NATION

PASSWORD

Types of communism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favorite type of communism?

Marxism
24%
Leninism
8%
Trotskyism
14%
Maoism
6%
Stalinism
5%
Castroism
3%
Anarcho-communism
30%
Council communism
6%
Hoxhaism
4%

Total votes : 79

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Types of communism

Postby Niur » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Fassitude wrote:
Niur wrote:
Fassitude wrote:This is sort of like asking me what my "favourite" type of diarrhoea would be. I'd rather not have the runs or communism, thank you very much.

then don't reply.

You do not grasp the concept of a discussion forum, do you? Of course not. Communists aren't big on dissent and objecting opinions. They're pesky, what with disturbing the communist delusions with facts and reality and all that actually sane jazz.

I'm just saying if you hate communism so much, why are you repliying on a topic clearly marked "communism"? I don't have anything against discussing with you, I am just honestly curious. Is that so wrong?
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:16 pm

3 Stalinists already? seriously? I though the only Stalinists left worked at revolution books in new york ;)

Can you explain why you think stalinism is the best of the mentioned types?

Are you guys just joking or do we have some serious authoritarian revolutionaries on this forum?
Did you see a ghost?

Massicut
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Massicut » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Kantanska wrote:I do not think that one man should be able to control over a nation however the State needs to control the Economy

I agree with this! My nation has adopted Mikeism. Named after me our leader and inventer of the concept. Hail Mikeism!~ :bow:
9,000,000 enlisted men. 100,000 officers. 2 Nuclear ICBM's
General Secretary Mob Rule
Defensive Readiness Level: green

Kantanska
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kantanska » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Brogavia wrote:
Kantanska wrote:I do not think that one man should be able to control over a nation however the State needs to control the Economy

Why?

And using logic, not emotion, please. No heartstrings hijacking.

As they say, Communists have hearts, Captialists have brains.

Because the heads of corperations are only interested in the bottom line. some one needs to protect the workers

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:18 pm

I think that Stalinism gets a bad rep because its named after Stalin.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Fassitude wrote:
Niur wrote:
Fassitude wrote:This is sort of like asking me what my "favourite" type of diarrhoea would be. I'd rather not have the runs or communism, thank you very much.

then don't reply.

You do not grasp the concept of a discussion forum, do you? Of course not. Communists aren't big on dissent and objecting opinions. They're pesky, what with disturbing the communist delusions with facts and reality and all that actually sane jazz.

Oh stop making stuff up ;) I love dissent. It is just the authoritarian communists who don't (same with authoritarian capitalists which are much more numerous). The rest of us fully support and encourage your right to complain as much as you want as long as you don't try to boss anyone else around ;)
Did you see a ghost?

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Niur wrote:I think that Stalinism gets a bad rep because its named after Stalin.

some people are so judgemental aren't they?

Kantanska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kantanska » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

That's True

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Niur wrote:
Fassitude wrote:
Niur wrote:

then don't reply.

I'm just saying if you hate communism so much, why are you repliying on a topic clearly marked "communism"? I don't have anything against discussing with you, I am just honestly curious. Is that so wrong?

Because he is trying to show you the truth.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Fassitude
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fassitude » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:you shall be overthrown with the rest of the bourgeoisie overlords. in a peaceful manner as marx intended.

And you shall fail in your endeavours. Again. As history's proved.

Kantanska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kantanska » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Fassitude wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:you shall be overthrown with the rest of the bourgeoisie overlords. in a peaceful manner as marx intended.

Why will we fail?

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Fassitude wrote:

eh that was the wrong countries, it was meant to be in the Wealthy Western countries not the poorer Eastern ones.
we'l do better this time don't worry. ;)

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Fassitude wrote:
Niur wrote:

then don't reply.

Oh stop making stuff up ;) I love dissent. It is just the authoritarian communists who don't (same with authoritarian capitalists which are much more numerous). The rest of us fully support and encourage your right to complain as much as you want as long as you don't try to boss anyone else around ;)

Communism is only sustainable through mass state oppression and micro managing its citizens lives.

