NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't see that exactly, just that he wants to keep the SCOTUS from being able to declare State laws unconstitutional, and that Congress can override Federal decisions. In other words, tyranny of the states.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:03 am

Death Metal wrote:I don't see that exactly, just that he wants to keep the SCOTUS from being able to declare State laws unconstitutional, and that Congress can override Federal decisions. In other words, tyranny of the states.

If states have the authority to invade your privacy with impunity, then it cannot be said that you have a constitutionally protected right to privacy.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:56 pm

51st State of the Moon wrote:I have one question About Ronnie. Does he really want to cut every government institute besides the Main Government Branches and the Military?

He wants to cut those too. He just doesn't want to completely kill them off.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
51st State of the Moon wrote:I have one question About Ronnie. Does he really want to cut every government institute besides the Main Government Branches and the Military?

He wants to cut those too. He just doesn't want to completely kill them off.

Yet.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

New Conglomerate
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Conglomerate » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Death Metal wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:He wants to cut those too. He just doesn't want to completely kill them off.

Yet.

He probably wants to strengthen the national guard at the expense of our expeditionary branches.
Current WA Delegate of The NationStates Community.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 pm

New Conglomerate wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
Yet.

He probably wants to strengthen the national guard at the expense of our expeditionary branches.

And if we ever do need to resolve a conflict outside our borders, he'll let a PMC handle it. Because you know, that worked so well in Iraq.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Death Metal wrote:
New Conglomerate wrote:He probably wants to strengthen the national guard at the expense of our expeditionary branches.

And if we ever do need to resolve a conflict outside our borders, he'll let a PMC handle it. Because you know, that worked so well in Iraq.

I...highly doubt that. I'm reasonably certain (and I have no proof for this statement) Paul falls under the libertarian category that reserves the use of force to the government alone.
And after doing google searches for "Ron Paul" and four or five variations of PMCs, I can find nothing. *shrug*
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Try "Ron Paul Letters of Marque".

EDIT- Short version of what you'll find, Ron Paul supports the use of the Letters of Marque clause in the constitution that allows contractors to do combat operations for us. So it's not inconceivable that he would send a PMC to a war zone, but in active combat which they weren't allowed to do (officially) in Iraq.
Last edited by Death Metal on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 am

Death Metal wrote:I don't see that exactly, just that he wants to keep the SCOTUS from being able to declare State laws unconstitutional, and that Congress can override Federal decisions. In other words, tyranny of the states.

Interesting. Rick Perry had the same idea (or rather, whoever thinks of stuff for him to say had the same idea) - it was part of his proposed "improvements" to the Constitution, like repealing the Income Tax and ending popular election of Senators. Yeah! Gilded Age II, here we come! :o
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 pm

All I want is for Ron Paul and Obama to have a debate about foreign policy and civil liberties. Obama needs to be challenged on both of those issues, but other than those RP is completely out of touch.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

You are an anarcho-collectivistic.

Cosmopolitan 43%- Nationalistic
Secular 104% -Fundamentalist
Visionary 72%- Reactionary
Anarchistic 76%- Authoritarian
Communistic 34%- Capitalistic
Pacifist 47%- Militaristic
Ecological 16%- Anthropocentric

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Shadowlandistan wrote:All I want is for Ron Paul and Obama to have a debate about foreign policy and civil liberties. Obama needs to be challenged on both of those issues, but other than those RP is completely out of touch.

Ron Paul is not all that in touch in regards to foreign policy and civil liberties either.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Ron Paul doesn't want civil liberties, he just wants the states to be able to take away civil liberties.

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Death Metal wrote:Ron Paul doesn't want civil liberties, he just wants the states to be able to take away civil liberties.

Except where he explicitly states he wants civil liberties.

I'd say the state's rights is at least a small element of pandering, since with exception to abortion, he has strongly stated that he supports those civil liberties entirely, but you see him add in Republican debates "if states want it", whereas in interviews it tends to be outright.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:
Death Metal wrote:Ron Paul doesn't want civil liberties, he just wants the states to be able to take away civil liberties.

