NATION

PASSWORD

Why does it seem everyone hates Republicans

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

DO you Hate Republicans

Yes, I really Hate them they can all burn in hell, I don't care whether some are good or some are bad **** them all, (this is because I have no idea what they stand for it is merely blind hate)
15%
Yes, I made a logical arguement explaining why, and for the record I do not HATE them, merely disagree with their policies
44%
No, I made a logical arguement explaining why, and for the record I am not Bill Gates and I am NOT a radical
22%
meh (sound it out)
19%

Total votes : 334

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Eboinland wrote:The Republicans are economically far more libertarian

Libertarians don't support economic intervention in favor of corporations.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Sat May 21, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Eboinland
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Sat May 21, 2011 2:47 pm

I would be a Libertarian, exept they are mostly Pro-choice. I have serious issues with that. It is up to people like me to vote Libertarians into office and then shoot down their Pro-choice legislature. We'll let everything else pass.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill."
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Eboinland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Niether do 25% of Republicans. Including me.
Last edited by Eboinland on Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill."
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Eboinland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Sat May 21, 2011 2:52 pm

The Western Reaches wrote:I hate Republicans because the jedi council is a bunch of stuck up old men who kill Separatists because they didn't sell them any droids. Plus there's a lot of bureaucracy. I mean who the hell "accidentally" elects a Sith lord as Chancellor? People who deserve to be crushed by the Empire that's who!

Wait...

The liberals voted him in. Not the conservatives.
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Eboinland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Sat May 21, 2011 2:54 pm

The Ideal Society wrote:
Deus in Machina wrote:That's gotta be one of the worst polls I've ever seen. Those three options cover only a miniscule segment of the possible gamut of opinions.

Especially the first option. The "blind hate" part. As if someone's going to admit to that? :P

Alot of people did... :palm:
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Eboinland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eboinland » Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:That is not the Republican platform. You might want to check your sources for that one.

Are the Republicans against same-sex marriage?

Many are. Most don't really give a flying F*ck. Like me.
-Winston Churchill
Not. My. Den!

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat May 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Norstal wrote:
Euronion wrote: why is this? and please make a logical arguement

They hate people. Along with those other paleo-conservatives. Really, they literally hate people.

1. They support DADT.
2. They support the restriction of marriage.
3. They support taking the money away from health institutions (besides PP).
4. Rejected the DREAM act.
5. Made Homeland Security.
6. Cut fundings from education, health, welfare, and everything that is not defense.
7. Upholding Christian values while ignoring all other values.

It is safe to assume that paleo-conservative and Republicans hate everyone who is not Christian, white, and middle-class.

You left out supporting big business over the safety, health, and even lives of employees.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Brandenburg-Altmark
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brandenburg-Altmark » Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Eboinland wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Are the Republicans against same-sex marriage?

Very nice. You don't care about human rights, just as long as the government stays out of your medicare?
Economic Left/Right: -7.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
TOKYONI UNJUSTLY DELETED 19/06/2011 - SAY NO TO MOD IMPERIALISM
Tanker til Norge.
Free isam wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Where's inda? Or Russa for that matter?

idot inda is asias gron and russa is its hat ok :palm:

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Sat May 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Brandenburg-Altmark wrote:
Eboinland wrote:

Very nice. You don't care about human rights, just as long as the government stays out of your medicare?

Is it a human right to marry? I mean If I were gay I wouldnt marry a guy in a homo-hating church(Note: ALL)
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Coltarin wrote:i dont like the Republicans because a TON of their politics include helping the Rich echelon idiots instead of helping the less well to do people

Tha'ts just another stereotype.
Land of Free Beer and the Home of the Kentucky Fried Chicken

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat May 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Vecherd wrote:

Is it a human right to marry? I mean If I were gay I wouldnt marry a guy in a homo-hating church(Note: ALL)

Even if it is not a human right, marriage has already been established by the Supreme Court as an American right.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Vecherd wrote:

Is it a human right to marry?<snip>

Supreme Court says so

(I believe it was in Loving v. Virginia)

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm

North Calaveras wrote:I dislike both sides as well but were to gridlocked with the idea that you can only really have a chance with going by two parties dem or rep.

I hate Dems because: They are anti-capitalist to a degree, they side with illegal immigrants, they are apologists, they are anti-gun and more or less anti-freedom

I hate Reps because: They are to attached to religion, they preach about freedom yet are against gay marriage among other things

Well it could be worse. California has gone to the extreme that they now have a system set up in a such a way that the practical effect is to turn California into a one party state. You either have to be a Democrat to run for office or you can among the 35% that everyone demonizes. You are not allowed to have your political party. No third parties are legally allowed in California.
That's not allowing people to make real choices. It's like you can choose between Communist A and Communist B but you can't choose any noncommunists.
Last edited by UnitedStatesOfAmerica- on Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bitchkitten
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Bitchkitten » Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm

I have a number of reasons.

Sally Kern
Jesse Helms
George W Bush
Newt Gingrich
Lee Atwater
Tom Coburn
James Inhofe
O'Reilly
Rush Limbaugh
John McCain
Sarah Palin
Katherine Harris

It could be a lot longer, but you get the drift.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm

UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:
Coltarin wrote:i dont like the Republicans because a TON of their politics include helping the Rich echelon idiots instead of helping the less well to do people

Tha'ts just another stereotype.

