NATION

PASSWORD

What's so wrong with being a mutt anyway?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:32 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:
May I ask why you react thusly?

I think it's pretty obvious: I know you're not racist at all, you just care about your culture, but going for pure kids when you're mixed yourself seems to directly contradict your aims. Wouldn't adoption be better?

Actually, because my wife is, to my knowledge, sitting right at 100% they would be more "pure". Though total purity isn't nearly as big a deal for me as it is for others.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:33 am

Nothing is with people of mixed ethnicity? Being a pure-blooded whatever is no reason to lord it over other people.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:
That's a shame. I don't usually see you trolling.

Oh relax, you know I am a smartass. :p

Indeed. I misread your proverbial tone. My apologies.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Oh relax, you know I am a smartass. :p

DT: I know you aren't a racist (at least, I don't think you are :unsure: ), and you have a strong belief in culture. But I don't know what blood has to do with it. Nonetheless, I sympathize. Catholicism is a strong part of my culture and life, and so I intend to marry a devout Catholic woman, have many kids, and make them all good little Catholics.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: What's so wrong with being a mutt anyway?

Postby Der Teutoniker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:

DT: I know you aren't a racist (at least, I don't think you are ), and you have a strong belief in culture. But I don't know what blood has to do with it. Nonetheless, I sympathize. Catholicism is a strong part of my culture and life, and so I intend to marry a devout Catholic woman, have many kids, and make them all good little Catholics.

To clarify: no, I'm not a racist. Non-Germanics are simply not people, and therefore not subject to "racism".

Nah, just kidding. Part of feeling in tune with my culture is feeling in tune with my people. It's cool for others not to "get it", everyone has a different perspective on life.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I think it's pretty obvious: I know you're not racist at all, you just care about your culture, but going for pure kids when you're mixed yourself seems to directly contradict your aims. Wouldn't adoption be better?

Actually, because my wife is, to my knowledge, sitting right at 100% they would be more "pure". Though total purity isn't nearly as big a deal for me as it is for others.

Yet less pure than if she married someone else.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 am

Norstal wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I think it's pretty obvious: I know you're not racist at all, you just care about your culture, but going for pure kids when you're mixed yourself seems to directly contradict your aims. Wouldn't adoption be better?

Or, why not have mixed race and teach them German culture? Germanize them?

He's interested in preserving ethnicity for partially the same reason scientists are interested in preserving endangered species.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Re: What's so wrong with being a mutt anyway?

Postby Der Teutoniker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:

Yet less pure than if she married someone else.

Indeed. And yet, it isn't a big deal to me

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Dustistan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dustistan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:21 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:
May I ask why you react thusly?

I think it's pretty obvious: I know you're not racist at all, you just care about your culture, but going for pure kids when you're mixed yourself seems to directly contradict your aims. Wouldn't adoption be better?

He didn't say he was 'going for' this or that. He's just making a statement about the future "My kids will be...". No clue whether he approves, disapproves, or is indifferent.
Last edited by Dustistan on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YaoiFangirlLand
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YaoiFangirlLand » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm Hungarian, Irish, British, French, Czech, German, Prussian, Scottish, etc. XD
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy and pate bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Vortiaganica wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:By mutt I mean mixed. I kept reading the same thing in the interracial marriage thread. That the mixing of ethnicities/races is a horrible thing. I cannot understand this as I am very much mixed ethnically. Native American, Irish, English, German Czech/Slavic (which probably means I have some Asian), and lord knows if I've got some black having folks who hail from the south. I frankly wouldn't be surprised. So what's wrong with being a mutt? :unsure:

It's because mudbloods go in Griffindor. Only a pureblood like me can get into Slytherin.

T. M. Riddle on line one for you. He has a problem with you thinking he's not Slytherin enough.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Dustistan wrote:

He didn't say he was 'going for' this or that. He's just making a statement about the future "My kids will be...". No clue whether he approves, disapproves, or is indifferent.

>implying that this is the first he's evar posted on this forum and that neither he nor I have been here years longer than you have
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm a mutt, but apparently more dominated by the Caucasian perpetrators of my hereditary line. It doesn't affect me much aside from getting flustered trying to explain my background. It becomes even more complicated when I try to explain why I have a Spanish last name, yet no actual Spanish ancestors are in my background that I am aware of. And I loathe having to identify with "white". I am more of a peachy/pink. :p
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Norstal wrote:Or, why not have mixed race and teach them German culture? Germanize them?

He's interested in preserving ethnicity for partially the same reason scientists are interested in preserving endangered species.

Yeah, but that doesn't really makes sense since you can do that even if you do have mixed race. Like, trying to make a cell eat another cell so it may mutate. Or to make potatoes easily grown by introducing new genes.

You can preserve your ethnicity and more. Unless, he hates other people's ethnicity...
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General