NATION

PASSWORD

HAPPY ZOMBIE JESUS DAY

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Renascibilitas
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Renascibilitas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
"Thou shalt not kill" was broken throughout the whole damn Bible. Jainism and Buddhism hold true to that belief several times better than Christianity. Why should you respect your neighbor for no reason? "Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" is how it's been for a long time. What "creation" are we respecting?

Show proof, and creation is our environment, if we respect our environment maybe we wouldn't be falling into our global warming apocalypse.

Are you seriously going to postulate the idea that religions that predated Christianity by thousands of years didn't develop those ideas first?
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Jerusalem and Damascus wrote:Sigh.

Really? All this negativity? Oh, come on guys, it's not the time for this. This is a time to be celebrating, even if it's not for Easter. It's bloody spring, and it's been so for a while! You're free for cold's brutal clutches and may now enjoy some semblance of warmth! Huzzah!

I like the cold actually. :(

Jerusalem and Damascus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalem and Damascus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Really? All this negativity? Oh, come on guys, it's not the time for this. This is a time to be celebrating, even if it's not for Easter. It's bloody spring, and it's been so for a while! You're free for cold's brutal clutches and may now enjoy some semblance of warmth! Huzzah!

Negativity?

Is light mocking negativity now? Really?

No, not him.

Ussss. The Christians. We're all getting upset over what is not really something to get upset over.
Roman Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist ala the Duma, Political Pluralist, Laissez-Faire Capitalist, Civil Libertarian (Don't have a link for this one -- just let people do as they do, so to speak)
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

NUMBER ONE ON KARINZISTAN'S NATION STATES LIST. HELLS YEAH.
Official recipient of Cu Math's "Let's Be Civil" Potato
How physicists I've met seem to function.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Where's the proof there, show us some proof.

Jain monks don't eat carrots. Know why? Because they have roots, therefore you would be killing the carrot. THAT'S how much they respect life. I'd say that defeats anything Jesus ever taught.

Then what do they eat as all vegetables are living, you can't survive on water
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Jerusalem and Damascus wrote:No, not him.

Ussss. The Christians. We're all getting upset over what is not really something to get upset over.

Oh whoops, my mistake, apologies.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Jerusalem and Damascus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusalem and Damascus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Genivaria wrote:

I like the cold actually. :(

You do not live in the Ottawa Valley, this is why.

My beard has frozen on occasion here.
Roman Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist ala the Duma, Political Pluralist, Laissez-Faire Capitalist, Civil Libertarian (Don't have a link for this one -- just let people do as they do, so to speak)
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

NUMBER ONE ON KARINZISTAN'S NATION STATES LIST. HELLS YEAH.
Official recipient of Cu Math's "Let's Be Civil" Potato
How physicists I've met seem to function.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
"Thou shalt not kill" was broken throughout the whole damn Bible. Jainism and Buddhism hold true to that belief several times better than Christianity. Why should you respect your neighbor for no reason? "Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" is how it's been for a long time. What "creation" are we respecting?

Show proof, and creation is our environment, if we respect our environment maybe we wouldn't be falling into our global warming apocalypse.

Proof of what? Care for the environment once again is not something Christianity came up with. In fact, Cynics held the philosophy centuries before Jesus even lived.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Show proof, and creation is our environment, if we respect our environment maybe we wouldn't be falling into our global warming apocalypse.

Are you seriously going to postulate the idea that religions that predated Christianity by thousands of years didn't develop those ideas first?

But who created the people who postulated those ideas...God

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Where's the proof there, show us some proof.

Jain monks don't eat carrots. Know why? Because they have roots, therefore you would be killing the carrot. THAT'S how much they respect life. I'd say that defeats anything Jesus ever taught.

So, Jainist monks don't eat anything?

After all, by eating something, you've killed something. Besides, last I checked, Jesus wasn't into the whole killing thing.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Most religions are older AND more peaceful than most Abrahamic ones (except Judaism in antiquity)
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Renascibilitas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Renascibilitas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

Because all vegetables are root vegetables. :roll:
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

You've never heard of fruit?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Jerusalem and Damascus wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I like the cold actually. :(

Come to Alberta, it's bad there

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Then what do they eat as all vegetables are living, you can't survive on water

Fruit living too.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Genivaria wrote:I like the cold actually. :(

*blinks* I'm sorry to hear that.
I live in Texas, so I view snow and winter time like Rapunzel views the world outside her tower.

Fedeledland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:

No. It was a sperm cell and an ovary.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Caninope wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

So, Jainist monks don't eat anything?

After all, by eating something, you've killed something. Besides, last I checked, Jesus wasn't into the whole killing thing.

:palm: What the fuck is going on? Ignorance, ignorance everywhere.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Genivaria wrote:

*blinks* I'm sorry to hear that.
I live in Texas, so I view snow and winter time like Rapunzel views the world outside her tower.

Texas, Alberta's warm cousin

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Then what do they eat as all vegetables are living, you can't survive on water

And by eating fruit, they've prevented new life from forming. They've killed a little embryo (the seed).
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Fedeledland wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:But who created the people who postulated those ideas...God

No. It was a sperm cell and an ovary.

Created by... God

Renascibilitas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Renascibilitas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:

God must like contradictions. The morality of Hinduism and Jainism are completely incompatible with Christianity. How can they both be from the same source?
― Christopher Hitchens

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Image

Fruit living too.

Fruits aren't living. Fruits are simply growths of a plant meant to be eaten for seed dispersal.

Fedeledland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Image

Fruit living too.

No. The TREE and SEED are living but the fruit isn't. God.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Renascibilitas wrote:

Again. Proof or GTFO.

Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

I get the feeling that the gracious author of this thread was really hoping to pick a fight...
big chungus, small among us

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General