NATION

PASSWORD

Spain offers discussions with Britain about Gibraltar

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 am

Having been there, they might as well fucking have it. It's like Blackpool-on-Med, and they give you monopoly money in return for Sterling.
Technically a Polanski.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 am

Yootwopia wrote:Having been there, they might as well fucking have it. It's like Blackpool-on-Med, and they give you monopoly money in return for Sterling.

Banks there can exchange it for sterling. And they have sterling only dispensing ATM's.
Such heroic nonsense!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 am

Tekania wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:Having been there, they might as well fucking have it. It's like Blackpool-on-Med, and they give you monopoly money in return for Sterling.

Banks there can exchange it for sterling.

Assume you're only there for a day due to a collosally misguided excursion from your nice villa in the foothills of Andalucia, you've all been in the car for hours and you're only really interested in seeing the monkeys (which are err just like monkeys, and thus basically like people who are a bit angry and thick), and have not picked up on this fact.

It's full of fat people from the Midlands, and so should probably be destroyed from orbit.
Technically a Polanski.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:41 am

Yootwopia wrote:
Tekania wrote:
Banks there can exchange it for sterling.

Assume you're only there for a day due to a collosally misguided excursion from your nice villa in the foothills of Andalucia, you've all been in the car for hours and you're only really interested in seeing the monkeys (which are err just like monkeys, and thus basically like people who are a bit angry and thick), and have not picked up on this fact.

It's full of fat people from the Midlands, and so should probably be destroyed from orbit.

I quite enjoyed it, and there is a far more to see than monkeys. The old tunneled fortifications are very interesting (as are the new ones further down; the place is almost the UK's NORAD with the type of tunnels the UK military put in, could drive a semi-truck into one of them), there is a lovely natural cave there as well.
Such heroic nonsense!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 am

Tekania wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:Assume you're only there for a day due to a collosally misguided excursion from your nice villa in the foothills of Andalucia, you've all been in the car for hours and you're only really interested in seeing the monkeys (which are err just like monkeys, and thus basically like people who are a bit angry and thick), and have not picked up on this fact.

I quite enjoyed it, and there is a far more to see than monkeys. The old tunneled fortifications are very interesting (as are the new ones further down; the place is almost the UK's NORAD with the type of tunnels the UK military put in, could drive a semi-truck into one of them), there is a lovely natural cave there as well.

Yeah, great, caves and a fort. It's like the Lake District with sweaty locals.
Technically a Polanski.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:47 am

Yootwopia wrote:
Tekania wrote:

Yeah, great, caves and a fort. It's like the Lake District with sweaty locals.

The fortifications are actually tunneled into the rock... it's quite fascinating really.
Such heroic nonsense!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 am

Tekania wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:Yeah, great, caves and a fort. It's like the Lake District with sweaty locals.

The fortifications are actually tunneled into the rock... it's quite fascinating really.

Boring: See Civil Engineering.
Technically a Polanski.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:30 am

Yootwopia wrote:
Tekania wrote:

Boring: See Civil Engineering.

To each his own I guess... I personally found it interesting. Especially the tour I took with some shipmates headed by the Royal Marines of the newer tunnels.
Such heroic nonsense!

Aethelstania
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethelstania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:42 am

Keep Gibraltar British! I don't know why people are saying its not that great! Its England in paradise what is not to like ?

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 am

Aethelstania wrote:Keep Gibraltar British! I don't know why people are saying its not that great! Its England in paradise what is not to like ?

The 'England' part.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 am

Cosmopoles wrote:
Aethelstania wrote:Keep Gibraltar British! I don't know why people are saying its not that great! Its England in paradise what is not to like ?

The 'England' part.

It's okay, they're only English in-so-far as they kept the best parts. A lot of Mediterranean there as well making it a lovely blend.
Such heroic nonsense!

Aethelstania
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethelstania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 am

Tekania wrote:
Cosmopoles wrote:
The 'England' part.

It's okay, they're only English in-so-far as they kept the best parts. A lot of Mediterranean there as well making it a lovely blend.

Their you go !!! lovely vibes !!

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:42 am

Its a rock so how can it be a paradise.

Following a photo of the British Virgin Islands which is paradise.

And if you want an England then go to Barbados which is called the Little England.

Last edited by Rio Cana on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Grand Britaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Grand Britaria » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

They should just leave it be. Gibraltar belongs to Britain and has done for quite a while now. We don't ask for our old colonies back, and it's hardly hurting them by not owning a small region of land.
Pro: Social democracy, LGBT rights, soft drug decriminalisation, European Union, UK Green Parties, green politics, direct democracy, UK Labour Party, proportional representation

Against: Fascism, authoritarianism, non-secular states, censorship, mass surveillance, Euroscepticism, UKIP, UK Conservatives, US Republicans, racism/prejudice/discrimination, British political system, Neo-liberalism

West Failure
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby West Failure » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am

Looking at the picture of Gomera that the Archregimancy posted, I could very happily live there.
Yootwopia wrote:
Folder Land wrote:But why do religious conservatives have more power in the States but not so much power in the UK that still has a state church?

Because our country is better than yours.

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 am

The English.
Technically a Polanski.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Yootwopia wrote:

The English.

Well, then you'll like Gibraltar... it's like England without all the English.
Such heroic nonsense!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Aethelstania wrote:
Tekania wrote:

Their you go !!! lovely vibes !!

The only lovely vibes in Gibraltar are sold in the massive Ann Summers...
Technically a Polanski.

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Good Old Money wrote:
I think Spain would win, but good old England, and Chamakh and Morocco might put a fight.

There won't be a war because of this.

NiS said "football tournament".

Now that's ridiculous as well, but if we were offered that, it'd be stupid to not accept considering how good the national team is.
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Alterrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterrea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Vetalia wrote:Hell no, if Spain ends up getting Gibraltar the Nazis can just roll on in and close off the Mediterranean.

Panzer General! :clap:
The Community of Alterrea's Mission to the World Assembly

OOC: Be patient, English is not my mother-tongue. I'm learning.
If you find errors in my comments, please tell me.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Serrland wrote:
Minnysota wrote:
Factor in that France is significantly more powerful now than it was then.

Heh, that's what they said in '40 about '14, and in '14 about 1870...

Whatever. Keep underestimating France, I dare you.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Serrland wrote:
Heh, that's what they said in '40 about '14, and in '14 about 1870...

French soldiers and equipment are typically quite good. Their problem is their high command.

They need to start importing Corsicans again.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

French soldiers and equipment are typically quite good. Their problem is their high command.

They need to start importing Corsicans again.

Or Minnesotans. :D
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Why deciding who owns places with soccer tournaments is not the way forward. It should be a less competitive sport, like chess.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Keronians wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
There won't be a war because of this.

NiS said "football tournament".

Now that's ridiculous as well, but if we were offered that, it'd be stupid to not accept considering how good the national team is.

As I said, you're dealing with this as if football and war weren't the same thing. ;)
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General