremist liberal feminist.
"This guy is a State socialist, which doesn't so much mean mass murder and totalitarianism as it means trying to have a strong state to lead the way out of poverty and towards a bright future. Strict state control of the economy is necessary to make the great leap forward into that brighter future, and all elements of society must be sure to contribute or else."
Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Lawful Neutral with slight Lawful Evil tendencies.
The Original NSG Marxist Leninist and Blanquist now a State socialist Humanist.
"Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
My voice!

User avatar
Outset Islands
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Outset Islands » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:59 am

One less feminist is a good thing.

Good riddance.

User avatar
CTALNH
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7758
Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby CTALNH » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 am

Outset Islands wrote:One less feminist is a good thing.

Good riddance.

You are trolling get out.
"This guy is a State socialist, which doesn't so much mean mass murder and totalitarianism as it means trying to have a strong state to lead the way out of poverty and towards a bright future. Strict state control of the economy is necessary to make the great leap forward into that brighter future, and all elements of society must be sure to contribute or else."
Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Lawful Neutral with slight Lawful Evil tendencies.
The Original NSG Marxist Leninist and Blanquist now a State socialist Humanist.
"Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
My voice!

User avatar
Forsher
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12349
Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Forsher » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 am

Not Safe For Work wrote:
Forsher wrote:
For it to happen, one can argue that complete subservience to the state is necessary, whether or not such a state exists doesn't actually matter. His view, on the other hand, had no room for the state, it isn't suicide if it is forced. Not that that matters, neither of you took defensible positions.

That's the thing, though, if his view isn't totalitarian than he needn't commit suicide.


:palm:

I wasn't saying he should commit suicide.

I was pointing out that his sin was the same as the sin he was decrying, and that he wasn't consistent - because he excuses his own sin and holds it to a different standard. So, while he says 'she' SHOULD die for her sin, and - in fact ANYONE with a similar sin 'should' die - he (or she... I admit I've been mainly assuming 'he') doesn't feel 'he' should suffer the same fate.

But this is turning into a hijack of the sort I like least - the sort where we debate the poster. My interaction with MFI was about consistency in his argument. 'Keeping him honest', as the phrase goes. There's no point in me going further into this with you.


And I wasn't saying that you were. Which, clearly, was obvious to me. You have to remember what exactly he was saying, which was that suicide is the best option with for people of ridiculously totalalitarian views.

You pointed it out very badly, in fact your method for doing so was quite misleading. Why whether or not he holds himself to the same standard should matter I do not know. After all it invariably creates a discussion less about the post, if you catch my drift... oh, that would be why.
Im Großen und Ganzen diese Übersetzung ist schrecklich, aber wer bin ich dann dazu zu äußern? Alles, was ich getan habe ist stehlen die Worte von anderen Männern und nannte es akademische.

Ich komme aus Neuseeland.

Die Welt ist wie nichts für nichts. Ich will damit sagen, dass die Welt alles für etwas, und immer mehr als nichts ist.

User avatar
Outset Islands
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Outset Islands » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:07 am

CTALNH wrote:
Outset Islands wrote:One less feminist is a good thing.

Good riddance.

You are trolling get out.


I'm 100% serious.

Don't call me a 'troll' just because I think differently than you.

User avatar
CTALNH
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7758
Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby CTALNH » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 am

Forsher wrote:
Not Safe For Work wrote:
:palm:

I wasn't saying he should commit suicide.

I was pointing out that his sin was the same as the sin he was decrying, and that he wasn't consistent - because he excuses his own sin and holds it to a different standard. So, while he says 'she' SHOULD die for her sin, and - in fact ANYONE with a similar sin 'should' die - he (or she... I admit I've been mainly assuming 'he') doesn't feel 'he' should suffer the same fate.

But this is turning into a hijack of the sort I like least - the sort where we debate the poster. My interaction with MFI was about consistency in his argument. 'Keeping him honest', as the phrase goes. There's no point in me going further into this with you.


And I wasn't saying that you were. Which, clearly, was obvious to me. You have to remember what exactly he was saying, which was that suicide is the best option with for people of ridiculously totalalitarian views.

You pointed it out very badly, in fact your method for doing so was quite misleading. Why whether or not he holds himself to the same standard should matter I do not know. After all it invariably creates a discussion less about the post, if you catch my drift... oh, that would be why.

Hem so your saying I should commit suicide?

