NATION

PASSWORD

Is There a God?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Er, what?
I never added anything.
What I read seemed consistent with what I had read & heard elsewhere, so I quoted it.
I don't understand why you are so seemly angry.

I'm not angry.
I tried to state it as simply as possible after 'What?' as a reply.

What exactly was wrote with what I posted?

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:I'm not angry.
I tried to state it as simply as possible after 'What?' as a reply.

What exactly was wrote with what I posted?

heat transfers at the speed of light under ideal conditions but requires many interactions to reach equilibrium, so within our universe expansion is outstripping thermalization.

because expansion includes a period of time in which the universe expanded faster than the speed of light, and now includes a new source of energy, it may well be impossible for the universe to ever reach thermal equilibrium.

Also entropy cannot do anything after heat death because entropy can not increase more than heat death.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Siloniya
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloniya » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:41 pm

In our country, there is no supreme god existed, adults are gods, children are angles
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't gravedig

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Siloniya wrote:In our country, there is no supreme god existed, adults are gods, children are angles

General is OOC.

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Siloniya wrote:In our country, there is no supreme god existed, adults are gods, children are angles

In this forum, you do not roleplay a nation; you post as who you are, the player behind it. Do you think there is a god?
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Tsuntion wrote:

In this forum, you do not roleplay a nation; you post as who you are, the player behind it. Do you think there is a god?

ZOMBIE ALERT

ZOMBIE ALERT

ZOMBIE ALERT
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Vaktrania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaktrania » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:44 pm

One simple awnser, is no.
-Imogen Hanover

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Norstal wrote:ZOMBIE ALERT

ZOMBIE ALERT

ZOMBIE ALERT

That too.

I wonder if zombies have a god.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Fear the alien geometries.

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh joy, this thread is back.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Do ideas exist? They certainly aren't matter and not necessarily properties of matter, do processes exist? Actions? Concepts?
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:Do ideas exist? They certainly aren't matter and not necessarily properties of matter, do processes exist? Actions? Concepts?

In our minds yes, they don't really 'exist' though until we make them exist with our own hands.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:Do ideas exist? They certainly aren't matter and not necessarily properties of matter, do processes exist? Actions? Concepts?

Yes, they are matter. In a way.
They're memes, and exist in our brains. So quite physical.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Yes, ideas exist. Electric signals in our brains and what not.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:12 pm

The Thomas Theorem: "If men define situations are real, they become real in their consequences."
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:20 pm

actually they are physical patterns in matter, neural tissue, as are concepts.
Actions are alterations in matter.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

A Warm Place
Secretary

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby A Warm Place » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:28 pm

I consider myself to be a very weak Deist. I believe in god, but I don't accept the claims made by mainstream theism. I don't believe in faith, I don't believe in arguments from revelation, I don't believe in ID or watchmaker analogies. It's just my study of the arguments for the existence of god that leads me to believe they're more probable than the negation.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General