Otherwise it would fall apart very rapidly.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Berzerkirs
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Berzerkirs » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Types of Communism, eh?

*cough*Feudalism*cough*

:lol:
We RP as Kiojin.
Quotes and Such
"If you're under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

Manahakatouki wrote:
Berzerkirs wrote:The Incan god of the moon jizzed on the earth, and so sprouted the grass and various other plants.
True story. ;)

I was there...I told him to freakin' clean it up...He refused, peeing thus on some of his jizz...These my friends are dandelions...

^That was for you WWIIHG! <3

Member of CoD [Council of Dictators]

"You laughed, therefore I'm right."-Berz

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:23 pm

I live in a capitolist country, and I know this is not the "Truth". Theres homeless people begging for money on every corner, these people werent born this way, they were layed off because companies, "don't" have emotions, they are cruel, heartless, conglomerates that only care about money.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:23 pm

This poll is incredibly depressing. The first post was even worse.

"I like Stalin because he didn't care who died under his regime! Also he's cool because someone needs to protect the workers!!!"
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Kantanska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kantanska » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Niur wrote:I live in a capitolist country, and I know this is not the "Truth". Theres homeless people begging for money on every corner, these people werent born this way, they were layed off because companies, "don't" have emotions, they are cruel, heartless, conglomerates that only care about money.

Capitalism will never work Communism is the only way

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Tubbsalot wrote:This poll is incredibly depressing.

how so?

Mackedamia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mackedamia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Marxisim for the pure fact that it was meant for the better good of the people(however, I believe in regulated capitalisim)
For The Good Of The Fellow Human!

Neu Leonstein
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Leonstein » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Kantanska wrote:Because the heads of corperations are only interested in the bottom line. some one needs to protect the workers

You do realise that Stalinism was tried, and it turned out that the state wasn't particularly interested in the wellbeing of the workers, right?

I mean, Stalinism was a horrid system by just about any criterion someone on the left (and indeed, most on the right) usually cares about: it didn't improve inequality, it didn't improve welfare, it absolutely fucked up the environment, it was unfree to the extreme and made extensive use of slave labour and what economic growth it produced was squandered on guns.
“Every age and generation must be as free to act for itself in all cases as the age and generations which preceded it. The vanity and presumption of governing beyond the grave is the most ridiculous and insolent of all tyrannies. Man has no property in man; neither has any generation a property in the generations which are to follow.”
~ Thomas Paine

Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
Time zone: GMT+10 (Melbourne), working full time.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Brogavia wrote:
Communism is only sustainable through mass state oppression and micro managing its citizens lives.

Otherwise it would fall apart very rapidly.

Why do you say that? Under anarcho communism there would not even be a state to oppress "citizens" and the whole concept of a "citizen" would not even really exist. How would that be oppressive? I would agree with you on some forms of communism but even many forms of communism that have a state are at least as democratic as modern capitalist liberal democracies.

I agree that state oppression is bad but that is true no matter the economic model of the country don't you think?
Did you see a ghost?

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Kantanska wrote:
Niur wrote:I live in a capitolist country, and I know this is not the "Truth". Theres homeless people begging for money on every corner, these people werent born this way, they were layed off because companies, "don't" have emotions, they are cruel, heartless, conglomerates that only care about money.

Capitalism will never work Communism is the only way

this is what i am trying to say, capitolism doesnt care about the people, it only sees them as money.

Fassitude
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fassitude » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Niur wrote:I'm just saying if you hate communism so much, why are you repliying on a topic clearly marked "communism"?

You've answered your own question. Also, mainly because you created a thread where you've deliberately tried to exclude people who don't like communism - thus making it even more pertinent for those who don't to post. You may have thought by omitting the "I don't like any type of communism" poll option that that would silence us who don't. Nope.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Kantanska wrote:Capitalism will never work Communism is the only way

You make but a small mistake: Capitalism *is* working. :lol2:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Niur wrote:
Tubbsalot wrote:This poll is incredibly depressing.

how so?

i guess that guy feels sad, shame really Marxism is such a great idea. would cheer him/her right up if they knew more about it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General