Now were did I put my explosive vest and ak47 that I used to plan to storm with them the senate house?
"This guy is a State socialist, which doesn't so much mean mass murder and totalitarianism as it means trying to have a strong state to lead the way out of poverty and towards a bright future. Strict state control of the economy is necessary to make the great leap forward into that brighter future, and all elements of society must be sure to contribute or else."
Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Lawful Neutral with slight Lawful Evil tendencies.
The Original NSG Marxist Leninist and Blanquist now a State socialist Humanist.
"Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
My voice!

User avatar
Faolinn
Minister
 
Posts: 2054
Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Faolinn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

Warhosta Lives wrote:
Condunum wrote:She doesn't represent the feminist movement, at all.


Oh yes. She does/did.

*shoves a rather uncomfortable metal gag in your mouth*My mother is a feminist you ass.She has never, ever, told me, my brother, or my father who she married that we deserved the shit this woman advocated. Nor do any of the women I know who ally themselves with the movement. Anyone who says this kind of crap is no feminist. My mother as I have said always told me that the movement is about lifting people up, not tearing them down, and if you think that one fringe blogger represents the entire the movement, you are just as crazy. I agree with them when they say that men have done some truly awful things, but I do not know one feminist person believed in creating matriarchal society, not one who advocated for the slaughter of the male population, or believed that creating a matriarchal society would mean utopia if such a thing ever occurred. No, they advocate for the equality of all people. So I am going to follow my mother's example and treat you in a equal fashion to the way I would treat anyone who says such things, by calling you an ass who needs to grow up and look at the world for what it is.
Last edited by Faolinn on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

User avatar
Raeyh
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6275
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

Faolinn wrote:*puts on brass knuckles and punches you in the virtual face*My mother is a feminist you ass.She has never, ever, told me, my brother, or my father who she married that we deserved the shit this woman advocated. Nor do any of the women I know who ally themselves with the movement. Anyone who says this kind of crap is no feminist.


She's just a radical feminist.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 18772
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 am

Faolinn *** warned for flaming. ***
<CrazyGirl> That angel in his flag?
<CrazyGirl> It's a trick

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38378
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:14 am

Vandover wrote:The Femitheistdivine,a radical feminist,has commited suicide.It was apparently because of hate she got from comments on her blogs,which include All Men Must Be Castrated,A Man is a Rape Supporter If (which applies to every man),and many more sexist blogs.

Call me cold-hearted, but it's not like I'll shed many tears over a the death of a sexist troll.
...oh wait, she didn't kill herself and she just faked? LOL QUITTER!!! ATTENTION-WHORE!!! :lol:

... wrote the word "bitch" on her daughter's forehead so it would make her stonger than other women?

:shock: ...Da fuck?

Ffs, all that woman needs is a good psychiatrist.
Last edited by Risottia on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Statanist through and through.
Now officially a terrorist according to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Chair of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38378
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:15 am

Raeyh wrote:She's just a radical feminist.

...one of the MOST radical feminist trolls, to be more accurate.
Statanist through and through.
Now officially a terrorist according to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Chair of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.

User avatar
The Emerald Dawn
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15084
Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:15 am

Risottia wrote:
Vandover wrote:The Femitheistdivine,a radical feminist,has commited suicide.It was apparently because of hate she got from comments on her blogs,which include All Men Must Be Castrated,A Man is a Rape Supporter If (which applies to every man),and many more sexist blogs.

Call me cold-hearted, but it's not like I'll shed many tears over a the death of a sexist troll.

... wrote the word "bitch" on her daughter's forehead so it would make her stonger than other women?

:shock: ...Da fuck?

Ffs, all that woman needed was a good psychiatrist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-Qq2umKZo

User avatar
Takaram
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8919
Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am

Risottia wrote:
Raeyh wrote:She's just a radical feminist.

...one of the MOST radical feminist trolls, to be more accurate.


Seriously, does this even qualify as femanism, radical or otherwise? It's honestly just misandry, plain and simple.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69


A trifecta of pure evil: Gay, Liberal, and Atheist.

User avatar
Risottia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38378
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Risottia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 am

Takaram wrote:
Risottia wrote:...one of the MOST radical feminist trolls, to be more accurate.


Seriously, does this even qualify as femanism, radical or otherwise? It's honestly just misandry, plain and simple.


One could define misandry as a part of extreme feminism.
Statanist through and through.
Now officially a terrorist according to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Chair of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.

User avatar
Takaram
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8919
Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:19 am

Risottia wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Seriously, does this even qualify as femanism, radical or otherwise? It's honestly just misandry, plain and simple.


One could define misandry as a part of extreme feminism.


