NATION

PASSWORD

Education: Solution

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Education: Solution

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Okay yesterday I watched Waiting for Superman, the charter school advertisement if you're unaware, and it has inspired me to write this topic.

It strikes me that the US system is rotten to the very core. From the bottom up, the rot starts so early that the people who should be able to kill it cannot. I also think that it is apparent that said people are surrounded by needless bureaucracy which helps the rot live. As such the "rot killers" have very limited options and have to resort to closing schools.

Now the two problems seem to be tenure and the unions. The Unions are fine but not in conjunction with tenure. What needs to happen is that tenure becomes difficult to obtain or stops existing. Merit based pay I disgaree with, but tenure needs to be reformed.

Also the system is needlessly complicated. All Funding should come from one source and one source only, either the State or the Federal Government, but not both. The curriculum needs to be reigned in; preferably a nationwide curriculum that is so huge states have plenty to choose from.

I must also ask if there is an equivalent of the Education Review Office. If not, there needs to be one.

I now turn to NZ. We also have a few problems with our system. More if you dislike NCEA. Correcting these is difficult and charter schools is not the way to go.

So, NSG, what would you do to fix education in a country or countries of your choice?
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Daranicuss
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Daranicuss » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I would raise the pay of the teachers to the level of doctors and lawyers because lets face it they have very important jobs. I think also if you increased the prowess of teaching then better skilled workers would actually want to become teachers and aspire to be them therefore getting teachers who want to be there, are very qualified and are on good pay. Dunno probably completely wrong, I'm no expert by any means.
Last edited by Daranicuss on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I've seen the same film, and all I have to say is: don't believe everything you hear.
I don't think Unions are the problem here.
Last edited by Genivaria on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Just kill all the smart people.

Pol Pot was right.

The Alchemists Guild
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alchemists Guild » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Daranicuss wrote:I would raise the pay of the teachers to the level of doctors and lawyers because lets face it they have very important jobs. I think also if you increased the prowess of teaching then better skilled workers would actually want to become teachers and aspire to be them therefore getting teachers who want to be there, are very qualified and are on good pay. Dunno probably completely wrong, I'm no expert by any means.

This would also mean that children believe in the value of qualifications as they have a qualified well paid adult to aspire to right there in the classroom.
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... The Alchemists Guild!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 pm

without a reasonable amount of job security why would anyone go into teaching?
whatever

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Genivaria wrote:I've seen the same film, and all I have to say is: don't believe everything you hear.
I don't think Unions are the problem here.

It's not the unions, it is the unions in conjunction with tenure.

Ashmoria wrote:without a reasonable amount of job security why would anyone go into teaching?

You should not have job security when you are incompetent.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

*sighs* Here we go again.

Tenure for lower education teachers is not 'automatic', and in a growing number of states, it's not given at all. Tenure also doesn't mean "cannot be fired", it means that teachers cannot be fired at will, you actually have to show cause for this. The system of course is old, but it does have a good reason beyond the now antiquated notion of giving unmarried women job security, teachers simply cannot be fired for teaching things that local people dislike, like evolution.

As for the funding and curriculum bit, federal funding actually doesn't make up all that much of most schools. Federal funding accounts for about 8% of where schools get their money. The lion's share comes from the states. Given how education is left to the states under the US Constitution and given that the US is not NZ, it's highly unlikely that a national curriculum would ever be, or ever could be, adopted.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Anti-Obamaland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Obamaland » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Forsher wrote:Okay yesterday I watched Waiting for Superman, the charter school advertisement if you're unaware, and it has inspired me to write this topic.

It strikes me that the US system is rotten to the very core. From the bottom up, the rot starts so early that the people who should be able to kill it cannot. I also think that it is apparent that said people are surrounded by needless bureaucracy which helps the rot live. As such the "rot killers" have very limited options and have to resort to closing schools.

