NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Ron Paul isn't a racist. But racist's do like him a lot.
An explanation of the two party system in the US: Heads they win (republicans, the conservative corporate sellouts), Tails we (the people) lose (to the liberal corporate sell outs)
I am against war created by state. I am an anarcho-mutualist

Proud player of the great game of rugby!

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Ravineworld wrote:Ron Paul isn't a racist. But racist's do like him a lot.

No he just allows racists to ghostwrite as him for profit, while at the same time hanging around with racist organization to establish a base of support and various other actions. But, no he is not racist or anything. There is more evidence that he is racist then there is of him being anti-big government.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Revolutopia wrote:

No he just allows racists to ghostwrite as him for profit, while at the same time hanging around with racist organization to establish a base of support and various other actions. But, no he is not racist or anything. There is more evidence that he is racist then there is of him being anti-big government.

You do realize that even if dear old Ronnie gave a speech denouncing Lincoln's legacy and calling for the return of slavery, these guys would still say he somehow wasn't racist?
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Allrule wrote:You do realize that even if dear old Ronnie gave a speech denouncing Lincoln's legacy and calling for the return of slavery, these guys would still say he somehow wasn't racist?

For the record, Ron Paul is already vocally anti-Lincoln, although he hasn't come out in favor of a return to slavery. It's apparently a necessity in the "States' Rights" crowd.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Allrule wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

You do realize that even if dear old Ronnie gave a speech denouncing Lincoln's legacy and calling for the return of slavery, these guys would still say he somehow wasn't racist?

It is really sad isn't it.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Who is Tom Joad?

Dondleslavia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dondleslavia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Ron Paul would not be welcome in Dondleslavia. Well, okay, he would be. But I would not be happy about it!

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Dondleslavia wrote:Ron Paul would not be welcome in Dondleslavia. Well, okay, he would be. But I would not be happy about it!

NSG is not an IC forum.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

RPJVAJRP
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby RPJVAJRP » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:08 pm

How in the world is Ron Paul even remotly rascist?

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 pm

RPJVAJRP wrote:How in the world is Ron Paul even remotly rascist?

He isn't rascist, he is racist. As seen in his newsletters and who he hangs out with.

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Racist newsletter, ties with white power groups, record of anti-civil rights voting.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Death Metal wrote:

Racist newsletter, ties with white power groups, record of anti-civil rights voting.

Illuminati Lizardmen propaganda, obviously. Really, it's sad how many sheeple are on this site. :roll: :roll:
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Revolutopia wrote:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_Paul
Just read some of those quotes, then read the "newsletters" quotes. The writing style is totally different, the way he talks is totally different, and his positions are totally different. I just am saying, after reading the two, you can't deny the fact that the way he talks is totally different. And even if he were a racist, if he stands up for himself and doesn't sell out, then I still respect.
An explanation of the two party system in the US: Heads they win (republicans, the conservative corporate sellouts), Tails we (the people) lose (to the liberal corporate sell outs)

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

Just read some of those quotes, then read the "newsletters" quotes. The writing style is totally different, the way he talks is totally different, and his positions are totally different. I just am saying, after reading the two, you can't deny the fact that the way he talks is totally different. And even if he were a racist, if he stands up for himself and doesn't sell out, then I still respect.

Note I said ghostwrite. The fact that he stands up for himself is vague and doesn't say anything, and if he is racist that means he stands up for racism. Also, how is his anti-civil rights act and pro-state rights(to the degree of big government) totally different.

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Ghostwritten, yes.

But he also reviewed them and actively allowed them to be published under his name, with his letterhead, with his signature.

He may as well have written it himself.

EDIT- And he did make millions off of these, so yeah, he did sell out.
Last edited by Death Metal on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 pm

And I sure as hell wouldn't want a suspected white supremacist sympathizer in the Oval Office, anyway.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 am

Even if he weren't, his policies are childish at best.

It's like he played SimCity one day and fancied himself a master politician and economist based on that alone.

