NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Thu May 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Leviticus is a set of guidelines for Jewish priests, and in the original hebrew, "abomination" translates as unclean.

Both 1 Corinthians and Timothy use the Greek word arsenokoitai which Paul made up. Had he meant homosexuality he'd have used the existing Greek word for such.

Sodom and Gommorrah were destroyed because of the craving of the men of Sodom for the angel messengers. Angels, if they exist, are a separate species, thus making it beastiality and not homosexuality. Bibilicle/Jewish/Islamic holy texts also cite the unkindness of the "people of Lot" as a reason for their destruction.

I've already addressed Paul's writings in Romans.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Ah, so bears won't be blocked? Good to know; those hairy bastards are far from effeminate. This said, are women not effeminate? If yes, then they aren't going to heaven.

Those who abuse themselves with men.
Bears included.

And the effeminate are not feminine :P There is a difference
Militant Judeao-Christian Crusader Religious State
WARNING: I am very conservative, and my posts may offend. I am not a troll, but I speak my truly held beliefs, offensive or not.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.79

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Ah, so bears won't be blocked? Good to know; those hairy bastards are far from effeminate. This said, are women not effeminate? If yes, then they aren't going to heaven.

Those who abuse themselves with men.
Bears included.

Abuse? Straight and gay BDSM fanatics then, not homosexuals.

Define both using a dictionary then.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Bitchkitten
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Bitchkitten » Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm

To all those who cite religion as a reason why homosexuals shouldn't have certain rights, I want to know why you think that I, an atheist, should be bound by your religious strictures? And beyond "God says so" why do you think it's wrong? Or are you blindly let someone else decide for you what is or is not moral and right?

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

-St George wrote:Leviticus is a set of guidelines for Jewish priests, and in the original hebrew, "abomination" translates as unclean.

Both 1 Corinthians and Timothy use the Greek word arsenokoitai which Paul made up. Had he meant homosexuality he'd have used the existing Greek word for such.

Sodom and Gommorrah were destroyed because of the craving of the men of Sodom for the angel messengers. Angels, if they exist, are a separate species, thus making it beastiality and not homosexuality. Bibilicle/Jewish/Islamic holy texts also cite the unkindness of the "people of Lot" as a reason for their destruction.

I've already addressed Paul's writings in Romans.

Leviticus is more than just a guideline for priests. If the OT means nothing anymore, then I can go murder whoever I want and it wont be a sin, as the Ten Commandments are invalid.

Romans pretty explicitly states the active and passive...

But the Angels are said to be like humans, but they do not give or take in marriage. Dont mate. And as they were in human forms at the time that Sodom and Gommorrah were after them...

As for 1 Corinthians and Timothy, you say that means it doesnt mean homosexuality. What if he is making a new term for homosexuality? The logic that because it wasnt the same words as Romans, its wrong, is flawed
WARNING: I am very conservative, and my posts may offend. I am not a troll, but I speak my truly held beliefs, offensive or not.

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:Those who abuse themselves with men.
Bears included.

Abuse? Straight and gay BDSM fanatics then, not homosexuals.

Actually, straight BDSM may very well be a sin.
And

Effeminate: Having or showing characteristics regarded as typical of a woman; unmanly.

Feminine: The female principle; : A woman; Any one of those words which are the appellations of females, or which have the terminations usually found in such words; as, actress, songstress, abbess, executrix; Of the female sex; biologically female, not male, womanly; Belonging to females; appropriated to ...

Effeminate is being like a woman, feminine is being one.

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Abuse? Straight and gay BDSM fanatics then, not homosexuals.

And

Effeminate: Having or showing characteristics regarded as typical of a woman; unmanly.

Feminine: The female principle; : A woman; Any one of those words which are the appellations of females, or which have the terminations usually found in such words; as, actress, songstress, abbess, executrix; Of the female sex; biologically female, not male, womanly; Belonging to females; appropriated to ...