Now the two problems seem to be tenure and the unions. The Unions are fine but not in conjunction with tenure. What needs to happen is that tenure becomes difficult to obtain or stops existing. Merit based pay I disgaree with, but tenure needs to be reformed.

Also the system is needlessly complicated. All Funding should come from one source and one source only, either the State or the Federal Government, but not both. The curriculum needs to be reigned in; preferably a nationwide curriculum that is so huge states have plenty to choose from.

I must also ask if there is an equivalent of the Education Review Office. If not, there needs to be one.

I now turn to NZ. We also have a few problems with our system. More if you dislike NCEA. Correcting these is difficult and charter schools is not the way to go.

So, NSG, what would you do to fix education in a country or countries of your choice?

You've been brainwashed.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm

*Ignores the troll*
I like NCEA, and had no problems with it when I was at school, and pity those that will have to labour under national standards. Charter schools is a flawed concept, but by all means let the government set up charter schools, that can then be shunned for private schools (including the religious ones).
Last edited by New Rogernomics on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Is it crazy to think that some people want the same type of gap in education as there currently is in wealth? Real question.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Desperate Measures wrote:Is it crazy to think that some people want the same type of gap in education as there currently is in wealth? Real question.
Standardizing the quality of education is a crazy idea I agree. The best schools shouldn't have to lower quality standards, and the worst schools shouldn't have to attempt to meet quality standards they couldn't ever meet due to funding shortfalls, as a result of low student numbers or the lower income of the area.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:06 pm

NERVUN wrote:*sighs* Here we go again.

Tenure for lower education teachers is not 'automatic', and in a growing number of states, it's not given at all. Tenure also doesn't mean "cannot be fired", it means that teachers cannot be fired at will, you actually have to show cause for this. The system of course is old, but it does have a good reason beyond the now antiquated notion of giving unmarried women job security, teachers simply cannot be fired for teaching things that local people dislike, like evolution.

This is good news all round. Ah, a problem I somehow (okay, very easily) neglected to identify. I think Unions should be able to provide job security. If Waiting For Superman is to be believed, the process of proving that teachers should be fired needs streamling.

NERVUN wrote:As for the funding and curriculum bit, federal funding actually doesn't make up all that much of most schools. Federal funding accounts for about 8% of where schools get their money. The lion's share comes from the states. Given how education is left to the states under the US Constitution and given that the US is not NZ, it's highly unlikely that a national curriculum would ever be, or ever could be, adopted.

Okay, it makes more sense for the States to provide all the funding. Do you know how funds are allocated?

National Curriculum is perhaps worth a try. I do not intend a rigid one, but instead a flexible one.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 pm

New Rogernomics wrote:*Ignores the troll*
I like NCEA, and had no problems with it when I was at school, and pity those that will have to labour under national standards. Charter schools is a flawed concept, but by all means let the government set up charter schools, that can then be shunned for private schools (including the religious ones).

I also like NCEA, although there are flaws, sometimes quite gaping. Funny the use of labour. My problem with charter schools is that any student who doesn't want to learn will not learn and changing the type of school will not help with that type of student..

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Daranicuss wrote:I would raise the pay of the teachers to the level of doctors and lawyers because lets face it they have very important jobs. I think also if you increased the prowess of teaching then better skilled workers would actually want to become teachers and aspire to be them therefore getting teachers who want to be there, are very qualified and are on good pay. Dunno probably completely wrong, I'm no expert by any means.

I would say we can't afford to make huge increases in teacher salary. Not without dramatic changes in the structure of education, and I don't see how we can afford to do that, either.

Doctors kinda have to be paid a lot in order for it to be worth it, with the risk of malpractice suits (or, really, the high cost of malpractice insurance, which is as necessary for them as health insurance is for everybody else), the high level of training required to not screw up, and the typical working hours; [some] lawyers get paid a lot because they're involved with very high-value cases, although the median lawyer's salary isn't actually so different from a teacher's. It just so happens that the big shots ... well, make it big.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Forsher wrote:
New Rogernomics wrote:*Ignores the troll*

I also like NCEA, although there are flaws, sometimes quite gaping. Funny the use of labour. My problem with charter schools is that any student who doesn't want to learn will not learn and changing the type of school will not help with that type of student..