Bush tax cuts, union busting, the Ryan budget, corporate subsidies...

For a stereotype it sure has been getting a lot done.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Sat May 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Vecherd wrote:

Even if it is not a human right, marriage has already been established by the Supreme Court as an American right.

Sounds weird, but totally believable.
Personally I dont like either the Reps or the Dems, I like the Libertarian Party. But I dont hate the Republicans.
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Free Soviets wrote:
F1-Insanity wrote:Legalization under the guise of education. Glad that got stopped cold dead in its tracks. I hope it stays dead this time.

you're sort of proving my point...

You should know, if you paid attention during the Bush years, that the Party is actually divided on immigration. The only thing they agree on is that security needs to be beefed. Not because we don't like brown skinned people but because of drug dealers, cartel linked gangs that have been abducting US citizens from US territory, torturing and killing them. Border security would benefit not only US citizens but immigrants too because the people most often targeted by the terrorist thugs are the "noncriminal" illegal aliens.

Criminal illegal alien: those who join gangs, work the Mexican cartels, steal other people's personal data, sell drugs, rape children, steal cars, drive without a license or insurance, etc

Noncriminal illegal alien: people who are here illegally but not doing any of the above, they work for a living but largely keep to themselves

Of course there is a difference between illegal alien and illegal immigrant and both Republicans and Democrats get them confused most of the time.

FTR, some Republicans actually support a form of the Dream Act but only for illegal immigrants, not for illegal aliens.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:29 pm

The Congregationists wrote:The way this was explained to me once, "When you're at a baseball game, that's what people are going to be talking about." Obvious, obviously. The "game in town" is what's going to be on people's lips, and in the U.S, conservatives are the game in town. Even when they're not in power politically, it's conservative ideas that are the driving force in American political discourse these days (and has been since Reagan, Nixon even) so it's conservatives - and Republicans by extention, that people are going to come out for or against.

If everybody hated Republicans, they wouldn't be the dominant party in America. But if people are going to hate "a party" it's most likely to be the Republicans because, well, they're the dominant party in America.

Incorrect. The dominant party in America would be the Democratic Party because that is the party that has the most adherents in the most populous states.
For example, in California, the Republican Party barely exists.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I just hear the sensationalist policies over and over.
I just don't like the anti-choice, pro-religion and anti-medical and anti-science policies they keep putting forward.
Like Really don't like it.

and *I* really really resent having to worry that the republican party is going to do something stupid and wreck our economy. we have enough to worry about without passing the debt ceiling day with NO action on raising it and worrying that they will wait until it is too late to get it through the stupid broken senate in time to not default on our debts.

Raising the debt ceiling just makes the problem worse. It's like you avoiding making your credit card payment by unilaterlly raising your own credit limit. They might let you do it for awhile, but sooner or later they will call you on it. The reason we can't do it this time is because our creditors have begun to call us on it.
China for one. When word leaked this year that we might raise the debt ceiling guess what happened. We lost our AAA credit rating. For the first time the US has a negative credit rating.
This happened under a Democrat, not a Republican. Last I looked Obama was a Democrat. Unless he secretly converted to the Republicans and even they don't know about it.
We have no choice but to pay down the national debt. Raising the ceiling is no longer an option.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Coccygia wrote:Republicans are evil, they are pathological liars, and they are doing everything possible to run this country into the ground. Other than that, they totally suck. I HATE THE BASTURDS! :evil:

You do realize that it's the Democrats in charge of both the White House and the Senate. and until recently they ran the House. Republicans have in charge on the House side for only a couple of months.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Norstal wrote:
Euronion wrote: why is this? and please make a logical arguement

They hate people. Along with those other paleo-conservatives. Really, they literally hate people.

1. They support DADT.
2. They support the restriction of marriage.
3. They support taking the money away from health institutions (besides PP).
4. Rejected the DREAM act.
5. Made Homeland Security.
6. Cut fundings from education, health, welfare, and everything that is not defense.
7. Upholding Christian values while ignoring all other values.

It is safe to assume that paleo-conservative and Republicans hate everyone who is not Christian, white, and middle-class.

a lot of that also describes Democrats.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Republicans don't either.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Vecherd wrote:

But that does not mean you have a right to free money just for being married. The financial benefits for being married depend a great deal on the resources of your employer. Right now the federal government is cutting programs. The sooner we withdraw from Libya and Afghanistan the sooner we can start cutting the defense budget as well.

Such things would allow us to enjoy the peace dividend and have 90's like economic growth. That's what happened the last time we were able to pull out of a major conflict.
Last edited by UnitedStatesOfAmerica- on Sat May 21, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnitedStatesOfAmerica-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby UnitedStatesOfAmerica- » Sat May 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:Tha'ts just another stereotype.

Bush tax cuts, union busting, the Ryan budget, corporate subsidies...

Did they ban unions?

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat May 21, 2011 4:05 pm

UnitedStatesOfAmerica- wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Bush tax cuts, union busting, the Ryan budget, corporate subsidies...

Did they ban unions?

Effectively.

Xenohumanity wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General