NATION

PASSWORD

Well drilling (water) question-

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
IL Ruffino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Well drilling (water) question-

Postby IL Ruffino » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Is it possible that drilling a well and pumping the water out would prevent flooding in that area? My yard used to never flood, but recently it's been holding water (like, turning it into a swamp) for days if not weeks after a storm. We haven't changed anything so we don't know how this started.

Am I making any sense?

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 pm

IL Ruffino wrote:Is it possible that drilling a well and pumping the water out would prevent flooding in that area? My yard used to never flood, but recently it's been holding water (like, turning it into a swamp) for days if not weeks after a storm. We haven't changed anything so we don't know how this started.

Am I making any sense?

A drain is probably clogged somewhere.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:36 pm

It'll cause it to accumulate in yer garden which is the reverse of what you want. Plant some shrubs and look for the drain that's fucked.
Technically a Polanski.

Kongra
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kongra » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:37 pm

The ground might be saturated with water deep below and so the capacity for drainage is reduced. Drilling a well wouldn't help much in that case.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

Return to General