NATION

PASSWORD

What's so wrong with being a mutt anyway?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
UCUMAY
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

What's so wrong with being a mutt anyway?

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:51 pm

By mutt I mean mixed. I kept reading the same thing in the interracial marriage thread. That the mixing of ethnicities/races is a horrible thing. I cannot understand this as I am very much mixed ethnically. Native American, Irish, English, German Czech/Slavic (which probably means I have some Asian), and lord knows if I've got some black having folks who hail from the south. I frankly wouldn't be surprised. So what's wrong with being a mutt? :unsure:
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

Tokos
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Identity problems are nothing to sniff at, but that's a thing of circumstance, not an inevitable outcome of being mixed race… I mean the Kazakh people seem pretty "mixed race" to me.
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

What's wrong with it? That so many refuse to acknowledge their status as one.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Maurepas wrote:What's wrong with it? That so many refuse to acknowledge their status as one.

:bow:
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I demand you relinquish my race jumble immediately! >:( How'd you get my file!?

Nothing is wrong with it. People just seem to think that because you aren't pure white(whatever the fuck that means), black, yellow or what have you, you must not be important. Just a mental problem, don't worry about them.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Caecili
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecili » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Nothing at all! I'm proud to be a Heinz-57. We have hybrid vigor.
Alternate of Ursiroth. Call me "She" or "It" or "Your Holiness". Just not "He".
Is it strange to theme a country around limbless amphibians?
This will explain things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvL4zOLSeM

Left/Right: -7.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Cling, clang, thunk, scraaape...

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:I demand you relinquish my race jumble immediately! >:( How'd you get my file!?

Nothing is wrong with it. People just seem to think that because you aren't pure white(whatever the fuck that means), black, yellow or what have you, you must not be important. Just a mental problem, don't worry about them.

:lol2:
About me

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Because that means that halfbreeds like myself possess a raw animal attraction that women are simply unable to resist. 8)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Meikoland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meikoland » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

UCUMAY wrote:By mutt I mean mixed. I kept reading the same thing in the interracial marriage thread. That the mixing of ethnicities/races is a horrible thing. I cannot understand this as I am very much mixed ethnically. Native American, Irish, English, German Czech/Slavic (which probably means I have some Asian), and lord knows if I've got some black having folks who hail from the south. I frankly wouldn't be surprised. So what's wrong with being a mutt? :unsure:

For the ethnicity mixing it's probably a manifestation of nationalism that causes some to frown upon it. I, for one, love my mutt of a lover :kiss:
Edit: I'm a mutt too; English, swiss, Irish, Austrian, possibly some magyar (hun)
Last edited by Meikoland on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronounciation: My-coal-land. Demonym: Meik or Tao
Economic: 6.57 (right)
Social: 7.09 (libertarian)
Foreign Policy: -5.17 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture War: -4.11(Leftist)
Panasian tendencies
Influences: Japan, German, Switzerland, America
Tech: Post-modern (Between now and Mass Effect)
Spec-ops: [name: Classified] but we can assure you there are ninjas in your government working for us

Tokos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Caecili wrote:Nothing at all! I'm proud to be a Heinz-57. We have hybrid vigor.

Or outbreeding depression. Just saying.

People are ultimately mostly in favour of mixing races because it's the fashionable position… we really know very little about whether it's a good thing or not.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Meikoland wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:By mutt I mean mixed. I kept reading the same thing in the interracial marriage thread. That the mixing of ethnicities/races is a horrible thing. I cannot understand this as I am very much mixed ethnically. Native American, Irish, English, German Czech/Slavic (which probably means I have some Asian), and lord knows if I've got some black having folks who hail from the south. I frankly wouldn't be surprised. So what's wrong with being a mutt? :unsure:

For the ethnicity mixing it's probably a manifestation of nationalism that causes some to frown upon it. I, for one, love my mutt of a lover :kiss:

You are always sweet my love. :)
About me

Caecili
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecili » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Tokos wrote:
Caecili wrote:Nothing at all! I'm proud to be a Heinz-57. We have hybrid vigor.

People are ultimately mostly in favour of mixing races because it's the fashionable position… we really know very little about whether it's a good thing or not.

