NATION

PASSWORD

Split from PG-13, People....

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:58 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
I don't think the the students are RPing.

But they might be involved in the WA considering that they're all a part of it.

What I said was that it isn't a stretch that if the play the game, that they could access the fora.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

What I said was that it isn't a stretch that if the play the game, that they could access the fora.

:)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:15 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
So the issues page is located in the forums now? They can see it it does not automatically mean they will click. Plus seeing a thread title wouldn't be harmful at all.

Reading a thread can cause problems, and I'm not talking about terns getting ideas. I'm talking about parents overreacting. There was such a case not too long ago, where the parent of a poster made him erase all his posts and I think said parent even threatened the mod staff with legal action. All because their kid was posting in NS and the parent didn't like what he/she read. It seems you're either ignoring this or not comprehending. Not sure which.

In any case, this is Max Barry's site, and if he doesn't approve of something, as much as I may disagree, that goes.

Lulz at the parent then. They would not have had a case. Besides if its for school then the teacher would be the one seeing it and not the parent.

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
I don't think the the students are RPing.

They are apparently. They just vote on the WA resolutions and stuff like that.

The Peoples of Xaer wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:Who said it truly bothers me? I'm pointing out the stupidity of it. I've pointed out other stupid rules Max has made too.

Yeah, those disagreeable rules on a site you have to pay nothing to use are completely and totally unreasonable. :roll:

:palm: Your post is so damn ignorant that it makes Nulono look intelligent.

Great Nepal wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:Plus seeing a thread title wouldn't be harmful at all.

I am pretty certain that schools would not want to see this when they click on Nationstates.net

I see nothing wrong with those thread titles.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Reading a thread can cause problems, and I'm not talking about terns getting ideas. I'm talking about parents overreacting. There was such a case not too long ago, where the parent of a poster made him erase all his posts and I think said parent even threatened the mod staff with legal action. All because their kid was posting in NS and the parent didn't like what he/she read. It seems you're either ignoring this or not comprehending. Not sure which.

In any case, this is Max Barry's site, and if he doesn't approve of something, as much as I may disagree, that goes.

Lulz at the parent then. They would not have had a case. Besides if its for school then the teacher would be the one seeing it and not the parent.

And who do you think the teacher will contact if one if his students is caught reading a sexually explicit thread? Hmmm?

Let me clarify: I see no problem with sex threads. Discussing sex can be done without getting graphic and it can be very interesting. The problem, however, is when the threads do get out of hand. And they have.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 am

Unfortunetly for you, Max seem to think otherwise. Unless you want to bribe him to change his mind.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:22 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

And who do you think the teacher will contact if one if his students is caught reading a sexually explicit thread? Hmmm?

Let me clarify: I see no problem with sex threads. Discussing sex can be done without getting graphic and it can be very interesting. The problem, however, is when the threads do get out of hand. And they have.

Yeah, I try to keep matters in my hand whenever there is a sex thread...

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:22 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

Such as what? Give some examples. The only one I remember was from awhile back where people were talking about masturbating. I know sites where people can cyber with whoever they want and that's not the point of the site.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:23 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I could turn this into such a great joke... but I shan't! >.<

:p
Slava Ukraini

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Such as what? Give some examples. The only one I remember was from awhile back
where people were talking about masturbating. I know sites where people can cyber with whoever they want and that's not the point of the site.

Do you read the threads in question?
Slava Ukraini

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:25 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I could turn this into such a great joke... but I shan't! >.<

:p

Yeah, it's hard to resist the temptation :p (too hard one could say)

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Such as what? Give some examples. The only one I remember was from awhile back where people were talking about masturbating. I know sites where people can cyber with whoever they want and that's not the point of the site.

That's not this site though. This is a nice, PG-13, political-based site. Not a 'let's cyber with ur momz' site. Okay, so you want to get it on with certain members. Tough. It's not hard. As his Berryness says, this is a father-know-best state. You could just go away and play on those other sites...
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:37 am

For Wiztopia: read from this page on- viewtopic.php?p=5262987#p5262987
Slava Ukraini

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:45 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

The Blaatschapen wrote:

They also have access to the forum for the WA, which means all other parts too and if you honestly think that teens wouldn't click on a suggestively titled thread because it's not part of the game, I've got some beach front property in Nevada to sell you.

The Peoples of Xaer wrote:Yeah, those disagreeable rules on a site you have to pay nothing to use are completely and totally unreasonable. :roll:

The irony, given your various claims, it burns us.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:49 am

NERVUN wrote:They also have access to the forum for the WA, which means all other parts too and if you honestly think that teens wouldn't click on a suggestively titled thread because it's not part of the game, I've got some beach front property in Nevada to sell you.

