NATION

PASSWORD

homosexuality = medical condition?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

homosexuality = medical condition?

Strongly agree
9%
Agree
8%
Disagree
15%
Strongly Disagree
52%
I am Gay
16%

Total votes : 185

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:bumpiness

*Whacks with a large baseball bat*
*Empties a Glock on you*

Do not bump a General thread. Ever.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Norstal wrote:
Shnercropolis wrote:bumpiness

*Whacks with a large baseball bat*
*Empties a Glock on you*

Do not bump a General thread. Ever.

sorry if my awesomeness is to much for generalites.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Norstal wrote:
Roman Cilicia wrote:How would I disprove it, when it is patently true. I myself have seen Hindoo brahmins levitate a meter high for up to three minutes! And an old magyar elder once rose up 50 ft in a sleepy little village near Temesvar that I had the pleasure of visiting, so the men swear.

Darwin must be rolling his grave right now.

No, I don't think Darwin was ever initiated into the secret post-mortem levitation-ventriloquism sects of the shaolin monks of spain.
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Motuka wrote:No, I don't think Darwin was ever initiated into the secret post-mortem levitation-ventriloquism sects of the shaolin monks of spain.

Characterized by their satellite dish-shaped heads which, by the science of phrenology, allow them to receive radio signals from dead spirits so that their bodies can be animated by anyone selected after death.

Come on people, this is OBVIOUS trolling. It just wants attention. Stop feeding it and it will leave.
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Motuka wrote:No, I don't think Darwin was ever initiated into the secret post-mortem levitation-ventriloquism sects of the shaolin monks of spain.

Characterized by their satellite dish-shaped heads which, by the science of phrenology, allow them to receive radio signals from dead spirits so that their bodies can be animated by anyone selected after death.

Oh psh give away the whole thing, why won't you >:( You can bet Grand Master Lobsang de Zapatero will hear of this, in fact I hear the acolytes are already setting up the transmitter.
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Motuka wrote:Oh psh give away the whole thing, why won't you >:( You can bet Grand Master Lobsang de Zapatero will hear of this, in fact I hear the acolytes are already setting up the transmitter.

Sorry, I bumped my nose today, and the temporary flattening of my nose lowered my intelligence and prevented me from remembering not to talk about that. That's why Negros can't keep jobs, you know. Hey, it's phrenological science; you can't question science.
Last edited by Unhealthy2 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:It seems like whenever the OP says anything about homosexuality, the entire thread goes on a tangent about it. Lets keep that banter here.
I, personally, find this to be a load of bullshit.

I disagree that this is likely a "medical condition", then again, I wouldn't totally discount the posibility. After all, I'm certain that sympathizers of the trans-gendered consider it as having a medical condition. Also, the proponents of "the gay gene" would say it's a medical truth, I imagine.
I'm going to stick with my theory of as yet undiscovered environmental progressions upon the personality.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

Roman Cilicia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Roman Cilicia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Motuka wrote:
Norstal wrote:Darwin must be rolling his grave right now.

No, I don't think Darwin was ever initiated into the secret post-mortem levitation-ventriloquism sects of the shaolin monks of spain.

The Shao-Lin of Thibet are unfortunately not acquainted with levitation, at least to my knowledge; the Spaniards are also divorced from the levitation tradition. Though the Brahmin dwell near to the Thibetans, they are ever at each others' throats and of two diametrically opposed traditions. Such it is and has always been between the darker traditions of Hindooism and the benevolence of the Buddha's teachings.

An interesting tidbit: when I was lodged near Hyderabad during my travels, I had the occasion to meet with many Magi of Zarathustra's teachings; much they taught me of their faith and ways, and it seems they lie in the intermediate between the two extremes of the Hindoo faith and the Buddhist. They are rather of a temperate nature, as their skull attests; hence they particularly excel at their task.
Kylarosa wrote:
The romans were destroyed by tribes like the mongols

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7014027
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6976669

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Roman Cilicia wrote:I have seen proof towards that - the skull of Oscar Wilde was analyzed and found notoriously flattened in the cranial regions - a sign of depravity. Proof enough for ya?

