NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Cromarty wrote:And barely a tenth of rapes are actually reported

What does any of this have to do with the topic?

It deals with Paul's classify some Rapes as honest and others dishonest, and now his fanboys are trying to justify the stupidity of that statement.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Lessnt
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Lessnt wrote:What does any of this have to do with the topic?

It deals with Paul's classify some Rapes as honest and others dishonest, and now his fanboys are trying to justify the stupidity of that statement.

If a 17 year old has sex with a 18 year old regardless of how the 17 year old feels even if she is a day away from turning 18 it is automatic rape.
It is honest in the way as it was agreed by both participants that they would be ok with having sex.
As opposed to only one participant wanting to do it and the other being incapable of saying no or they are indeed saying no which is more dishonest compared to a consensus.
I believe Ron Paul believes that there is no merit to there being an age of consent to a mostly mature independent human being.
Remember 18 was not always the age of consent.They increased it and now everyone is use to it.
Does this stop people from loving one another?
Nope and its tyranny for those people with an honest love.(or honest desire to have sex with one another)

If I am understanding this correctly.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

If a 17 year old has sex with a 18 year old regardless of how the 17 year old feels even if she is a day away from turning 18 it is automatic rape.
It is honest in the way as it was agreed by both participants that they would be ok with having sex.
As opposed to only one participant wanting to do it and the other being incapable of saying no or they are indeed saying no which is more dishonest compared to a consensus.
I believe Ron Paul believes that there is no merit to there being an age of consent to a mostly mature independent human being.
Remember 18 was not always the age of consent.They increased it and now everyone is use to it.
Nope and its tyranny for those people with an honest love.(or honest desire to have sex with one another)

Paul wasn't talk about the legality of the sex, but the legality of when abortion should be allowed for the rape. Thus, nothing is really related to government stopping love.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Who is Tom Joad?

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Lessnt wrote:If a 17 year old has sex with a 18 year old regardless of how the 17 year old feels even if she is a day away from turning 18 it is automatic rape.

Paul wasn't talk about the legality of the sex, but the legality of when abortion should be allowed for the rape. Thus, nothing is really related to government stopping love.

SO whats the big deal?
Let the states figure it out.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Lessnt wrote:SO whats the big deal?

What is the big deal about Paul trying to classify an entire segment of rape as not really being rape in order to better enforce his ideological fundamentalism?

Or about abortion, then the points relates to how this so-called "libertarian" and "individualist" completely disregards a group of people's personal liberties and constitutional rights only because they disagree with his religious fundamentalism.

Who is Tom Joad?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

SO whats the big deal?

The states have a very, very shitty track record on the subject.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Lessnt wrote:SO whats the big deal?

The states have a very, very shitty track record on the subject.

Well....people are always free to move to another state.
You have to leave the country to get away from the federal gov though.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:The states have a very, very shitty track record on the subject.

So? What is the difference as in both cases you have to leave your home? Also, with abortion if we respect it as a natural right of the women(which we currently are) there is no reason anyone would have to leave their state or country.

Who is Tom Joad?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:The states have a very, very shitty track record on the subject.

Not everyone, not by a long shot, has the assets to move to a new state. And with Ron Paul's "let the states be little dictatorships" attitude, moving from one state to another is in no way guaranteed to stay as relatively easy as it is now, should his plans ever be implemented.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 pm

I do not see how you cannot move to another state and have an abortion?
You do not need to live there.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Lessnt wrote:Well....people are always free to move to another state.

Not everyone, not by a long shot, has the assets to move to a new state. And with Ron Paul's "let the states be little dictatorships" attitude, moving from one state to another is in no way guaranteed to stay as relatively easy as it is now, should his plans ever be implemented.

Its guaranteed with the constitution of freedom of movement.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Lessnt wrote:I do not see how you cannot move to another state and have an abortion?