Well, no. That's not fair. Because even in SimCity you can't run a government without taxes.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 am

Ravineworld wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:

Because 'standing up for yourself' is more important than how we treat people based on the colour of their skin?

You and I are going to have to disagree.
I identify as
a problem

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 am

Death Metal wrote:Even if he weren't, his policies are childish at best.

It's like he played SimCity one day and fancied himself a master politician and economist based on that alone.

Well, no. That's not fair. Because even in SimCity you can't run a government without taxes.

But you can run a government without taxes. If you privatize everything and basically let the states have their own governments, the fed can exist without taxes. Just look at alaska, they have no personal income tax, no sales tax, and the government pays several thousand dollars every year to the citizens of the state. So you are wrong

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 am

Ravineworld wrote:

But you can run a government without taxes. If you privatize everything and basically let the states have their own governments, the fed can exist without taxes. Just look at alaska, they have no personal income tax, no sales tax, and the government pays several thousand dollars every year to the citizens of the state. So you are wrong

Alaska? You mean the quazi fascist state of Alaska? The welfare state of alaska with several state owned companies?

How do they run their state without charging their people taxes? Well, besides the state owned companies Alaska gets back $1.84 for ever dollar it's people spend in taxes from the federal government. In other words they are making a huge profit on federal taxes.

A profit skimmed off taxation of individuals in other states.

"Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell announced Friday that every eligible man, woman and child will receive $2,069, thanks to dividend payments from the state’s oil royalty investment program distributed annually. On top of that, the checks will include another $1,200 from the state treasury to help offset soaring fuel prices."

I did not know libertarians considered the state controlling industry and distributing the proceeds to people to be a good idea.

If there was no federal income tax, Alaska would have to straighten up and learn some fiscal responsibility.
Did you see a ghost?

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 am

Natapoc wrote:
Ravineworld wrote:But you can run a government without taxes. If you privatize everything and basically let the states have their own governments, the fed can exist without taxes. Just look at alaska, they have no personal income tax, no sales tax, and the government pays several thousand dollars every year to the citizens of the state. So you are wrong

Alaska? You mean the quazi fascist state of Alaska? The welfare state of alaska with several state owned companies?

How do they run their state without charging their people taxes? Well, besides the state owned companies Alaska gets back $1.84 for ever dollar it's people spend in taxes from the federal government. In other words they are making a huge profit on federal taxes.

"Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell announced Friday that every eligible man, woman and child will receive $2,069, thanks to dividend payments from the state’s oil royalty investment program distributed annually. On top of that, the checks will include another $1,200 from the state treasury to help offset soaring fuel prices."

I did not know libertarians considered the state controlling industry and distributing the proceeds to people to be a good idea.

If there was no federal income tax, Alaska would have to straighten up and learn some fiscal responsibility.

Please give some sources.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 am

Ravineworld wrote:
Natapoc wrote:

Please give some sources.

Ask and you shall ... It's from 2008, of course, but that's what they do in Alaska, they redistribute wealth. All perfectly legitimate.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ravineworld wrote:Please give some sources.

Ask and you shall ... It's from 2008, of course, but that's what they do in Alaska, they redistribute wealth. All perfectly legitimate.

Ok, I was wrong on the alaska example. I'll have to do some more research and get back to you guys. Thanks for correcting me.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Ravineworld wrote:

Alaska is home to 8 people, and all of them are Polar Bears.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Ravineworld
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravineworld » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Ravineworld wrote:But you can run a government without taxes. If you privatize everything and basically let the states have their own governments, the fed can exist without taxes. Just look at alaska, they have no personal income tax, no sales tax, and the government pays several thousand dollars every year to the citizens of the state. So you are wrong

Alaska is home to 8 people, and all of them are Polar Bears.

That isn't true either. Alaska has several hundred thousand citizens.

Vengeful Daylight
Attaché

Founded: May 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vengeful Daylight » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Ravineworld wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Alaska is home to 8 people, and all of them are Polar Bears.

That isn't true either. Alaska has several hundred thousand citizens.

Sarcasm.
~ The Finest City of Angels on Earth ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General