Well sins and the 'laws of god' should never be combined with the 'laws of man'. Your not a sinner(by your interpretation, at least) good for you, have fun in heaven but don't try and force others to come along with you. Frankly I would not want to be stuck for an eternity with anyone who tries to shove their beliefs down my throat.

So you keep your 'laws of god' and live your life by them. Leave the laws of man to logic, reason, and society.
All life lessons can be found on Avenue Q.

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

SpectacularSpectacular wrote:So you keep your 'laws of god' and live your life by them. Leave the laws of man to logic, reason, and society.

I would, except that it WOULD affect me.
Giving homosexuals 'marriage' or 'adoption', and expecting me to treat them the same way I treat REAL marriages and adoptions, forces me to break my religious rules. So infringes on my rights.

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
SpectacularSpectacular wrote:So you keep your 'laws of god' and live your life by them. Leave the laws of man to logic, reason, and society.

Giving homosexuals 'marriage' or 'adoption', and expecting me to treat them the same way I treat REAL marriages and adoptions, forces me to break my religious rules. So infringes on my rights.

How so? It makes you feel angry? I'm angry I pay too much for gas and need to register my car every year. Being upset is not an infringement on any of your rights. You don't have to treat them anyway you don't want to...Besides, things being 'real' has never stopped a good Christian from treating it as 'not real'
Last edited by SpectacularSpectacular on Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Militia Alliance
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Militia Alliance » Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm

No such thing as being homo and not being a human at the same time. All that does is divide people and place them into categories.

This convo. only shows the divide and conquer techniques so prevalent in the LoLeftist disorder of the mind.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Abuse? Straight and gay BDSM fanatics then, not homosexuals.

And

Very well. Being like a woman is deserving of hell in your religion; Not all gay men are effeminate. Your point is still moot; it says nothing that effeminate women aren't barred. Perhaps Jesus liked his women butch?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

Untrue; It would simply require you to treat them equal, which is not against your religion, and it will not force you to recognize homosexual marriages as Christian marriages. You may refuse to acknowledge them as you would a Hindu, Islamic, or etc. marriage. But not discriminate against them.

@}-;-'---

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 pm

SpectacularSpectacular wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:I would, except that it WOULD affect me.

How so? It makes you feel angry? I'm angry I pay too much for gas and need to register my car every year. Being upset is not an infringement on any of your rights. You don't have to treat them anyway you don't want to...Besides, things being 'real' has never stopped a good Christian from treating it as 'not real'

I dont want my children corrupted by seeing or being around homosexuals, male or female.
I do not want to have to run to the bathroom to throw up every time two guys are holding hands
I dont want my daughters told that lesbianism is a 'valid' 'healthy' style of life.

And I would have to treat them different. Because were I to be able to do what I believe is right, I wouldnt allow gays to stay in any hotel I owned, I wouldnt check them out at a check-stand in a store (if I knew they were gay), I would refuse to acknowledge that any child was 'adopted' by them.
Its bad enough to deal with people you dont know are gay. Worse when they dont have to hide in a closet.

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Untrue; It would simply require you to treat them equal, which is not against your religion, and it will not force you to recognize homosexual marriages as Christian marriages. You may refuse to acknowledge them as you would a Hindu, Islamic, or etc. marriage. But not discriminate against them.

But their marriages are NOT equal according to my beliefs. The fact that they can live out of the closet, is being treated equal.

But, I also dont believe marriage and 'loving' who you want, are human rights.

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:I would, except that it WOULD affect me.

Untrue; It would simply require you to treat them equal, which is not against your religion, and it will not force you to recognize homosexual marriages as Christian marriages. You may refuse to acknowledge them as you would a Hindu, Islamic, or etc. marriage. But not discriminate against them.