What do you mean "whether it's a good thing or not"? If you're talking biologically here, there have been no studies saying that people of mixed race are less healthy. I can't think of any other way it could be bad.
Alternate of Ursiroth. Call me "She" or "It" or "Your Holiness". Just not "He".
Is it strange to theme a country around limbless amphibians?
This will explain things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvL4zOLSeM

Left/Right: -7.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Cling, clang, thunk, scraaape...

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Tokos wrote:Or outbreeding depression. Just saying.

I know it's a good thing because it led to me, and how could I be anything but a product of something as perfect as myself?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Caecili wrote:
Tokos wrote:

What do you mean "whether it's a good thing or not"? If you're talking biologically here, there have been no studies saying that people of mixed race are less healthy. I can't think of any other way it could be bad.

From my limited understanding of biology, when mixing races/species(who undoubtedly have different traits), some traits will be bred out, and others mixed or kept. That is not an inherently good or bad thing, however.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Tokos
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Caecili wrote:What do you mean "whether it's a good thing or not"? If you're talking biologically here, there have been no studies saying that people of mixed race are less healthy. I can't think of any other way it could be bad.

Organ replacement problems come to mind.

Some people say that we'll eventually become one race, which I reckon would be a very bad thing because, on a species-wide scale, diversity really is our strength. However I can't see that happening.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm a half-mutt... I'm half Danish, and the rest is just a jumble of German, Welsh, Quebecoise, Scottish, and Cherokee. I guess I'm not even welcome in the mutt club, huh? :(
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:From my limited understanding of biology, when mixing races/species(who undoubtedly have different traits), some traits will be bred out, and others mixed or kept. That is not an inherently good or bad thing, however.

To my understanding, it's incredibly rare that traits that are not actively harmful will be bred out, which means if anything mixed-race couples are a good thing.

Or would be, actually, except that the concept of race is terrible and that there's actually more difference on average within a 'race' then there is between them. :meh:

Verataza
Attaché

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verataza » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

There is nothing "Wrong" with being a mutt, but it can fracture cultural identity, causing either an attempt at the wholesale adaptation of the mainstream culture, or serious identity problems, or both.

Coming from a mutt.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:I'm a half-mutt... I'm half Danish, and the rest is just a jumble of German, Welsh, Quebecoise, Scottish, and Cherokee. I guess I'm not even welcome in the mutt club, huh? :(

:hug: Of course you're welcome. :)
About me

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Tokos wrote:Organ replacement problems come to mind.

Some people say that we'll eventually become one race, which I reckon would be a very bad thing because, on a species-wide scale, diversity really is our strength. However I can't see that happening.

Race, having no set boundaries, can easily turn into one general race with more genetic diversity than all 'races' in the modern day.

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Izandai » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Nothing. It's just that for a long time there were a lot of douche bags poncing around with their "purebred poodles" (so to speak) that it became considered inferior to have a dog that's anything but purebred.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Verataza wrote:There is nothing "Wrong" with being a mutt, but it can fracture cultural identity, causing either an attempt at the wholesale adaptation of the mainstream culture, or serious identity problems, or both.

Coming from a mutt.

I have no identity problems, because I don't feel the need to justify myself through my ancestors. I don't quite understand why other people have that need.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:05 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:I'm a half-mutt... I'm half Danish, and the rest is just a jumble of German, Welsh, Quebecoise, Scottish, and Cherokee. I guess I'm not even welcome in the mutt club, huh? :(

:hug: Of course you're welcome. :)

:hug:
Yay! The Aryan guys didn't want me in their club, because I've got Cherokee and Celtic blood. And my hair and eyes are brown.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Vlorkidor
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlorkidor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Absolutely nothing. Mutts are basically everyone, if you think about it. Somewhere down the line, someone in your family probably mixed. The only ancestry I know about are German and Scottish (and Norwegian, I guess), but when I think about it, I refer to the theory that all of man originated from Afica, then mirgrated.

The thing is, we're all somehow mixed.

African.
^Shit's so cash
I listen to dubstep and my name is Lucas. I don't have to listen to you.
(An unmatched left parenthesis will create a tension that will last with you all day.
"[...] I'll give you a bad case of 'someone just shot me in the head' if you don't hurry up!"

-John Marston
AY
AY
AY YO
AY YO BOY
DEM SHOES
LOOK AT DEM SHOES

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Nothing is wrong with that.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General