However, sometimes the change in environment will make them want to learn.

I feel like charter schools are overall not a bad idea, provided you keep closing down the ones that don't work. It's a sort of natural laboratory.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Forsher wrote:

However, sometimes the change in environment will make them want to learn.

I feel like charter schools are overall not a bad idea, provided you keep closing down the ones that don't work. It's a sort of natural laboratory.

Except that charter schools aren't held to anything like the strict standards of public schools. The way schools and teachers are evaluated is out of whack. Charters schools only 'work' by accepting the students they want (as opposed to public schools, which have to accept all students in an attendance area), threatening to kick them out if they cause trouble, and then teaching narrowly so students can 'pass' state assessments so they can get more money.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Anti-Obamaland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Obamaland » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Tahar Joblis wrote:
Except that charter schools aren't held to anything like the strict standards of public schools. The way schools and teachers are evaluated is out of whack. Charters schools only 'work' by accepting the students they want (as opposed to public schools, which have to accept all students in an attendance area), threatening to kick them out if they cause trouble, and then teaching narrowly so students can 'pass' state assessments so they can get more money.

Charter schools in Florida continually make Fs on the state standardized testing required each year. Now we find out in Florida that many of the legislators who are writing charter school law are also setting up charter schools to compete with public schools all the while making succcess within the public system harder to accomplish based on funding and the raising of standards that many students cannot attain.

Anti-Obamaland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Obamaland » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Tahar Joblis wrote:

I would say we can't afford to make huge increases in teacher salary. Not without dramatic changes in the structure of education, and I don't see how we can afford to do that, either.

Doctors kinda have to be paid a lot in order for it to be worth it, with the risk of malpractice suits (or, really, the high cost of malpractice insurance, which is as necessary for them as health insurance is for everybody else), the high level of training required to not screw up, and the typical working hours; [some] lawyers get paid a lot because they're involved with very high-value cases, although the median lawyer's salary isn't actually so different from a teacher's. It just so happens that the big shots ... well, make it big.

If you pay teachers a decent salary, you will be able to attract people who are worthy of that salary and at the intelligence level of the doctors you say so deserve their higher salary.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Forsher wrote:Okay yesterday I watched Waiting for Superman, the charter school advertisement if you're unaware, and it has inspired me to write this topic.

Unions are quite neccisary for teaching and teachers. It protects them from hostile federal and state cuts in education. I am quite a conservative but is apparent that some teachers DO need to be cut. it is really up to the school to see the work ethic of the teachers they hire.

Federal Government should not interfere with schools. Schools should be individualized to meet community standards.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Here is how you fix education:
1. Make class sizes smaller
2. Give local communities more power over their education system
3. Create a homework system that allows kids to not do their homework if they can prove they understand the material. (Homework is supposed to be about practice, and if the kid knows the material, then why force them to practice?)
4. Give kids more power over their school. I am talking about student representatives elected by their peers who have GENUINE power over their education. They would get to represent what they want, negotiate for better conditions, and learn lessons in negotiation, politics, etc.
5. Make schools less like prisons. Hold classes outside when it is warm out. Allow gum chewing as long as it doesn't distract anyone. Don't punish everybody when certain people misbehave. Give more rights to the kids. Allow for dissent against school policy, and ENCOURAGE protests and action against it. The current school system tends to make everybody afraid of speaking out against abuses of power by school officials, and when the school encourages creativity, they usually advocate "coloring in the lines" type creativity.
6. Give rewards for good behavior and grades. Not money, but increased privileges, and extra days off if you can prove that you understand everything. Give kids a test at the beginning of the year in each class that has all the content covered in the year. If they pass it, they are given the choice of skipping the class and having more free time added to their day, or going to an advanced class that gives you increased privileges while at school.
7. Make the day start later. It has been proven that adolescents need at least 12 hours of sleep, and that the teenage body is adjusted to go to bed at around 12 and sleep to noon. If the schoolday is adjusted to those dimensions, kids will have more energy to listen and understand and work on what they are being taught.
8. Give responsibilities to the teachers. Instead of having the kids be told "here is your book you are expected to know everything inside of it by the end of the unit" have the teachers tell the kids "Here is your book, I am your teacher, and I am responsible to teach you what is inside. If I don't, then I have failed.
9. No more tenure, except for teachers who have served with little or no objections from students, parents, and teachers for 10 years.
An explanation of the two party system in the US: Heads they win (republicans, the conservative corporate sellouts), Tails we (the people) lose (to the liberal corporate sell outs)
I am against war created by state. I am an anarcho-mutualist

