NATION

PASSWORD

Is American exceptionalism a threat to the world?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:28 pm

New Sapienta wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:1: Can't find anything.

2: Even better - He declared war.

3: Couldn't find anything with a quick google search.

Although that was not directed at me, I couldn't help but answer the second one.

That's not a reputable source.

How about this? Or this?
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
New Sapienta wrote:

That's not a reputable source.

How about this? Or this?

Thefirst one not so much, the second yes.

Olivaero
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Olivaero » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 pm

I'd agree with CtP but I think that most Americans here are not aware of why these worries seem to exist, It's because, yeah sure plenty of empires have said they were the best Empire to have ever existed but they didn't have the power to destroy the entire world now did they? It's the fact that these issues even exist that is the most worrying. The fact that religion even has a say in politics, the fact that one of your political parties *prides* it's self on being very religious is worrying. There's been plenty said about american leaders understanding real politik but the fact is large parts of the population don't even acknowledge it . Which is fine while the leaders still acknowledge it, but what if someone like Rick Santorum actually came to power? A man who stated god had told him to run for office? What if god also told him that Iran was too evil to allow its existence on the face of the earth? Do you see what I'm getting at here?

At the end of the day any group of people believing they are the chosen is dangerous, it's even more dangerous when those people arguably have a shot at controlling the most powerful country on earth.
British, Anglo Celtic, English, Northerner.

Transhumanist, Left Hegelian, Marxist, Communist.

Agnostic Theist, Culturally Christian.

Corporate Councils
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporate Councils » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 pm

If someone like Santorum comes into office, that's when we pull an Algeria and the military gives him the boot and tells the population to try again.

Yewhohohopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yewhohohopia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:31 pm

It's just as unspecial a threat as Americans are unspecial a people.
A world of lonely men, and no love, no God.

Previous

Return to General