NATION

PASSWORD

CENSORSHIP

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:That, during times of national strife, the State should use it in order to secure unity in the nation, and avoid division.

Like censoring articles against the war, amirite?

Against the war, against the leadership, against the military. Unity is the key to victory (numbers and tech help. A lot)

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Like censoring articles against the war, amirite?

Against the war, against the leadership, against the military. Unity is the key to victory (numbers and tech help. A lot)

But what if the war is unjust bullshit (as virtually all aggressive wars are)...?
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Against the war, against the leadership, against the military. Unity is the key to victory (numbers and tech help. A lot)

But what if the war is unjust bullshit (as virtually all aggressive wars are)...?

Does it matter? The welfare of the State depends upon winning the war, therefor supporting the war is akin to supporting the State, and vice-versa.

Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Does it matter?

Yes, immensely.

The welfare of the State depends upon winning the war, therefor supporting the war is akin to supporting the State, and vice-versa.

The welfare of the state would likely be better served by ending the unjust war ASAP, as wars costs shitloads of money and lives.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Does it matter?

Yes, immensely.

The welfare of the State depends upon winning the war, therefor supporting the war is akin to supporting the State, and vice-versa.

The welfare of the state would likely be better served by ending the unjust war ASAP, as wars costs shitloads of money and lives.

If, for some reason, the State got itself involved in the war, then the only way to handle it is the finish it properly. Anything short of total victory is a disgrace.

Final text here.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:That, during times of national strife, the State should use it in order to secure unity in the nation, and avoid division.

Like censoring articles against the war, amirite?

And declassified after the war...
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 pm

________The Cake __________________Is__________A Lie____________

Seriously though, I'm against censorship except for true national security reasons, and by that I mean people would die if the information came out, not "hey, this isn't good press for the war"

I'm also against historical censorship, or censorship based upon religious reasons/morality

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 pm

██ ███████ █████ ██ no ██████ ██ further. ████ █ ████ questions ███ ██████ ██

FUCK CENSORSHIP! :lol:
Last edited by Khanatah on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Hathradic States wrote:If, for some reason, the State got itself involved in the war, then the only way to handle it is the finish it properly. Anything short of total victory is a disgrace.

I'm not sure why some fat politicians feeling "disgraced" is worse than massive tax hikes and thousands to millions of innocent people being killed and mutilated.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:44 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:If, for some reason, the State got itself involved in the war, then the only way to handle it is the finish it properly. Anything short of total victory is a disgrace.

I'm not sure why some fat politicians feeling "disgraced" is worse than massive tax hikes and thousands to millions of innocent people being killed and mutilated.

Because I don't believe in innocent people...

...and it would be a disgrace to the nation and the people as a whole, not just the leaders.

Final text here.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:But what if the war is unjust bullshit (as virtually all aggressive wars are)...?

Does it matter? The welfare of the State depends upon winning the war, therefor supporting the war is akin to supporting the State, and vice-versa.

How about... screw the state?

And furthermore, screw baseless loyalty, and even further more, screw bourgeois leaders who send off the proletariat to fight against other bourgeois leaders' proletarian-filled armies.

Down with the State!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Because I don't believe in innocent people...

...and it would be a disgrace to the nation and the people as a whole, not just the leaders.

I find my government fighting chickenshit wars and killing people for no good reason to be far, far, far more disgraceful than stopping them. But hey, I guess my priorities are messed up. It's like rape: it's disgraceful not to finish.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Lilistrea
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lilistrea » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

Do people on this forum role-play having extreme political views or do they just feel more badass saying things like this?

Seriously, I'm new around here and I'm curious. It seems having moderate views puts you in the minority on this board.
Last edited by Lilistrea on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exemplis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Exemplis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 pm

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Lilistrea wrote:

Do people on this forum role-play having extreme political views or do they just feel more badass saying things like this?

Seriously, I'm new around here and I'm curious. It seems having moderate views puts you in the minority on this board.

He is a fascist--what do you expect?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Lilistrea wrote:

No, I actually believe 90% of what I am saying.