Proud player of the great game of rugby!

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Ravineworld wrote:Here is how you fix education:
3. Create a homework system that allows kids to not do their homework if they can prove they understand the material. (Homework is supposed to be about practice, and if the kid knows the material, then why force them to practice?)
4. Give kids more power over their school. I am talking about student representatives elected by their peers who have GENUINE power over their education. They would get to represent what they want, negotiate for better conditions, and learn lessons in negotiation, politics, etc.
5. Make schools less like prisons. Hold classes outside when it is warm out. Allow gum chewing as long as it doesn't distract anyone. Don't punish everybody when certain people misbehave. Give more rights to the kids. Allow for dissent against school policy, and ENCOURAGE protests and action against it. The current school system tends to make everybody afraid of speaking out against abuses of power by school officials, and when the school encourages creativity, they usually advocate "coloring in the lines" type creativity.
6. Give rewards for good behavior and grades. Not money, but increased privileges, and extra days off if you can prove that you understand everything. Give kids a test at the beginning of the year in each class that has all the content covered in the year. If they pass it, they are given the choice of skipping the class and having more free time added to their day, or going to an advanced class that gives you increased privileges while at school.
7. Make the day start later. It has been proven that adolescents need at least 12 hours of sleep, and that the teenage body is adjusted to go to bed at around 12 and sleep to noon. If the schoolday is adjusted to those dimensions, kids will have more energy to listen and understand and work on what they are being taught.
8. Give responsibilities to the teachers. Instead of having the kids be told "here is your book you are expected to know everything inside of it by the end of the unit" have the teachers tell the kids "Here is your book, I am your teacher, and I am responsible to teach you what is inside. If I don't, then I have failed.
9. No more tenure, except for teachers who have served with little or no objections from students, parents, and teachers for 10 years.

1: Yeah, sure.
2: NO. That would lead to certain areas having people leave schools as brainwashed fundamentalists.
3: Sure.
4: No.
5: A bit.
6: No.
7: I recently saw a news story saying the opposite, that many of the best performing students got 6-8. The body that stayed up late will naturally wake up around noon.
8: Never experienced anything like that.
9: Sure.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Ravineworld wrote:Here is how you fix education:

1: Yeah, sure.
2: NO. That would lead to certain areas having people leave schools as brainwashed fundamentalists.
3: Sure.
4: No.
5: A bit.
6: No.
7: I recently saw a news story saying the opposite, that many of the best performing students got 6-8. The body that stayed up late will naturally wake up around noon.
8: Never experienced anything like that.
9: Sure.

Can you explain why?
An explanation of the two party system in the US: Heads they win (republicans, the conservative corporate sellouts), Tails we (the people) lose (to the liberal corporate sell outs)
I am against war created by state. I am an anarcho-mutualist

Proud player of the great game of rugby!

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 pm

In University people work very hard for tenure. I think public school professors in the US deserve more, not less.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Disserbia wrote:In University people work very hard for tenure. I think public school professors in the US deserve more, not less.

Deserve more? I'm a little confused sorry.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General