NATION

PASSWORD

Herman Cain drops out of presidential race

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:09 am

Voerdeland wrote:
Cassadaigua wrote:
Character is extremely important and should always play a role. A person of bad character simply cannot be trusted to have this role and act appropriately when the camera isn't in front of them.

Because only evil people have extramarital affairs...

only evil people would bang on about family and christian values being the only moral way to live whilst conducting a 12 year affair.
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Kommandoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kommandoria » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 am

Herman Cain seemed like a terrible candidate to begin with (at least, in my opinion). BUT, the straw that broke the camel's back was when he was asked the following question during an interview...

Do you believe that China is a military threat to the United States?

To which he responded...

Eh, yes I do believe they are a military threat. They have been working on a nuclear program and may have nuclear weapons.

Yeahhh they've kinda had a nuclear program since the 60's.... :palm:
"I will scorch the very grass from your land in a blaze of glory.
I will salt the soil and destroy all hope of recovery.
I will make your nation into a desolate wasteland, a hellish desert of despair.
I will end you, and your very name will be lost from history
."
--The Most High Royal Kyzar, Leonardo de Vespucci XVI

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Hippostania wrote:This is a sad day. Herman Cain was the best presidential candidate after Mitt Romney. He had the courage and guts to say the things as they are, and not lie like most politicians. He was one of the few politicians who dared to say the truth about the OWS movement for example.
But yeah, this is quite sad. I would've loved to see Hermain Cain as the president of the United States :(

I missed it, what did he say about OWS?
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Antizionistia wrote:
Zaras wrote:
Ron Paul is a racist who said the end of apartheid would represent "the demise of civilization", only "5% of black people have reasonable political views", implied that the 1992 LA riots ended when "blacks went to pick up their welfare checks again", repeatedly urged bigoted uneducated white people to carry guns in case they get attacked by "animals" (read: black people) and advocated that NYC be renamed to "Rapetown".

Oh, and he's also a homophobe. His only genius has been managing to hide just how batshit crazy he is for so long.

only one batshit here seems to be you sir ... you appear to be lieing on all accounts . and , as most people who FEAR ron as you seem to do , taking his words completely and totally out of context , Ron Paul is not racist , he is fair and simply wants Affirmative action to end as he is a STRICT CONSTITUTIONALIST .. :eyebrow: this is not racist, this is rationality .as for homophobe, do you even kno what your saying , Ron Paul supports states rights , if your state wants gay marriage fine, if not, move out ! if ya had santorum or any of the other neoclowns up there , youdhave gay marriage banned on a federal level . ya dont have to be a rocket scientisst to see the difference here :roll: ... Ron Paul all the way , genius in everything BUT hiding , thats what his opponents do :lol2: , anyway this is a hermain cain thread so once again, it was only a matter of time, cain could not handle the pressure, that simple, end of story . he could not and would not , ever be president.

For a "STRICT CONSTITUTIONALIST" he sure seems to hate the 1st, 14th, and 16th amendments, and openly wants to repeal the 17th.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Antizionistia wrote:
New Rogernomics wrote:I am more concerned about the degradation of the English language, in the past few posts. I would cry, if they aren't as a result of using a cellphone or another small mobile device. :(

As for the US constitution, there have been many amendments, thus it is not a static document. But people believing it is a static unchanging document amuses me. :lol:

you realize that people who defer commenting to ones grammar are usually trying to ' confensate' for somethin ;) .. , hah , so ya , please focus on me, not the carelessness of which i type , as i could obviously care less considering after all this is a FORUM , not a term paper :roll: . as for the constitution , no kiddin! as i said becore with slavery, it was NOT peerfect, but the basic cores and values of the constitution and it is this which must be safeguarded. But people believing that as a changed document ,it does not have certain central values and rights , has always served to entertain me :D

You really should care. If we can't understand you because you sound like the crazy homeless guy at the end of the street, we are likely to give you about the same amount of credibility.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Voerdeland wrote:Of course he was a terrible candidate, but I feel sympathy for him. No politician's love life should impact any electoral campaign, ever.