For real as if you get to the pearly gates and Peter says: "Oh, you almost made it. If only you have been a bit more discriminatory towards gays you might have got in. Looks like its Hell for you, sorry." As if discrimination is the way into Heaven.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

I dont want my children corrupted by seeing or being around homosexuals, male or female.
I do not want to have to run to the bathroom to throw up every time two guys are holding hands
I dont want my daughters told that lesbianism is a 'valid' 'healthy' style of life.

And I would have to treat them different. Because were I to be able to do what I believe is right, I wouldnt allow gays to stay in any hotel I owned, I wouldnt check them out at a check-stand in a store (if I knew they were gay), I would refuse to acknowledge that any child was 'adopted' by them.
Its bad enough to deal with people you dont know are gay. Worse when they dont have to hide in a closet.

Homosexuality isn't corrupted nor infectious.
That isn't your right, to not be disgusted.
You can tell them that it isn't valid to your religion, but don't lie and say it isn't healthy.

This said, would you refuse Hindus, Muslims, Jews, and whatnot service?
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

New Asgariath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Asgariath » Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm against gay rights.

Here are my problems with gayness:
1) It goes against my religion
2) It goes against the social code
3) It destroys the value of "the family"
4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out. Ever. Anywhere. I don't wanna see it. If they must be gay, then they can be so in their bedrooms. It should not be legal. In fact, some people have trouble when straight people make out. So no gay!
5) People might as well start making laws so that you can marry your cat. Why not? If you're gonna be stupid enough to marry the same sex, why not marry a different species? Soon we're going to be petitioning for bestial gay marriage. Gay cat lovers. This is what America is being reduced to.
6) It's just gay!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Untrue; It would simply require you to treat them equal, which is not against your religion, and it will not force you to recognize homosexual marriages as Christian marriages. You may refuse to acknowledge them as you would a Hindu, Islamic, or etc. marriage. But not discriminate against them.

But their marriages are NOT equal according to my beliefs. The fact that they can live out of the closet, is being treated equal.

They are, by the current powers that be. Marriage is not to be discriminated against. And if they aren't allowed to marry, then neither are you. Either everyone has rights, or no one has them; simple as that.

@}-;-'---

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm

New Asgariath wrote:I'm against gay rights.

4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out. Ever. Anywhere. I don't wanna see it. If they must be gay, then they can be so in their bedrooms. It should not be legal. In fact, some people have trouble when straight people make out. So no gay!
5) People might as well start making laws so that you can marry your cat. Why not? If you're gonna be stupid enough to marry the same sex, why not marry a different species? Soon we're going to be petitioning for bestial gay marriage. Gay cat lovers. This is what America is being reduced to.
6) It's just gay!

You just summarized my entire view.

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

And that would infringe on your religious beliefs...How? Again...Plenty of things I don't like, for instance:
I don't like preachy people
I don't like people who excessively exaggerate their reactions
I don't like people who ignore fact and replace it with archaic beliefs which offer no factual basis

But guess what? I tolerate you...I mean those people.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

6) It's just gay!

1,2,3: Not entered in to the secular code of the USA.
4: I do, nor do I mind. If they can't be open, then no one can.
5: Two consenting adults. That's all I'll say.
6: Stupid reason is stupid.

@}-;-'---

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

6) It's just gay!

You just summarized my entire view.

Then your view is idiotic and unamerican.

@}-;-'---

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:

They are, by the current powers that be. Marriage is not to be discriminated against. And if they aren't allowed to marry, then neither are you. Either everyone has rights, or no one has them; simple as that.

Id rather marriage be illegal than allow gays to marry.

And no, I wouldnt refuse other religions services, unless they majorly contradicted mine. (No, I wont serve human meat to any cannibal religion :P)

But it ISNT healthy, it IS corrupting, and I would rather disown my own child than accept them as a PRACTICING gay.

Note that I dont have anything against people who are merely attracted to the same sex. I am against those who do the *Acts* of homosexuality.

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

I wonder, is it possible to have a discussion on homosexuality based entirely on logic?
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

6) It's just gay!

There is so much wrong with this I don't know how to start. Pretty sure this a troll.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General