The Parkus Empire wrote:

I find my government fighting chickenshit wars and killing people for no good reason to be far, far, far more disgraceful than stopping them. But hey, I guess my priorities are messed up. It's like rape: it's disgraceful not to finish.

*resist so many jokes that could be made*

Is there ever a good reason to kill? After all, what is more sacred than a human life? If one can justify killing to defend, then one can also justify killing for the sake of the supremacy of the State to which you are loyal.

Final text here.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

Says WHO?

It's a disgrace to people who've drunken the leader's Flavour-Aid, surely, but rational people who can dress themselves in the morning would probably be able to take a step back and separate themselves from their leader's 'nation'.

Don't believe in innocent people? What does that even mean and what difference does that make? Every human being is a usable pawn in your policy of body-consuming attrition warfare? Why don't you go stand on a poor person's throat if you like seeing humanity suffer so much for nation and race. Or glory, or loyalty, or whatever you fascists peddle to the kids these days...
Last edited by Khanatah on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Hathradic States wrote:*resist so many jokes that could be made*

Is there ever a good reason to kill? After all, what is more sacred than a human life? If one can justify killing to defend, then one can also justify killing for the sake of the supremacy of the State to which you are loyal.

Modern wars ruin a state, they don't help it (unless you judge the welfare of the state as something exclusive to the standard of living and the life expectancy).

Starting a war for "supremacy" is about as morally justifiable as killing the best members of competing football teams.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:*resist so many jokes that could be made*

Modern wars ruin a state, they don't help it (unless you judge the welfare of the state as something exclusive to the standard of living and the life expectancy).

Starting a war for "supremacy" is about as morally justifiable as killing the best members of competing football teams.

Oooh...that is a good idea...I never thought of doing that...maybe the Cardinals will actually win a game if that happens...

And it is a matter of how the war is conducted. If you handle it properly, then you will have sucess. If you handle it like 'Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, then you are fucked.

Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am

Hathradic States wrote:Oooh...that is a good idea...I never thought of doing that...maybe the Cardinals will actually win a game if that happens...

And it is a matter of how the war is conducted. If you handle it properly, then you will have sucess. If you handle it like 'Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, then you are fucked.

I'm not sure how justifiable any of those wars were, and I'm not sure the government should tell me I can't call Iraq bullshit when they lied to us, possibly for their own financial gain.

I'm also not sure how those wars could be/have been conducted better, except maybe we shouldn't have bombed the shit out of civilians.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Oooh...that is a good idea...I never thought of doing that...maybe the Cardinals will actually win a game if that happens...

I'm not sure how justifiable any of those wars were, and I'm not sure the government should tell me I can't call Iraq bullshit when they lied to us, possibly for their own financial gain.

I'm also not sure how those wars could be/have been conducted better, except maybe we shouldn't have bombed the shit out of civilians.

I actually agree with you on the Iraq thing. We shouldn't have invade. However, once we did, we should have done the job right.

Uh huh...not bombing population centers won us WWII...definately...

Final text here.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

I actually agree with you on the Iraq thing. We shouldn't have invade. However, once we did, we should have done the job right.

The bombing of Dresden wasn't totally necessary.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 am

Norstal wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I actually agree with you on the Iraq thing. We shouldn't have invade. However, once we did, we should have done the job right.

The bombing of Dresden wasn't totally necessary.

We did more than bomb Dresden...(which killed our own POWs...dumbasses)

Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:10 am

Hathradic States wrote:I actually agree with you on the Iraq thing. We shouldn't have invade.

Censored for causing dissent.

However, once we did, we should have done the job right.

We won.

Talking about the three wars you named. Comparing them to WWII is absurd, logistically speaking, particularly the ones in the Mid East.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I actually agree with you on the Iraq thing. We shouldn't have invade.

Censored for causing dissent.

However, once we did, we should have done the job right.

We won.

Talking about the three wars you named. Comparing them to WWII is absurd, logistically speaking, particularly the ones in the Mid East.

I walked right into that one...

Or have we? What defines victory?

A war is a war is a war.

Final text here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General