NATION

PASSWORD

Dream Power

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Dream Power

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 am

If you had the power to anonymously jump into people's dreams for the sole purpose of changing the way they treat you, would you use it? I would love that npower and use it on atleast 3 people...maybe more...I don't know who else I would use it on!
Last edited by Kalaspia-Shimarata on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 am

Woof Woof Woof wrote:What's your psychiatrist saying about this?

Haha! How is that even physcotic?
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Josh Sinister
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Sinister » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 am

Nah, that's gay; I'd rather stockpile my resentments.

Kesheru
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:16 am

Probably use it to change people's opinions on me for the better, like there are some people who just seem aggressive or they are haters, everyone knows that feeling, the best friends of your girlfriend/boyfriend hate your guts for no reason. I would not use the power to change people's opinions on political or spiritual things, nor any of their lifestyle choices.
Grand Holy Empire of Kesheru
__________GHEoK___________
FACTBOOK
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=99389&p=4968429#p4968429

Motto
Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Battle Cry
"For the Great Sculptor!"

Stormy-Lyn
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormy-Lyn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:20 am

I would use it to make my boyfriends ex stop hanging all over him ONLY when i'm around cause that's the only time she does it. She ignores him the rest of the time!!
Taken And Happy
I Love My Dog
Don't say you love me unless you mean it, cause i might do something crazy like believe it. <3
Haha =] Dogs are the Shitlzez =]!!!!!

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 am

I wouldn't.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:26 am

Kesheru wrote:Probably use it to change people's opinions on me for the better, like there are some people who just seem aggressive or they are haters, everyone knows that feeling, the best friends of your girlfriend/boyfriend hate your guts for no reason. I would not use the power to change people's opinions on political or spiritual things, nor any of their lifestyle choices.

^^This, this is exactly what I would use it for! Exactly!^^ :clap:

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:33 am

I'd use it to harvest secrets and blackmail my way up the chain of power to become supreme world overlord.

I prefer the usual way of changing people's opinions. It'd be a dull world if everyone liked everyone else.
Last edited by Lordieth on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:38 am

Lordieth wrote:I'd use it to harvest secrets and blackmail my way up the chain of power to become supreme world overlord.

I prefer the usual way of changing people's opinions. It'd be a dull world if everyone liked everyone else.

Plus there are some people who are annoying as shit, would you really want to like them?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:39 am

Dakini wrote:
Lordieth wrote:I'd use it to harvest secrets and blackmail my way up the chain of power to become supreme world overlord.

Plus there are some people who are annoying as shit, would you really want to like them?

I like you ;)

(okay, just kidding, I don't like you... oh wait, that isn't exactly flattering either) :P
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Novian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Novian Union » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:47 am

That is an interesting concept, although is is morally wrong to do so. However in some cases it would be a plus. For example, if someone is trying to threaten you or kill you, you can slip into their dreams and convince their mind to leave you alone. You could even change the minds of major political leaders, molding the world to how you want; this is very dangerous though.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 am

The Novian Union wrote:That is an interesting concept, although is is morally wrong to do so. However in some cases it would be a plus. For example, if someone is trying to threaten you or kill you, you can slip into their dreams and convince their mind to leave you alone. You could even change the minds of major political leaders, molding the world to how you want; this is very dangerous though.

This is why restrictions would have to be placed on it
Last edited by Kalaspia-Shimarata on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Novian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Novian Union » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:02 am

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:
The Novian Union wrote:That is an interesting concept, although is is morally wrong to do so. However in some cases it would be a plus. For example, if someone is trying to threaten you or kill you, you can slip into their dreams and convince their mind to leave you alone. You could even change the minds of major political leaders, molding the world to how you want; this is very dangerous though.

This is why restrictions would have to be placed on it

Oh, for sure.

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:29 am

Dakini wrote:

No, but some people are willing to change. I prefer to try to enlighten than condemn others.

Mind control would take the skill out of social engineering. If movies have taught us anything, it's that the government will use it for no good.

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 am

... no. That would pretty much be the ultimate breach of privacy. Also very creepy.

Ordo Drakul
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Drakul » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:34 am

Nah-wouldn't change their minds, but I would be the Nice Dream Fairy, if you know what I mean...

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 am

Do further elaborate please Ordo Drakul :p

A Ant
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby A Ant » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 am

Yes. In a heartbeat.
Georgism in disguise
Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 am

why does this thread give me an inception vibe
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:18 am

The Novian Union wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:This is why restrictions would have to be placed on it

Oh, for sure.

**I've just thought of why regulating it would be a problem. For it to be regulated, that would mean someone other than you would have to know about it...and that would cause problems. For example
Ashley and Jason are boy friend and girl friend**
Ashley:I'm dumping you!
**Jason hen gets into ger dreams and manipulates them for her to get back together**
Ashley:Did you just manipulate my dreams?
Jason:No
Asley:Well prove it...

But if you want to use it for what I do, then it wouldn't be a problem if they find out that I manipulate their dreams!

The Last Hope for Bees
Attaché

Founded: Apr 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Hope for Bees » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 am

Hell yeah. Imagine all the good I could do
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.25

Terra Australasia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Australasia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 am

I would use it on as many people as possible.

I like feeling powerful.

But it would probably take too much effort. Actually, maybe just do a jump here and there to make sure I've got the power if I ever need it for some reason, but leave everything intact.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General