NATION

PASSWORD

Miscegenation

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Interracial relationships? Yea or Nay?

I support!
90%
I reject!
10%

Total votes : 126

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Miscegenation

Postby New Ziedrich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Wikipedia defines it as such:

Miscegenation (Latin miscere "to mix" + genus "kind") is the mixing of different racial groups, that is, marrying, cohabiting, having sexual relations and having children with a partner from outside one's racially or ethnically defined group.

This thread is inspired by this post:

Glorious Freedonia wrote:There are a lot of people who disagree with the law but follow it because it is the law. Most people are law abiding across the whole range of viewpoints. I will illustrate this with an example from my own life. I am a landlord. I do not believe in misegenation. I also do not believe in having children outside of wedlock. I had a white woman apply for a tenancy. She had mulatto children (out of wedlock) and dated Black men. I totally disagreed with her family values. yet the law prohibits me from discriminating against prospective tenants on the basis of familial composition. I thought about this problem and I realized that although I hated her decisions and values, I love my country and I will follow the law. I rented her the apartment. I have since rented an apartment out to another mixed race couple.

So, let's open this up to discussion. Personally, I'm very accepting of this "racial mixing", but what about everyone else here?
Last edited by New Ziedrich on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Why the hell not?
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Accepting, because it really doesn't matter.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Accepting, because it really doesn't matter.

But it could upset your family, friends and close surroundings and this could influence your relationship a lot.

That's doesn't mean it should be verboten.

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Fuck who you want man, doesnt matter to me...

Im'll be honest, too dark of skin is unattractive to me, sexually, but, I dont have a problem with it at all...

And, thats not to say that dark skin is unattractive to me, just at a certain level it becomes so...

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Sorry to ask this, but I'm making a poll. How do I make it public?
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 pm

As far as the old saying goes, I have to admit that, so far, I've never gone back. ;)
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Maurepas wrote:Fuck who you want man, doesnt matter to me...

Im'll be honest, too dark of skin is unattractive to me, sexually, but, I dont have a problem with it at all...

And, thats not to say that dark skin is unattractive to me, just at a certain level it becomes so...

I hear this often and find it fascinating. I seem to be one of the few white people who 1) doesn't find pale skin appealing (I don't want to see through you!), and 2) loves REALLY DARK skin.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Ryadn wrote:

I hear this often and find it fascinating. I seem to be one of the few white people who 1) doesn't find pale skin appealing (I don't want to see through you!), and 2) loves REALLY DARK skin.

Idk, I have no explanation for it, to put it bluntly, I just dont get hard when I see really dark skin, :blush:

Virtud Tierra
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Virtud Tierra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 pm

I went black and did infact go back.

I don't really see a problem with race-mixing for other people but I don't think I'd want to have kids with any woman besides a white or mestizo. Black chicks and Asians are just not very attractive to me.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Virtud Tierra wrote:Asians are just not very attractive to me.

OH.MY.GOD!

I didnt know that was Possible! :blink:

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! :p

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:But it could upset your family, friends and close surroundings and this could influence your relationship a lot.

Wait, how so?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Virtud Tierra
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Virtud Tierra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Maurepas wrote:

OH.MY.GOD!

The chicks look too much like men too me. All squared off with androygenous faces and lacking in the T&A department to boot.

I don't get it, unless your into dudes, too.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Hairless Kitten II wrote:But it could upset your family, friends and close surroundings and this could influence your relationship a lot.

Wait, how so?

I would really think that would depend on who your family is...

Mine would probably be rather surprised, but, wouldnt upset them or anything...

Esselldee
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 23, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselldee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 pm

No problem with it, at all.

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Wait, how so?

The possible racism of the others are not doing good for your relationship, isn't?

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Virtud Tierra wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

OH.MY.GOD!

The chicks look too much like men too me. All squared off with androygenous faces and lacking in the T&A department to boot.

I don't get it, unless your into dudes, too.

No, Im not, I find men to be totally unattractive...

Ive gotten into a few trannies though, so, maybe Androgeny suits me...

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:

Wait, how so?

The possible racism of the others are not doing good for your relationship, isn't?

This problem can be easily solved by casting the offending racist individuals out of your life.
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:

Wait, how so?

My racist family members have no bearing on my theoretical relationship.

My mom can hate my girlfriend or boyfriend. If she can give me good reasons (IE, she stole from our family, she's cheating on you and you don't know, etc) then it will carry weight. If it's "She's a darkie", then sorry mom, but fuck off.

Yes, it might create some tension. But honestly, if my family and friends are more concerned about my partners skin than my happiness, then I really have little desire to associate with them.

Whiskey Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskey Hill » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Ryadn wrote:

ditto, unless it's fairly clear ivory skin, which can be good as well.
Factbook & Embassy Thread

The Imperial Commonwealth League of Crowns-Member

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm

Virtud Tierra wrote:I went black and did infact go back.

I don't really see a problem with race-mixing for other people but I don't think I'd want to have kids with any woman besides a white or mestizo. Black chicks and Asians are just not very attractive to me.

a) you're hardly the only one. I find very few Asians attractive (there is a handful), and tend to not be into black girls, though, there are some that are absolutly slammin.
b) Those two sentences are unrelated..."I don't want my kid with them" and "I don't find them attractive". You don't have to...your kid does.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Skin color doesn't matter to me. I could date someone who's purple or green for all I care. What does matter is character. A complete jerk could go from 10 to 0 in three seconds just by talking.
Last edited by Milks Empire on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Milks Empire wrote:Skin color doesn't matter to me. I could date someone who's purple or green for all I care. What does matter is character. A complete jerk could go from 10 to 0 in three seconds just by having poor character.

If they're purple, I'd suggest giving them the heimlich. If they're green, I'd suggest wearing a full body condom at all times.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Sarkhaan wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:Skin color doesn't matter to me. I could date someone who's purple or green for all I care. What does matter is character. A complete jerk could go from 10 to 0 in three seconds just by having poor character.

If they're purple, I'd suggest giving them the heimlich. If they're green, I'd suggest wearing a full body condom at all times.

:palm:
I meant if those were natural skin pigmentations.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:The possible racism of the others are not doing good for your relationship, isn't?

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but my family and friends are revolutionary in the fact that, well, they aren't racist.

Incredibly unusual, I know. :roll:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General