But honestly, this has nothing to do with the advancement of women. No one is bettered when other groups are being oppressed. If women do what she advocated, they would be no better to worse than men have been to women.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69


A trifecta of pure evil: Gay, Liberal, and Atheist.

User avatar
The De Danann Nation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 918
Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The De Danann Nation » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 am

This article just smells phony.I don't know what it is but I just have doubts about the accuracy of this article.
Last edited by The De Danann Nation on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atheism and theism are two sides of the same coin. The theist believe in an eternal soul, the atheist believe in none. Most theist believe in a Higher Power, atheist do not. One thing both of these two have in common: they're both so damn sure of themselves.

User avatar
Kushtor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 764
Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kushtor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 am

This is another baby step toward true gender equality.
- Rights and freedoms are only as good as what you do with them.
-Better to be a parasitic looter than a malignant narcissist.
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59
Patriotic Social Democrat
Nationalistic(4%) Secular(64%) Visionary(27%) Anarchistic(20%) Communistic(9%) Pacifist(7%) Ecological(26%)
'Post-Modern'

User avatar
Raeyh
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6275
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:39 am

Takaram wrote:
Risottia wrote:
One could define misandry as a part of extreme feminism.


But honestly, this has nothing to do with the advancement of women. No one is bettered when other groups are being oppressed. If women do what she advocated, they would be no better to worse than men have been to women.


Since there are only men and women in the world, you could either make them equal by raising up women or by bashing men down.

User avatar
Priory Academy USSR
Senator
 
Posts: 4832
Founded: May 04, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 am

Kushtor wrote:This is another baby step toward true gender equality.


Are you on about the fact she killed herself, or her actual views?
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

User avatar
Takaram
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8919
Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:42 am

Raeyh wrote:
Takaram wrote:
But honestly, this has nothing to do with the advancement of women. No one is bettered when other groups are being oppressed. If women do what she advocated, they would be no better to worse than men have been to women.


Since there are only men and women in the world, you could either make them equal by raising up women or by bashing men down.


But she was proposing making men the slaves of women, essentially reversing the situation we currently have, and then running them even further apart.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69


A trifecta of pure evil: Gay, Liberal, and Atheist.

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14853
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:48 am

TJ already exposed this as false, and the subject as being an admitted troll. Really, was it that surprising, given the article cited by the OP?

So, what's the point of this thread now? We've already established that it did not in fact happen, and that Femitheist Divine was just trying to get a rise out of people.
Modern industrial civilization has developed within a certain system of convenient myths. The driving force of modern industrial civilization has been individual material gain, which is accepted as legitimate, even praiseworthy, on the grounds that private vices yield public benefits, in the classic formulation. Now, it has long been understood, very well, that a society that is based on this principle will destroy itself in time. It can only persist, with whatever suffering and injustice that it entails, as long as it is possible to pretend that the destructive forces that humans create are limited, that the world is an infinite resource, and that the world is an infinite garbage can.
Noam Chomsky

User avatar
greed and death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40646
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby greed and death » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:12 am

Hydesland wrote:Why are so many people being so rude to her? I don't care if she had insane views, it is never okay to say that she deserved death.

unless you disagree with me, then you and your family deserve death.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 74901
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

greed and death wrote:
Hydesland wrote:Why are so many people being so rude to her? I don't care if she had insane views, it is never okay to say that she deserved death.

unless you disagree with me, then you and your family deserve death.

You kill people who agree with you? Man, I knew Texans were weird, but seriously.
In support of Arch
The real question is how can you be a man and not be a feminist? ~ Neo Art
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
Also, bonobos.
<Sigh> NSG... where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
My favorite anarcho-capitalist quote: "Im Bendira, ancap troll, nice to meet you"
Two novels can change a bookish 14-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. ~ John Rogers

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aesthetic Appeal, Alyakia, Asyir, Avalon, Benuty, Bing [Bot], Commonwealth of Hank the Cat, Darspazistan, DesAnges, Dooom35796821595, Dumb Ideologies, Estruia, Furry Alairia and Algeria, Google Adsense [Bot], Grainne Ni Malley, Great Kleomentia, Greater Mackonia, Hrvatska republikanska drzava, Inolena, Jocabia, Kierowa, Koshkarus, Mallaska, Martean, Mighty Asgard, Nanatsu no Tsuki, New Aerios, Oceanic Vakiadia, Old Tyrannia, Olerand, Saiwania, San Mazer, Scomagia, Slarvainian, Snjorlandio, The House of Xavier, The Nuclear Fist, Trotskylvania, United Marxist Nations, Xemnarius, Yahoo [Bot], Zaldakki, Zeinbrad

Remove ads