Not that this is the case here, but it certainly should if they are running on a platform such as "family values", "commitment", "fidelity", or "pro-marriage". After all, if they grossly violate a major component of their campaign, who's to say they won't do so for others?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Kommandoria wrote:Herman Cain seemed like a terrible candidate to begin with (at least, in my opinion). BUT, the straw that broke the camel's back was when he was asked the following question during an interview...

Do you believe that China is a military threat to the United States?

To which he responded...

Eh, yes I do believe they are a military threat. They have been working on a nuclear program and may have nuclear weapons.

This, I believe, is the lions share of what took Cain down, because again, you'll have a hard time convincing me it was infedelity if they candidate they shift to is Newt "I love my country so much it makes me cheat on and leave my wives" Gingrich. What did him in was the fact that he appears to have never looked at a map much less had any grasp whatsoever of foreign policy. Who a candidate fucks only appears to matter to members of the opposing political party.

What ended Cain wasn't women, it was that long period of silence when asked about a current event, when it became clear that even 'asking his experts' wouldn't matter if he didn't appear to have a clue as to what question to ask in the first place.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Kommandoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2011

Postby Kommandoria » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Kommandoria wrote:Herman Cain seemed like a terrible candidate to begin with (at least, in my opinion). BUT, the straw that broke the camel's back was when he was asked the following question during an interview...

To which he responded...

This, I believe, is the lions share of what took Cain down, because again, you'll have a hard time convincing me it was infedelity if they candidate they shift to is Newt "I love my country so much it makes me cheat on and leave my wives" Gingrich. What did him in was the fact that he appears to have never looked at a map much less had any grasp whatsoever of foreign policy. Who a candidate fucks only appears to matter to members of the opposing political party.

What ended Cain wasn't women, it was that long period of silence when asked about a current event, when it became clear that even 'asking his experts' wouldn't matter if he didn't appear to have a clue as to what question to ask in the first place.

Exactly. Quite honestly, I believe Mitt Romney is America's only remaining hope. Herman Cain can't hold a candle to him. So what if Herman Cain committed an infidelity? Bill Clinton was arguably one of the best presidents in American history and he was accused of several sexual charges. While good morals and ethics is nice in a candidate, excellent knowledge of various political departments is much more important, and as of now, Herman Cain lacks both of those characteristics. Thank you for quoting me, CTOAN :bow: This is a rare but pleasant occurence.
"I will scorch the very grass from your land in a blaze of glory.
I will salt the soil and destroy all hope of recovery.
I will make your nation into a desolate wasteland, a hellish desert of despair.
I will end you, and your very name will be lost from history
."
--The Most High Royal Kyzar, Leonardo de Vespucci XVI

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Kommandoria wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This, I believe, is the lions share of what took Cain down, because again, you'll have a hard time convincing me it was infedelity if they candidate they shift to is Newt "I love my country so much it makes me cheat on and leave my wives" Gingrich. What did him in was the fact that he appears to have never looked at a map much less had any grasp whatsoever of foreign policy. Who a candidate fucks only appears to matter to members of the opposing political party.

Exactly. Quite honestly, I believe Mitt Romney is America's only remaining hope. Herman Cain can't hold a candle to him. So what if Herman Cain committed an infidelity? Bill Clinton was arguably one of the best presidents in American history and he was accused of several sexual charges. While good morals and ethics is nice in a candidate, excellent knowledge of various political departments is much more important, and as of now, Herman Cain lacks both of those characteristics. Thank you for quoting me, CTOAN :bow: This is a rare but pleasant occurence.

