NATION

PASSWORD

What dog do you like?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What dog do you love the most?

Jack Russell
2%
Terrier
2%
Great Dane
2%
Poodle
No votes
Beagle
3%
Pit Bull
5%
German Shepherd
13%
Bulldog
3%
Other I have not mentioned
45%
Cat person
27%

Total votes : 64

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Terintania wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:no

the dog doesnt even know he did whatever the bad thing is. he just knows that .....if the trash is scattered about the kitchen the master will be angry. dogs learn through repetition. and they are very sensitive to human moods.

so much so that a dog will pretend to be OK around his master when he is sick or in pain.

Again, I have to say tsomthing against that. Earlyer my dog barked, and imediatly ducked his head down, looking guilty. To me that clearly shows that he knew he shouldn't have barked.

does he "look guilty" when no people are around when he barks?

you can train your dog not to bark. if you do it by punishing him when he barks he may well expect a punishment when he barks.
Last edited by Ashmoria on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatever

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Terintania wrote:
heh, actualy, I have to say that they do. In a way. My dogs see the stockigns and get exited, because we have stockings for them, and they get treats. They seemed to learn what teh stockings were for.

sure.

but if there are NO dog stockings with treats in them at christmas they wont resent that you didnt get them anything.

if you bring out the dog stockings full of treats in july they will be just as excited.

if you wash the dog stockings (so they dont smell like treats) and put them in the living room they probably wont expect them to be full of treats.

I do agree with that.
Times are looking grim these days~

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Again, I have to say tsomthing against that. Earlyer my dog barked, and imediatly ducked his head down, looking guilty. To me that clearly shows that he knew he shouldn't have barked.

does he "look guilty" when no people are around when he barks?

you can train your dog not to bark. if you do it by punishing him when he barks he may well expect a punishment when he barks.

I have no idea. We don't punish him we just yell at him and only sometimes. Somtimes we let him bark.
Times are looking grim these days~

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Greyhounds =3
They are cuddly couch potatos.
And the one time a day they get energetic, you dont even need to walk them if you don't feel like it.
Just let them out in the yard and they run laps then come inside, looking pleased that they beat you in the race you weren't participating in.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Greyhounds =3
They are cuddly couch potatos.
And the one time a day they get energetic, you dont even need to walk them if you don't feel like it.
Just let them out in the yard and they run laps then come inside, looking pleased that they beat you in the race you weren't participating in.

Dogs....

You gotta love em. I have a Weird story about my dog Teddy. It's kind of ironic that his brother's name was Noodles at the breeding place we picked him up at. Well, Noodles's dad died, and his mom had no mate.

So then Noodles steps in, and you can guess what happens next. That's the only instance I've heard of a brother being a dad.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 am

Should be obvious.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 am

Charles Buckingham 2 wrote:Beagles!

My current dog is a beagle, second favorite breed. They all have so much personality in a little package and they seem to live forever (mine is 12).
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Glen Cranreuch
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen Cranreuch » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:55 am

• Siberian Husky. I personally own one, and he has been my best friend for years now. He is a great dog, extremely loyal, and overall friendly. We have had several Siberian Huskies, and they all were amazing pets!
• English Mastiff. I have two at the moment, and they are friendly and playful. They are great dogs to have if your not intimidated by large dogs and drool!

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:02 am

I love the Boxer breed myself.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 am

1000 Cats wrote:
Coccygia wrote:You probably know the story about how he cut off the sleeve of his robe rather than disturb his cat, who was sleeping on it. Even I wouldn't go that far. It's not like cats exactly suffer from insomnia, y'know. I'd just politely push him off and give him a pat on the head, he'll be asleep again before I'm out the door. (I just wuv wuvvy widdle puddy tats too.)

I can sympathize with him. If there's a cat on top of me and I want to go somewhere/do something else, really, too damn bad. Especially if it's over a hundred pounds of cat. And yeah, I do feel bad if I wake her up, even though, like you said, they're quite capable of passing out again an instant later.

My comfort comes before the comfort of the cat sitting on me. This even applies to my cat, which I have trained to get off my lap when I tell him to.
Last edited by SaintB on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 am

Wilgrove wrote:I love the Boxer breed myself.

i do too but they have life span issues that i wasnt willing to risk.
whatever

Spookytown (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spookytown (Ancient) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:21 am

Long hair chihuaha, I have one...His name is Dingo, and he looks like a little baby fox.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 am

I'm a cat person. I judge dogs on a dog by dog basis. My girlfriend's mom has a corgi, and that just might be the cutest dog in the world. So I'm going to say corgis.
Last edited by The Anti-Cosmic Gods on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

SaintB wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:I can sympathize with him. If there's a cat on top of me and I want to go somewhere/do something else, really, too damn bad. Especially if it's over a hundred pounds of cat. And yeah, I do feel bad if I wake her up, even though, like you said, they're quite capable of passing out again an instant later.

My comfort comes before the comfort of the cat sitting on me. This even applies to my cat, which I have trained to get off my lap when I tell him to.

Eh, to me, and apparently to others, one's comfort is the cat sitting on them.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:57 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
SaintB wrote:

Eh, to me, and apparently to others, one's comfort is the cat sitting on them.

Didn't say its not comfortable, but if I have an itch or need a drink or someone knocks at the door; the cat is moving.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:01 pm

The German Shepherd and the Pug are my favorite dog breeds. Because my hubbies pug IS BEST PUG and by father's German Shepherd is just so awesomely trained its not even funny what you can make him do.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Isle of Kesha
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Kesha » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm a cat person, but I like bichon frises.
Last edited by Isle of Kesha on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all hail the great and omnipotent ke$ha!

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

What, no labrador/golden retriever option on there? They're consistently ranked as two of the most popular breeds.
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm a cat person myself, like...really, cats are so much more cuter than dogs, especially when they attempt to rip your arm apart when you're cuddling with them.

Siberian Huskies are awesome though.
Sub Astra --- Australes Unum
they/them or he/him pronouns please
Version 3 of the Kangaroo Republic started on 9 March, 2014

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Demonym: Macropodine, Kangan
NS resident kangaroo furry and therian.
Demsoc, Pro BLM, Pro Antifa
Big ol' non-binary duder

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Icamera wrote:What, no labrador/golden retriever option on there? They're consistently ranked as two of the most popular breeds.

Pretty lame and cliche, though.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General