NATION

PASSWORD

Should Sex be illegal?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Raeyh wrote:The tree isn't necessary and it isn't a literal voice.

"Sometimes the most difficult battle, is the battle within..."

Ryu, Street Fighter.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Raeyh wrote:I blame both.

Or you can own up to your own lack of maturity and emotional development instead of trying to foist that problem on the rest of us.

If you trully feel compelled to fornicate with everything in sight then either A. Maybe you should act on the urge once and awhile or B. Go see a therapist.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Raeyh wrote:The tree isn't necessary and it isn't a literal voice.

"Sometimes the most difficult battle, is the battle within..."

Ryu, Street Fighter.

"When in doubt, whip it out."

Mavorpen, NSG.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Sanguinum Maria
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinum Maria » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:12 pm

You know what is (at least to me) one of the most amusing aspects of this entire debacle? I myself am completely fucking terrified of sex. I can see two individuals having sexual relations, and think it's nice and sweet...but anytime I envision myself having sex? It scares the shit outa me man.

Yet you don't see me going around, parading to get sex banned. Because that would be fallacious.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Raeyh wrote:
The tree isn't necessary and it isn't a literal voice.

So mother nature isn't forcing you to do anything. Leave Her out of this.

For crying out loud, I was just using poetic... OK it's Asmodai's fault. Happy now?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Sanguinum Maria wrote:You know what is (at least to me) one of the most amusing aspects of this entire debacle? I myself am completely fucking terrified of sex. I can see two individuals having sexual relations, and think it's nice and sweet...but anytime I envision myself having sex? It scares the shit outa me man.

Yet you don't see me going around, parading to get sex banned. Because that would be fallacious.

Me too.

I hope that I'll have sex one day, if only one time only...

Samuraikoku, NSG
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Sanguinum Maria wrote:You know what is (at least to me) one of the most amusing aspects of this entire debacle? I myself am completely fucking terrified of sex. I can see two individuals having sexual relations, and think it's nice and sweet...but anytime I envision myself having sex? It scares the shit outa me man.

Helps if you have an understanding partner for the first excursion...

Or in place of that...nevermind, if I want to share my history of sexual encounters I'll write in to Hustler.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Raeyh wrote:For crying out loud, I was just using poetic... OK it's Asmodai's fault. Happy now?

No. At the end of all this, there was a fictional being.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
So mother nature isn't forcing you to do anything. Leave Her out of this.

For crying out loud, I was just using poetic... OK it's Asmodai's fault. Happy now?

Asmodai doesn't exist.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Raeyh wrote:

Asmodai doesn't exist.

Wait really? DAMMIT!! What am I gonna do with 100 Asmodai traps now....or this recipe for Asmodai steak...or this template for Asmodai-skin moccasins...

Zutroy
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Zutroy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Raeyh wrote:
To ban something, it should be proven to be objectively bad. Therefore the debate on whether sex should be banned is inextricably linked to whether it is bad.

You don't have to objectively prove that you neighbor's music is too noisy before you get the cops to shut it off for being too loud. The people who are negatively affected by something should be given priority over people who enjoy something.

That is a ridiculous and egotistical statement.

In fact, it could be turned around on you, because more people would be negatively affected by the banning of sex than positively affected.
Last edited by Zutroy on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The war of the poor against the rich will be the bloodiest ever waged."
- F. Engels, 1845

Naughtania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Naughtania » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 pm

/thread

don't start him again
Naughtania: "A Greater Law Unto Itself"
Harmony
RIP 1000 CATS
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, meet the authoritarian liberal none of you thought existed.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General