NATION

PASSWORD

Your belief?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Chaos Heart
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Your belief?

Postby The Chaos Heart » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 am

I'm curious. What are your beliefs? Why do you believe that? Religious, Philisophical, ect. I, for instance, am a Nihilist. I wonder how many people on here are the same...

I would go into greater detail, but I'm actually going to bed now. I'll post something tomorrow yada yada blah blah blah.

In any case, please be respectful to all who post. This isn't a topic to debate which belief is more valid, for what reasons, ect. It's simply a place where people can come forward (hopefully without fear) and talk about themselves.

Lilistrea
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lilistrea » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 am

I find myself struggling to answer, the question is too vague.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 am

Moral and Existential Nihilist with a fine appreciation of life and the human experience.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:29 am

Firstly, Marxist-Leninist. Secondly, Utilitarian. Thirdly, Christian.

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

Dark Kantian.

I am compelled to do evil, regardless of its utility.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

Trotskylvania wrote:Dark Kantian.

:lol2:

I'm tempted to sig this.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

Religious wise, I'm kind of an anti-atheist; I give all gods the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof against their existence. I also believe in nature worship and animal worship; I believe them to be reflections of the gods and of the universal spirit. I believe that gods are territorial and that respect should be shown to the local gods while visiting.

That's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by Sun Aut Ex on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

I'm an agnostic. I don't know if there is a god or not. There might or there might not be one.

What I do know is that I am here and I must make the most out of it. Life's too short, IMO, to worry about whether there is a deity or not.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:31 am

Sun Aut Ex wrote:I'm kind of an anti-atheist; I give all gods the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof against their existence.

Pantheism?
I also believe in nature worship and animal worship; I believe them to be reflections of the gods and of the universal spirit. I believe that gods are territorial and that respect should be shown to the local gods while visiting.

That's all I can think of right now.

Hippy. ;)

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:33 am

Conserative Morality wrote:Pantheism?

That's not what pantheism means, according to Wiki.

Conserative Morality wrote:Hippy. ;)

Sounds like it on paper. It's more like primitive tribal, really. I've been known, when quite drunk, to kneel and pray to water and to do a voodoo dance around a barrel of fire. A couple of days ago, I prayed to a bat I saw. Not sure which god it represents... but I'm sure it represents at least one.
Last edited by Sun Aut Ex on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

The cold ice
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The cold ice » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:33 am

my belief is
none of your business
Last edited by The cold ice on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone calls me Ice.

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 am

I'm an Atheist, Political wise I be a Monarchist...to be specific a British Monarchist
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:37 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Dark Kantian.

:lol2:

I'm tempted to sig this.

I haven't been sigged yet in this incarnation of the NS forums, so please do :P
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:39 am

Trotskylvania wrote:I haven't been sigged yet in this incarnation of the NS forums, so please do :P

Sigged in my spoiler. :D

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 am

I'm a skeptic with left of center leanings and a stateist bent.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Urwumpe
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Urwumpe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:43 am

I believe this isn't my glass. I have a full one.

Papal Vatican States
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Papal Vatican States » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:43 am

I am a Roman Catholic (Oh my, who would have guessed it?) Very devout. In fact, I am entering the monastery in 2 years!

I believe man is naturally good, but sinned messed him up. That God brings us to our true and full potential. That sin, even that disguised as "freedom" only serves to demean and destroy the human person, reducing us to out animal selves. That life is meant to be lived in joy, the joy given by God. That the Roman Catholic Church, as guided and lead by the Pope was instituted by Christ to guide men to God and away from sin.

For ore info, see the Nicene Creed!
His Holiness Benedictus Pio p.p. I, Supreme Pontiff, Bishop of Roma, Sovereign of the Papal Vatican States, Primate of all Roma, Patriarch of the West, 265th Successor of St. Peter, Vicar of Christ on Earth, Servant of the Servants of God

Factbook --- State Newsfeed --- Embassy
Member of the Ecumenical Union and Synod of Orthodox and Catholic Churches

Night Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Night Terra » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:50 am

My irreligious belief.
Apatheist. - I don't have a belief in god/s or deities because I don't care If they exist or don't exist, As it doesn't make a difference to me personally either way.
I'll leave out my Philosophical views for now.