Would that be by Pyramid Lake?

*ducks*
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:For Wiztopia: read from this page on- viewtopic.php?p=5262987#p5262987

Made me laugh actually. Thanks for the new cat image btw. ;) See nothing like that bothers me really. I've been corrupted too much. I really doubt a teen will freak out if they read the thread either.

NERVUN wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

They also have access to the forum for the WA, which means all other parts too and if you honestly think that teens wouldn't click on a suggestively titled thread because it's not part of the game, I've got some beach front property in Nevada to sell you.

Why would they use the WA forums? There's a low chance they would see any sexually themed threads on the sidebar because of how many different posts there are. Especially during busy times. Not all teens would click the threads and most teens would not be offended by those threads in the first place.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:56 am

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
NERVUN wrote:They also have access to the forum for the WA, which means all other parts too and if you honestly think that teens wouldn't click on a suggestively titled thread because it's not part of the game, I've got some beach front property in Nevada to sell you.

Would that be by Pyramid Lake?

*ducks*

Naw, I was thinking the Black Rock (Well, it IS technically...) :p
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:58 am

Wiztopia wrote:

Why would they use the WA forums?

Because they are supposed to draft their own resolution?

There's a low chance they would see any sexually themed threads on the sidebar because of how many different posts there are. Especially during busy times. Not all teens would click the threads and most teens would not be offended by those threads in the first place.

And there goes the point, whizzing by over your head.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 am

NERVUN wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Why would they use the WA forums?

Because they are supposed to draft their own resolution?

There's a low chance they would see any sexually themed threads on the sidebar because of how many different posts there are. Especially during busy times. Not all teens would click the threads and most teens would not be offended by those threads in the first place.

Where is it stated they are supposed to draft their own resolution? The point is 1 moron getting offended means the other 100,000 people get punished.

Johz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:For Wiztopia: read from this page on- viewtopic.php?p=5262987#p5262987

Made me laugh actually. Thanks for the new cat image btw. ;) See nothing like that bothers me really. I've been corrupted too much. I really doubt a teen will freak out if they read the thread either.

We're not talking about the teen, we're talking about the teen's parents, or even teachers, who should, rightly, be concerned if their child, under PG-13 restrictions, goes and finds a thread on cybering. Honestly, it's not hard to find some of these. If this website has been given a specific rating, it needs to stick to it, for the teachers' and parents' sake at the very least.

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality

Also, bonobos zygons.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:47 am

Johz wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

We're not talking about the teen, we're talking about the teen's parents, or even teachers, who should, rightly, be concerned if their child, under PG-13 restrictions, goes and finds a thread on cybering. Honestly, it's not hard to find some of these. If this website has been given a specific rating, it needs to stick to it, for the teachers' and parents' sake at the very least.

"The point is 1 moron getting offended means the other 100,000 people get punished."

Johz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:52 am

Wiztopia wrote:
Johz wrote:

"The point is 1 moron getting offended means the other 100,000 people get punished."

You aren't getting punished just because you can't discuss what happened when you went out with a girl last night.

Also, it's not moronic to expect that a PG-13 site respects typical PG-13 guidelines. It's common sense, really...

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman

Also, bonobos zygons.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:54 am

Johz wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:"The point is 1 moron getting offended means the other 100,000 people get punished."

You aren't getting punished just because you can't discuss what happened when you went out with a girl last night.

Also, it's not moronic to expect that a PG-13 site respects typical PG-13 guidelines. It's common sense, really...

It's going off the post about somebody wanting to sue NS. If 1 moron gets offended then they try to sue and ruin it for the intelligent people.

Just like what happened with the FCC and the Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson Superbowl thing.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 am

Wiztopia wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Because they are supposed to draft their own resolution?

Where is it stated they are supposed to draft their own resolution?

For someone who is attempting to bait another poster over their intelligence...

The point is that they can do so, not that they must do so.

The point is 1 moron getting offended means the other 100,000 people get punished.

No, the point is always as stated, it doesn't matter if one person is offended or 100,000 get offended. The point is very much that Max set a limit and that whenever we start letting things slide, people gleefully gallop past that limit. Said limit can cause problems with teachers, parents, law enforcement (There are laws about this after all), and our site hosts.

So, sorry, just because YOU are not offended does not mean others aren't, and even if they are not, it's STILL not the point. We're not an adult site, adult stuff has no business being here, we don't want it here, and if cannot accept that, the door is right over there.

Ollie Via
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ollie Via » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 am

:clap:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General