Abortion opposition tends to be regional. The odds of a neighboring state allowing it if you live in a state that banned it would be rather low. Nevermind that making people go out of state for any medical procedure is stupid in and of itself.

Lessnt wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Not everyone, not by a long shot, has the assets to move to a new state. And with Ron Paul's "let the states be little dictatorships" attitude, moving from one state to another is in no way guaranteed to stay as relatively easy as it is now, should his plans ever be implemented.

Its guaranteed with the constitution of freedom of movement.

What constitution of freedom of movement?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Lessnt wrote:I do not see how you cannot move to another state and have an abortion?

Abortion opposition tends to be regional. The odds of a neighboring state allowing it if you live in a state that banned it would be rather low. Nevermind that making people go out of state for any medical procedure is stupid in and of itself.

Lessnt wrote:Its guaranteed with the constitution of freedom of movement.

In the constitution(I do not remember the name of it)generally says that people are free to move from state to state.
I could try to find a out if you want.
THe idea behind it was that they wanted to make the states closer to one another and not isolate one another to help make a more perfect union and so on.
Last edited by Lessnt on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Abortion opposition tends to be regional. The odds of a neighboring state allowing it if you live in a state that banned it would be rather low. Nevermind that making people go out of state for any medical procedure is stupid in and of itself.

In the constitution(I do not remember the name of it)generally says that people are free to move from state to state.
THe idea behind it was that they wanted to make the states closer to one another and not isolate one another to help make a more perfect union and so on.

Even if that was in there, which it's not, Paul has showed a willingness to warp or even ignore the constitution whenever doing so suits his goals.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Lessnt wrote:In the constitution(I do not remember the name of it)generally says that people are free to move from state to state.

The constitution also allows abortion, so why doesn't Paul take his authoritarian ideology and sit on it. Along, with him stopping this charade that he is some type of proponent for small government.

Who is Tom Joad?

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Lessnt wrote:In the constitution(I do not remember the name of it)generally says that people are free to move from state to state.

The constitution also allows abortion, so why doesn't Paul take his authoritarian ideology and sit on it. Along, with him stopping this charade that he is some type of proponent for small government.

I do not remember anything about abortion being in the constitution can you point it out for me?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

I do not remember anything about abortion being in the constitution can you point it out for me?

Right after you point out freedom of movement.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

Here you can find the SCOTUS telling us how abortion is protected under the constitution.

Who is Tom Joad?

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
Lessnt wrote:I do not remember anything about abortion being in the constitution can you point it out for me?

Here you can find the SCOTUS telling us how abortion is protected under the constitution.

But has the supreme court ruled anything?

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Did you look at the link? Yes, the Supreme Court ruled states could not outlaw abortion.

Who is Tom Joad?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't click the link and/or don't know what SCOTUS stands for.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Lessnt wrote:But has the supreme court ruled anything?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't click the link and/or don't know what SCOTUS stands for.

Did not read all of it no.
Seems mostly reasonable.But honestly we still have the patriot act.
So where are we going with the constitution is my question.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Lessnt wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't click the link and/or don't know what SCOTUS stands for.

Did not read all of it no.
Seems mostly reasonable.But honestly we still have the patriot act.
So where are we going with the constitution is my question.

What does the Patriot Act have to do with abortion?

Who is Tom Joad?

Juristonia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Juristonia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Not a thing.
It's either a distraction from the actual topic or preparation for some serious goal post moving.
From the river to the sea

Ifreann wrote:Indeed, as far as I can recall only one poster has ever supported legalising bestiality, and he was fucking his cat and isn't welcome here any more, in no small part, I imagine, because he kept going on about how he was fucking his cat.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
GMS Greater Miami Shores 1 wrote:What do I always say about Politics?

something incoherent

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Juristonia wrote:Not a thing.
It's either a distraction from the actual topic or preparation for some serious goal post moving.

Mostly talking about the constitution and government.
Otherwise I do not agree with Ron paul on every issue.
I am more pro choice on this issue.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General