NATION

PASSWORD

Horse meat, your opinion!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you LOVE horse meat?

yes, of course darling
13%
no, a horse is a car, and I don't eat cars
8%
no, a horse is a friend, and I don't eat friends
20%
yes, a horse is just a walking sausage
17%
I don't care about fucking horse
30%
I eat eggs
12%

Total votes : 130

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Ifreann wrote:Never had it. Bastards are too fast, and the men on their back don't approve of my chasing them.

Kill both, consume both.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Alimeria II
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria II » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Unilisia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Never had it. Bastards are too fast, and the men on their back don't approve of my chasing them.

Kill both, consume both.

I'm going to have to sig that
I would like it if you called me Ali, but Alimeria works to a certain extent. (IE Roleplays)
Only Steampunk Country to use Bullpup rifles
Unilisia wrote:
Kill both, consume both.
Nation's Name: The Grand Monarchy of Alimeria (Pretty much the same except without Roman Numerals)
Tech Level: Steampunk

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Unilisia wrote:

Kill both, consume both.

Note to self, carry a weapon if I see someone licking their lips when I ride.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Around here, well tenderized. :D
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Maroza wrote:
Unilisia wrote:

Kill both, consume both.

Note to self, carry a weapon if I see someone licking their lips when I ride.

I go for shots that kill instantly. Incapacitation is dangerous.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:00 pm

It's great, especially raw.

Big Jim P wrote:Around here, well tenderized. :D

:clap: Well played sir, well played!
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Would you eat a dog?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Cill Charthaigh
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cill Charthaigh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Eating a horse is like eating Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy. Both would make me equally sad.
According to OnTheIssues, I'm a moderate libertarian.
Political Compass - Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

Cill Charthaigh is currently in the year 1984, beginning in the year 1968. On the 2nd of every month, Cill Charthaigh advances by one year.

"Cill Charthaigh I love you. Show us the light, LORD AND SAVIOR" - NSG

please guys give me some love hmmmbbbbb

Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?

AT LAST I HAVE RETURNED FROM MY TRAVELS TO REDDIT. I return reformed!

Vousielle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Vousielle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 pm

AETEN II wrote:Would you eat a dog?

Definitely if it was put in front of me, probably if I had the opportunity to do so.
I LIVE AGAIN

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm

That sounds utterly disgusting. Horses are for riding and animals for carrying stuff. Not to cut open, roast over a fire, and eat!
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Cill Charthaigh wrote:Eating a horse is like eating Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy.

Hm, I would have imagined eating them would be like eating horse with a side order of magic mushrooms.

On topic: never had horse. Heard it's rather tough, which doesn't give me much inclination to try.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm

The fact that I raise miniature horses should answer this for me.
But for those of you who want a straight answer: HELLZ NAW.
Horses are too smart to eat, IMO.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I suppose I might eat it if I had to. But horses are much more useful than just as food sources.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Isolated China wrote:That sounds utterly disgusting. Horses are for riding and animals for carrying stuff. Not to cut open, roast over a fire, and eat!

Whut? No one really cares what they are "for."
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm

AETEN II wrote:Would you eat a dog?

it was better than horse.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Isolated China wrote:That sounds utterly disgusting. Horses are for riding and animals for carrying stuff. Not to cut open, roast over a fire, and eat!

I think he's got the same perspective that I do- you can use horses for things that aren't eating, unlike, say, a Holstein steer.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Orussia wrote:...

Pigs are smarter.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:I suppose I might eat it if I had to. But horses are much more useful than just as food sources.

Well, I guess that's true even today if one can't afford motor vehicles, but those seem to have displaced horses even in relatively poor countries.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:I suppose I might eat it if I had to. But horses are much more useful than just as food sources.

Well, I guess that's true even today if one can't afford motor vehicles, but those seem to have displaced horses even in relatively poor countries.

You can't easily pull a plow with a Ford Focus. And horses don't need gasoline- only grass (or hay) and water.
Last edited by Neo Arcad on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

I think he's got the same perspective that I do- you can use horses for things that aren't eating, unlike, say, a Holstein steer.

I understand this, but in other cultures they may be used for both riding and eating. That's no reason to say, "They are for this and only this task, because it is so in MY culture!"

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:

I understand this, but in other cultures they may be used for both riding and eating. That's no reason to say, "They are for this and only this task, because it is so in MY culture!"

Well, yeah. Like I said before, I'd eat it if I was hungry without any qualms, but I'd eat the less-useful animals first.

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Orussia wrote:...

Pigs are smarter.

Sez wut? I work with my horses every day, and I can say FOR SURE that they're smarter than any damn pig out there.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Orussia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:
Pigs are smarter.

Sez wut? I work with my horses every day, and I can say FOR SURE that they're smarter than any damn pig out there.

Really? You're using anecdotes? Let's use real facts here... Pigs are the smartest domesticated animal. They have intelligence comparable to primates. So please, NEVER argue that intelligence is a factor in your dietary choices until you stop eating animals that are smarter than the ones you refuse to eat.

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Looks like many people don't give a damn about horses.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Not bad. Not the best, but not bad, either. I'm kind of indifferent to it. If it's served I'll eat it, but I wouldn't order it at a restaurant or anything.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General