NATION

PASSWORD

Stupidest things that your school system has done

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:THAT WAS THE WORST. I might have actually preferred being beaten with tin cans on rope.

"But it's cheaper!" they cried. Idiots. It got so bad I could barely do any work requiring a computer or the internet at school.

Not to mention that the systems they use to take attendance, record grades, etc. were ALL online because "doing it on paper is too easy to mess up/lose/forge and way too time consuming."
LOL. The system was down like every day and took up all of class trying to get attendance and nonsense.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Uraeli
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Uraeli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Forcing us to eat lunch with the people who had the birthday month as you. It was really awkward.
Why us nice guys are best.
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97
Foreign Policy - Non-Interventionism: -6.72
Culture- Cultural liberal: -4.48

The Original Anti-American American

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:00 pm

My school banned pens.

They also banned backpacks.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Torisakia wrote:My school banned pens.

I think we can all agree: you win.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Uraeli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uraeli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Are you serious?

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Uraeli wrote:Forcing us to eat lunch with the people who had the birthday month as you. It was really awkward.

That doesn't even make sense. At all.

My school wouldn't let you do work with pens, but you also weren't allowed to have mechanical pencils or pencil sharpeners. You simply had to come to school with a ton of presharpened pencils, or liquid pencils.
But yeah, mine banned backpacks, too.
Last edited by Torcularis Septentrionalis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

Uraeli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uraeli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:
Uraeli wrote:Forcing us to eat lunch with the people who had the birthday month as you. It was really awkward.

That doesn't even make sense. At all.

Luckily, it was only one day.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Uraeli wrote:

Are you serious?

Backpacks is understandable, actually. My school had the same policy this year.
password scrambled

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Uraeli wrote:

Are you serious?

If I wasn't serious, would I not have put the banned things in italics?
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Who cares about meeting new people. It's not like anybody may have recently moved or anything.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Slarvainian
Minister

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Slarvainian » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm

I think the problem with all of our school boards and principles is last time the people in the school board or principles taught kids was 30-40 years ago
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Sophist, Ironist, the po-mo-neo-marxist Jordan Peterson warned you about.

I really enjoy talking ideas with people so feel free to TG me.

Uraeli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uraeli » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Uraeli wrote:
Are you serious?

If I wasn't serious, would I not have put the banned things in italics?

Perhaps. But do you know why they were banned?

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Slarvainian wrote:I think the problem with all of our school boards and principles is last time the people in the school board or principles taught kids was 30-40 years ago

Not usually.In fact, most principles and administrative staff have recently stopped being teachers. There is always the old crowd, though.
password scrambled

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Uraeli wrote:
Torisakia wrote:If I wasn't serious, would I not have put the banned things in italics?

They banned backpacks because people had them out of their lockers and carried them around when we were suppose to keep them inside of our lockers.

They banned pens because they accused us of drawing graffiti on the bathroom stall walls.

I have a feeling that this year, their policy is going to be: "NO HAPPINESS!".

Latest Headlines

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Two years ago, my school gained the money they could have used to upgrade ALL of the computers in the school to a better system, the windows programming they were using was from 2000-2003 and were horriblely slow, what did they do? Bought another five crat loads of the same system based computers as extras.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Meryuma wrote:They put me in a class with retarded people for having Asperger's and OCD.

Also, I don't think you should be complaining about your school system when the worst thing that happened was you got a 10 minute lunch detention. I went to 3 different schools in 2 years.

*starts playing a violin*

I'm not trying to bitch about how horrible my life is, just to point out that based on the OP it didn't sound like he had it that bad (though apparently things were worse with him than I thought).

Wait, what?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Zero Tolerance Policies.
Removing Health class as a mandatory class.

Slarvainian
Minister

Postby Slarvainian » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Condunum wrote:
Slarvainian wrote:I think the problem with all of our school boards and principles is last time the people in the school board or principles taught kids was 30-40 years ago

Not usually.In fact, most principles and administrative staff have recently stopped being teachers. There is always the old crowd, though.

Well in that case then for the principles and board of ED people it has been 30-40 years since they were kids.

I had a teacher once that even after exams were done in the last week of school was still making us do work and marking it all just because the principle said they still had to give us work. My other teachers said they didn’t care what we did as long as we were quite and not doing anything illegal (this was middle school so that’s why I was still at school then).
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.

Yewhohohopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yewhohohopia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Raped vulnerable children and/or made us learn the eleven times table.
A world of lonely men, and no love, no God.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Oh yeah, and my school banned Happiness.

Yes, I'm serious.

Latest Headlines

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Uraeli wrote:

They banned backpacks because people had them out of their lockers and carried them around when we were suppose to keep them inside of our lockers.

They banned pens because they accused us of drawing graffiti on the bathroom stall walls.

I have a feeling that this year, their policy is going to be: "NO HAPPINESS!".

SMILING GETS YOU A WEEK OF IN-SCHOOL-SUSPENSION.
LAUGHTER GETS YOU MURDERED.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Let's see....
Zero-tolerance policy.... attempted vilfying of Jospeh McCarthy.... attempted removal of Thomas Jefferson from US history... repeatedly considering teaching religion law and that pi is three and that evolution is a myth....

Texas is notable for it's public education fails.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Slarvainian
Minister

Postby Slarvainian » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:*starts playing a violin*

I'm not trying to bitch about how horrible my life is, just to point out that based on the OP it didn't sound like he had it that bad (though apparently things were worse with him than I thought).

Wait, what?

Hey don't worry about it. Most of my problems are pretty miniscule to having been in 3 schools in 2 years

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Ignored the bullied, minorly self-harming, loner terrified of speaking to anyone; confiscated anything they wrote on the grounds of it being inappropriate because it wasn't happy enough.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Noobubersland
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Noobubersland » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Ruridova wrote:Let's see....
Zero-tolerance policy.... attempted vilfying of Jospeh McCarthy.... attempted removal of Thomas Jefferson from US history... repeatedly considering teaching religion law and that pi is three and that evolution is a myth....

Texas is notable for it's public education fails.

Isn't McCarthy already known to be a villain?
Grand-Duc de Languedoc, Under Roi J&D I

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General