NATION

PASSWORD

Obligatory "Fox News Is Evil" Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:
dude EVERYONE knows that the typical threads in NS are the silly "hate fox news" "condemn israel" threads. I bet i could find a thread condoning america in the next page or two.

what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?

i just mentioned it below my response, my response was how CNN is no differen't, i already pointed that out. It was more of a side note that I wanted to include.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

New Conglomerate
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Conglomerate » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

i just mentioned it below my response, my response was how CNN is no differen't, i already pointed that out. It was more of a side note that I wanted to include.

You're still ignoring the question.

Can you provide a source that CNN has made up stories (without retracting them later)?
Current WA Delegate of The NationStates Community.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
Can you cite a specific and proven example of CNN blatantly stating a lie on a particular news story for political gain?

And frankly you were the only one to bring up Israel in this thread so nice strawman.

dude EVERYONE knows that the typical threads in NS are the silly "hate fox news" "condemn israel" threads. I bet i could find a thread condoning america in the next page or two.

Enjoy your fantasy land, but please stop trying to drag the rest of us into it.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

Enjoy your fantasy land, but please stop trying to drag the rest of us into it.

Yeah cause its such a fantasy that NS is liberal bias :roll: I must be nuts.
Last edited by North Calaveras on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:00 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

This is not a thread about partisan bias. This is a thread about the fabrication of stories to attempt to create news.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:00 pm

New Conglomerate wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

You're still ignoring the question.

Can you provide a source that CNN has made up stories (without retracting them later)?

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdXJ5 ... rging.html

You wanted a source there is it, you can choose to ignore it or not.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:02 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
New Conglomerate wrote:You're still ignoring the question.

That says that Toyota claimed that CNN put out false information, not that CNN actually did.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

That says that Toyota claimed that CNN put out false information, not that CNN actually did.

So basically it just comes down to your personal opinion of whether or not they are lying?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That says that Toyota claimed that CNN put out false information, not that CNN actually did.

So basically it just comes down to your personal opinion of whether or not they are lying?

In the case of FOX, we have evidence that they mare making shit up. Is there evidence that Toyota's claims are true?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

In the case of FOX, we have evidence that they mare making shit up. Is there evidence that Toyota's claims are true?

You have no solid evidence, even the OP dosn't have solid evidence of "story fabrication"

Note: That being said, i believe fox does want to put more pressure on the left wing, they are a strong but isolated media station compared to the liberal media. That's why i watch CNN so i get a taste of the other side. I don't really see any bullshit coming from either side when it comes to just the news, but I do see tendencies when it comes to personal shows like Orelly and when CNN brings on their democrats.
Last edited by North Calaveras on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:06 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That says that Toyota claimed that CNN put out false information, not that CNN actually did.

No, the article you linked does not say that CNN definitely put out false information without retracting it later. It says that Toyota claimed that CNN put out false information. In context, Toyota was being beaten from pillar to post about those recalls back in 2010, and it vehemently disagreed with information CNN broadcast, calling it false. I don't see anywhere in there that the info was proved false.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:In the case of FOX, we have evidence that they mare making shit up. Is there evidence that Toyota's claims are true?

You have no solid evidence, even the OP dosn't have solid evidence of "story fabrication"

The evidence is the lack of it. There is no verifiable connection between the White House shooter and the Occupy movement. Even conservative watchdogs claim that Fox is the only news source to claim such, and hasn't presented any evidence to verify this claim. Unless, of course, you can show me what evidence they have brought up.

@}-;-'---

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Enjoy your fantasy land, but please stop trying to drag the rest of us into it.

Stand by, your Waaaaahmbulance is on its way.

In the meantime, let me point out some things that might help you and your pity party.

You, like every other member of this forum, have the ability to post threads. On the main page, the big button that says "New Topic", just press that and you can make topics about whatever your little heart desires.

Furthermore, there is a difference between over-representation and bias. Learn it.

Now, I know you're just twisting yourself up about all the horrible, horrible things that might happen if you 'dare' to make a thread about any one of the little red herrings you've brought up in order to avoid the rather indefensible act that Fox has pulled here because it makes you uncomfortable. The important thing to remember is that no one can actually do anything to you. These are all just words on a screen, and if the words scare you that much that you're afraid to venture out with a thread of your own you can always turn the computer off and stare at a blue sheet of paper to calm down.

If you've got a complaint about CNN, hit "New Topic" and make one. Because just like the conservatives you're pretending don't exist on NSG so as to nail yourself to the cross that came to this thread before you who brought up 'B-but MSNBC!', vague whining about CNN does not address this situation in anyway. CNN could rival the Onion in random bullshit around the clock and it would not excuse Fox. Much in the same way what Timmy did next door didn't excuse the shit you did with your momma.

All of your complaints about bias this and bias that, moot. Fuck all to do with anything, except in the context of this lie. And it is a lie. What anyone else does is not an excuse. No one is going to go, "Oh well...conservatives hate CNN, so it's all okay now." Doesn't work that way.

We take your flopping around and changing of the subject as a tacit acknowledgment that this is an inexcusable act and the people at Fox are in fact hacks.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Eh. This is exactly the same as when every violent act for a while was initially linked to the Tea Party. Remember, the Holocaust museum slaughter, the Giffords shooting, the wacko who flew a plane into a building because he hated the IRS?
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:*snip*

Inb4 "Fox is evil".

Oh, wait. This is the OP. Nevermind.