1. *A* gay person allegedly (the claim is not sourced) had a partially flattened skull.
2. This signifies depravity.
:. Therefore gays are depraved and phrenology is correct.

I don't even know what kind of logical fallacy this is.

Roman Cilicia wrote:

The Shao-Lin of Thibet are unfortunately not acquainted with levitation, at least to my knowledge; the Spaniards are also divorced from the levitation tradition. Though the Brahmin dwell near to the Thibetans, they are ever at each others' throats and of two diametrically opposed traditions. Such it is and has always been between the darker traditions of Hindooism and the benevolence of the Buddha's teachings.

An interesting tidbit: when I was lodged near Hyderabad during my travels, I had the occasion to meet with many Magi of Zarathustra's teachings; much they taught me of their faith and ways, and it seems they lie in the intermediate between the two extremes of the Hindoo faith and the Buddhist. They are rather of a temperate nature, as their skull attests; hence they particularly excel at their task.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ngThePoint
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Roman Cilicia wrote:I have seen proof towards that - the skull of Oscar Wilde was analyzed and found notoriously flattened in the cranial regions - a sign of depravity. Proof enough for ya?

1. *A* gay person allegedly (the claim is not sourced) had a partially flattened skull.

Roman Cilicia wrote:

The man has now claimed that he's seen people levitate 50 ft in the air. The man has claimed he was personally taught Zoroastrianism by Magi - in India, no less. He's claimed that he's seen the skull of Oscar Wilde. And people still respond to him seriously? You actually dissected and scrutinised his post. Wow @ this forum. :shock:

And no. It's not a medical condition - it's someones sexuality. Which is completely their business and no one elses.
Taking a break.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm

EnragedMaldivians wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

The man has now claimed that he's seen people levitate 50 ft in the air. The man has claimed he was personally taught Zoroastrianism by Magi - in India, no less. He's claimed that he's seen the skull of Oscar Wilde. And people still respond to him seriously? You actually dissected and scrutinised his post. Wow @ this forum. :shock:

And no. It's not a medical condition - it's someones sexuality. Which is completely their business and no one elses.

Just because he's a liar and probably a troll doesn't mean debating him can't be at least somewhat gratifying.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

EnragedMaldivians
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby EnragedMaldivians » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Meryuma wrote:
EnragedMaldivians wrote:

Just because he's a liar and probably a troll doesn't mean debating him can't be at least somewhat gratifying.

He's not a "liar"; he's not even pretending to make sense, or trying to convince anyone. He's joking. Gratuitiously to amuse himself. And his trollings pretty good - good enough to be considered satire. So I hope the Mods give him a pass.

But hey, you do your thing.
Taking a break.

Roman Cilicia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Roman Cilicia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

EnragedMaldivians wrote:The man has now claimed that he's seen people levitate 50 ft in the air. The man has claimed he was personally taught Zoroastrianism by Magi - in India, no less. He's claimed that he's seen the skull of Oscar Wilde. And people still respond to him seriously? You actually dissected and scrutinised his post. Wow @ this forum. :shock:

Zoroastrianism is yet practiced in India (and India pretty much exclusively) by over 100,000 devotees!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

I haven't personally seen Wilde's skull, but certain friends of mine have, and I conversed with them for hours on the phrenology of his head and the state of his mind. Many of the far-fetched theories and hypotheses people have had regarding that fascinating man we proved false with a cranial inspection.

The Magyars, in the rural lands where their indigenous culture has not disappeared entirely, yet practice "Felemelkedés" - levitation. Their most revered elders still carry out this incredible deed on their greatest pagan holiday, Szellemekanapforduló (the Solstice of Spirits).
Kylarosa wrote:
The romans were destroyed by tribes like the mongols

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7014027
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6976669

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:It's as much a medical condition as left-handedness is.

Left-Handedness is an abomination unto the lord.
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:12 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:It's as much a medical condition as left-handedness is.

Left-Handedness is an abomination unto the lord Nuggan..

Fixed.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General