Republicke
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Republicke » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 am

Urwumpe wrote:I believe this isn't my glass. I have a full one.

Terry Pratchettism?
Economic Left/Right: -6.00, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth."
- B. Disraeli

Bramborska wrote:Muscular liberalism? He took my gay stripper name!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:52 am

Republicke wrote:Terry Pratchettism?

When everyone is looking, subvert expectations. :lol:

Urwumpe
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Urwumpe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:52 am

Republicke wrote:Terry Pratchettism?

:clap:

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 am

The Chaos Heart wrote:I'm curious. What are your beliefs? Why do you believe that? Religious, Philisophical, ect. I, for instance, am a Nihilist. I wonder how many people on here are the same...

I would go into greater detail, but I'm actually going to bed now. I'll post something tomorrow yada yada blah blah blah.

In any case, please be respectful to all who post. This isn't a topic to debate which belief is more valid, for what reasons, ect. It's simply a place where people can come forward (hopefully without fear) and talk about themselves.

I believe that this comes under the 'garish font' rule, and I'd advise editing to remove, but that's just me...

I'm a Christian, specifically low Anglican. Yay women bishops, boo to healing services. Yay to cups of tea after the service, boo to pastors, priests and worship leaders. You get the picture...
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Imperia-Bankous
Secretary

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperia-Bankous » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 am

Meritocracist-Captailist, Athiest
Power Comes With Prosperity! - Imperia Bankous

Miasto Lodz
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miasto Lodz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:39 am

I like the church of Emacs.
Last edited by Miasto Lodz on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mine's bigger.
"A quality instrument is easily repaired" Leo Fender
Kupując kebaba osiedlasz Araba.
Keine Freiheit für die Feinde der Freiheit.

Terra Australasia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Australasia » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:42 am

Non-denominational Christian.
-In other words, I have my personal beliefs garnered from years with all sorts of different denominations
--Mainly, I believe in the Holy Trinity, that prayer is made directly to God and is personal (e.g. I don't really like using the Lord's prayer), meditation is a valid form of prayer, a person can hate homosexuality without hating homosexuals (A born-again homosexual will be saved, regardless of whether homosexuality is a sin, which I believe is not clear, but doesn't matter anyway), that baptism is to do with your beliefs and not your birth/your baptism in water whatever

-Also:
--Humans are inherently superior to animals, or at least should be considered so when I act, unless it can be proven they have emotional capabilities AT LEAST equal to that of humans, as well as rational thinking at that level.
--Environmentalists have the right idea but the wrong action plan. I'm all for saving biodiversity and sustainable living (because humans depend on the Earth as of present), but we should step forward, not backwards. Technology isn't the enemy, it's the solution.
--Both genders deserve the same rights, but certain 'stereotypes' should be kept. However, they shouldn't be binding. Women still shouldn't be encouraged for heavy labor, because in general they don't have that kind of strength, but if they can, they should be legally allowed to. In a more modern-world case, they should be paid equally for equal work, but pregnant women should be paid by government, not corporations, because they provide no work for the company, while they still need to live and can't be expected to work while carrying the future of humanity.
--Death is never an option. Ever.
--Since marijuana is often taken to be LESS harmful than cigarettes, ban cigarettes.
--Alcohol seems to be alright in general, and as far as I know, less addictive. Therefore, in moderation. But, the age of 18 should be a minimum.

-And
--All races are simply subdivisions of one species, that is infinitely unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Bear in mind, I don't espouse leaving things at that. All races are one species, and it is only natural that once a parasite is born, it do everything possible to permeate all of its world.
Last edited by Terra Australasia on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General