Mitt's the last best hope? Which Mitt? The one who was in favor of a health-care mandate or the one who is against it? The one who is pro-choice or the one who is against women having access to abortion services? The one who is in favor of a reasonable solution to immigration or the one who wants to deport them all? That's your problem right there. That and the way the Tea Party and the Far Right will force him to toe the party line, which is waaaaay over to the right of Barry Goldwater.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Antilon
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Antilon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Kommandoria wrote:. So what if Herman Cain committed an infidelity? Bill Clinton was arguably one of the best presidents in American history and he was accused of several sexual charges. While good morals and ethics is nice in a candidate, excellent knowledge of various political departments is much more important, and as of now, Herman Cain lacks both of those characteristics.

Actually, Clinton was charged with perjury and obstruction of justice.

What Cain is accused of is sexual harassment.

Nonetheless, I agree that Hermain lacks, among many things, political/economic knowledge.

Oldes
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Oldes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Pardon me if I'm not the first to say it, being so late in the thread, but...
That ain't the first thing he's pulled out of!

New Heathera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:10 pm

I don't really care what happens now, but I was really looking forward to someone other than a democrat or republican as president.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 pm

New Heathera wrote:I don't really care what happens now, but I was really looking forward to someone other than a democrat or republican as president.

You will be waiting a very long time.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

One step closer to Ron Paul rEVOLution

:trollface:
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

The Akkadian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Akkadian Empire » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm

I've decided I'm going to move my support to Newt Gingrich, because I don't have any choice. He's the only person in the Republican field who has a chance at the nomination asides from Romney, but I know I can't support Romney or Obama. If Romney gets the nomination, I'm abstaining from voting in 2012.
I doubt Romney's ability to rally and hold onto the conservative base. I'm almost certain he would lose to Obama.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Saiwania wrote:I've decided I'm going to move my support to Newt Gingrich, because I don't have any choice. He's the only person in the Republican field who has a chance at the nomination asides from Romney, but I know I can't support Romney or Obama. If Romney gets the nomination, I'm abstaining from voting in 2012.
I doubt Romney's ability to rally and hold onto the conservative base. I'm almost certain he would lose to Obama.

Right now, allowing for the fact that polls this early are little more than a novelty, Romney is the only one close.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Hippostania wrote:This is a sad day. Herman Cain was the best presidential candidate after Mitt Romney. He had the courage and guts to say the things as they are, and not lie like most politicians. He was one of the few politicians who dared to say the truth about the OWS movement for example.
But yeah, this is quite sad. I would've loved to see Hermain Cain as the president of the United States :(

Indeed, he was so good that he had full understanding of modern affairs. Oh wait, that isn't exactly true is it?
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:44 pm

New Heathera wrote:I don't really care what happens now, but I was really looking forward to someone other than a democrat or republican as president.

Hold your breath. Go on, it's only a matter of time.

Theseonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Theseonia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 am

Great Nepal wrote:

Indeed, he was so good that he had full understanding of modern affairs. Oh wait, that isn't exactly true is it?

Libya?.....Lybia.....hmmmm........
"I'm useless to you. I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions...fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..." - Boober Fraggle

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 am

Saiwania wrote:I've decided I'm going to move my support to Newt Gingrich, because I don't have any choice. He's the only person in the Republican field who has a chance at the nomination asides from Romney, but I know I can't support Romney or Obama. If Romney gets the nomination, I'm abstaining from voting in 2012.

I think you're pulling that worry out of nowhere. The Conservative wing isn't going to flee Romney. The worst they might do is abstain on voting day.

It's the centrists, moderates, and swing-voters you have to worry about losing - those are the people who might cross sides if the candidate is objectionable.
I identify as
a problem

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:02 am

i dont think you have factored in newt's first lady problem.

will the american voting public vote for a "whore" for first lady?
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 am

Ashmoria wrote:

Indeed.

Some thoughts on the Republican race from today's Times.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:37 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

Indeed.

Some thoughts on the Republican race from today's Times.

did you feel while reading that article that krugman wasnt telling you anything you didnt already know?
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 am

Ashmoria wrote:

did you feel while reading that article that krugman wasnt telling you anything you didnt already know?

I suppose. Still, it needs saying and he said it concisely.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General