I swear. This site makes me give up on humanity sometimes.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

Stand by, your Waaaaahmbulance is on its way.

In the meantime, let me point out some things that might help you and your pity party.

You, like every other member of this forum, have the ability to post threads. On the main page, the big button that says "New Topic", just press that and you can make topics about whatever your little heart desires.

Furthermore, there is a difference between over-representation and bias. Learn it.

Now, I know you're just twisting yourself up about all the horrible, horrible things that might happen if you 'dare' to make a thread about any one of the little red herrings you've brought up in order to avoid the rather indefensible act that Fox has pulled here because it makes you uncomfortable. The important thing to remember is that no one can actually do anything to you. These are all just words on a screen, and if the words scare you that much that you're afraid to venture out with a thread of your own you can always turn the computer off and stare at a blue sheet of paper to calm down.

If you've got a complaint about CNN, hit "New Topic" and make one. Because just like the conservatives you're pretending don't exist on NSG so as to nail yourself to the cross that came to this thread before you who brought up 'B-but MSNBC!', vague whining about CNN does not address this situation in anyway. CNN could rival the Onion in random bullshit around the clock and it would not excuse Fox. Much in the same way what Timmy did next door didn't excuse the shit you did with your momma.

All of your complaints about bias this and bias that, moot. Fuck all to do with anything, except in the context of this lie. And it is a lie. What anyone else does is not an excuse. No one is going to go, "Oh well...conservatives hate CNN, so it's all okay now." Doesn't work that way.

We take your flopping around and changing of the subject as a tacit acknowledgment that this is an inexcusable act and the people at Fox are in fact hacks.

1. First off don't claim things about me, you don't know me or my emotions.
2. I'm not excusing either news station, don't put words in my mouth.
3. Personal attacks make you look like a fool, look at the bold above.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Saiwania wrote:Fox News is the only major right wing news channel on cable television in the US, so I hold nothing against them. They cover stories that the other stations (mostly liberal) won't and FNC...

Apparently, because those stories are already known to be untrue.

You don't think that's a problem?
I identify as
a problem

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

The evidence is the lack of it. There is no verifiable connection between the White House shooter and the Occupy movement. Even conservative watchdogs claim that Fox is the only news source to claim such, and hasn't presented any evidence to verify this claim. Unless, of course, you can show me what evidence they have brought up.

There's about as much connection between this shooter and a "movement" as there was between this shooter and his brain-stem. None.

Then again, seeing liberals whining about Fox claiming he was a member of the Occupy movement, when they endlessly claimed the Giffords shooter was a Tea Partier, as well as a couple other notable falsities, makes me laugh.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Hellenic Protectorates wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:The evidence is the lack of it. There is no verifiable connection between the White House shooter and the Occupy movement. Even conservative watchdogs claim that Fox is the only news source to claim such, and hasn't presented any evidence to verify this claim. Unless, of course, you can show me what evidence they have brought up.

There's about as much connection between this shooter and a "movement" as there was between this shooter and his brain-stem. None.

Then again, seeing liberals whining about Fox claiming he was a member of the Occupy movement, when they endlessly claimed the Giffords shooter was a Tea Partier, as well as a couple other notable falsities, makes me laugh.

so true

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Saiwania wrote:Fox News is the only major right wing news channel on cable television in the US, so I hold nothing against them. They cover stories that the other stations (mostly liberal) won't and FNC...

Apparently, because those stories are already known to be untrue.

You don't think that's a problem?

Loaded question. Nice try.

New Conglomerate
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Conglomerate » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:The evidence is the lack of it. There is no verifiable connection between the White House shooter and the Occupy movement. Even conservative watchdogs claim that Fox is the only news source to claim such, and hasn't presented any evidence to verify this claim. Unless, of course, you can show me what evidence they have brought up.

That was speculation, and all of it was retracted.

Also, this:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You, like every other member of this forum, have the ability to post threads. On the main page, the big button that says "New Topic", just press that and you can make topics about whatever your little heart desires.

Current WA Delegate of The NationStates Community.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

New Conglomerate wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:There's about as much connection between this shooter and a "movement" as there was between this shooter and his brain-stem. None.

Also, this:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You, like every other member of this forum, have the ability to post threads. On the main page, the big button that says "New Topic", just press that and you can make topics about whatever your little heart desires.

already responded to that, look above.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:*snip*

Inb4 "Fox is evil".

Oh, wait. This is the OP. Nevermind.

I swear. This site makes me give up on humanity sometimes.

Ten pages. Really too much to ask you to read it?

Or even just the OP, since you seem to have entirely missed the point.
I identify as
a problem

Hellenic Protectorates
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellenic Protectorates » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 pm

New Conglomerate wrote:
Hellenic Protectorates wrote:There's about as much connection between this shooter and a "movement" as there was between this shooter and his brain-stem. None.

Also, this:

Retracted? Where? Source please.

Also, in accordance with CTOAN's post: Since left-wingers outnumber right-wingers on this site, we're not allowed to have opinions? Because every single thing FOX says is absolutely torn apart on this forum, and conservatives have more productive things to do than worthlessly whine about everything, we aren't allowed to object?

Nice logic. And by that, I mean the opposite.
Last edited by Hellenic Protectorates on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 pm

I do think that FOX News is the official American news source, and yes, I believe it is evil, owned by the CIA. How else will it be imperialist and be wrong?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General