I'd say the state's rights is at least a small element of pandering, since with exception to abortion, he has strongly stated that he supports those civil liberties entirely, but you see him add in Republican debates "if states want it", whereas in interviews it tends to be outright.

Is that why he had a fit when the Supreme Court ruled Sodomy Laws unconstitutional or why he strongly supports DOMA?
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:01 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:

He says it maybe. But his actions show that those words are lies and deceit.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Revolutopia wrote:
The Merchant Republics wrote:Except where he explicitly states he wants civil liberties.

Is that why he had a fit when the Supreme Court ruled Sodomy Laws unconstitutional or why he strongly supports DOMA?

The Illuminati Lizardmen brainwashed him briefly to make him look like he was against freedom so their puppets would look better, obviously.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Albantross
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Albantross » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 pm

the spending of the military is not problem, the problem is we do not have a very good taxes base the american ppl are not working very good so how can ppl pay taxes when there jobs dont pay good money and the cost of living is high…Ron paul is stupid…if america stoped policing asia,,asia would fall to the biggest military power and who is that,( COMMUNIST CHINA ) and what did are great grandfather’s fight for in WWll stop japan form taking asia over and china will when the time is right

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:58 am

The economy wouldn't matter with Paul because he would try to completely eradicate national income tax completely. And default on our debt because his cuts, as overdramatic as they are, still won't be enough to keep us out of debt long enough to keep us from voting on the debt ceiling again.

But he can just pander with his "SOPA BAD! TAXES BAD! POT GOOD!" bullshit and his sheep will vote for him even though every single possible outcome of his economic plan will lead to utter ruin.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 am

Hey, even more interesting news about old Ronny's connection with groups with interesting ideas about race and everything. But, truly despite this and his newsletters Ron Paul is still not a racist or anything.

Who is Tom Joad?

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:37 am

Oh man. This made my fucking week.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 am

Revolutopia wrote:Hey, even more interesting news about old Ronny's connection with groups with interesting ideas about race and everything. But, truly despite this and his newsletters Ron Paul is still not a racist or anything.

It's sad how many people just complacently buy into the propaganda of the Illuminati Lizardmen. :(
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 am

Revolutopia wrote:Hey, even more interesting news about old Ronny's connection with groups with interesting ideas about race and everything. But, truly despite this and his newsletters Ron Paul is still not a racist or anything.

Good work anonymous! I'm really loving anon lately. If ron paul is still involved with these people directly then it needs to be exposed. Same with any other candidate.

This is the type of evidence that is needed. Ongoing affiliation by choice. Not decades old newsletters.
Did you see a ghost?

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Ahahahaa this is frickin' beautiful; something like this had to come out eventually.

The aPaulogists are so pissed about this, it's great! Found the link at /r/ronpaul, which is a godawful place where I also discovered that the guys who founded PayPal donated to Paul's political circus act. Af if PayPal wasn't terrible enough already.

I hope this sinks Ron Paul forever, but somehow, I doubt it. This should, at the very least, make people think twice about supporting this awful, awful man and his horrible policies.

Also, look at how goddamn clueless most of this is:
Any gangsta, who would like to get a decent job, Ron Paul is your only hope that minimum wage laws might be eliminated so that some businessman will give you a break and hire you at a low wage in an entry level position. Rather than your slinging dope and risking getting shot or jail time. You should vote for Ron Paul.
It's a damn injustice to all blacks when Reason, Cato, Ed Crane and WaPo fail to present the truth about a Ron Paul presidency and what it would mean for the black community. Ron Paul is the best thing that could happen to Black America, and these evil bastards know it.

Jesus.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 am

The Merchant Republics wrote:Except where he explicitly states he wants civil liberties.

he must have been pandering for a really, really long time then, since he's been proposing the "We the People Act" for years.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 pm

my son was telling me about this. OOPS its probably best not to expect anything to be private on tbe internet not even private messages and emails.

noooo RP is totally not a racist. how could he be? noooooooo
whatever

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General