NATION

PASSWORD

God exists?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Wasteland
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: God exists?

Postby The Black Wasteland » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Its a hard question, I would say yes but without as much power as we seem to give them, there has to be some being because if the universe has always been then we would have never reached this time, therefore it had to have been created. Even if this world is just someone's imagination.
Officially The United Empire of Isolia.

I survived the Superdragonslayer Armageddon of August 2010

Win Quotes:
Niur Posted: Feb 23 2010, 08:52 PM
What do you mean dbz? would half the RP be composed of "HAAHHHHHAAAAAAHHH!" and other various grunts?

Gyronomics: Being single doesn't mean you're alone, you still have your friends, and more importantly, your computer.

Enadail
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Enadail » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Altergo wrote:Or there are numerous heavens and hells, one of each for each religion, and you will be judged the way that religion judges people

But then no religion is completely right, just somewhat right, as many claim that they are the right religion.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Altergo wrote:You can combine science and religion. I mean if you look at the Big Bang Theory and Genesis there are some similarities.

No, you really can't. But you can accept each by keeping them separate.

You can keep them separate but I don't think compartmentalization of the mind is a healthy practice, so I looked at them together and concluded that they can't be put together and that I must choose one or the other if I want a coherent worldview. Since religion alone is incoherent, I went with science.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Altergo
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Altergo wrote:

Point being that any religion could be right, and any religion can be wrong.

Or all religions are right

Or that " only " faith in Jesus is the only way to Heaven. :eyebrow:[/quote]
Hey, i go to church, I'm a christian, I just act neutral towards other religions.

Enadail
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Enadail » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Kormanthor wrote:Or that " only " faith in Jesus is the only way to Heaven. :eyebrow:

So.... you've got nothing left to say but to ask us to be open minded while you keep yours shut. kthxbye

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Altergo wrote:

Why not? Perhaps the afterlife is exactly what you believe it to be and your place in it is exactly where you believe you deserve to be. Maybe faith is the only thing that matters.

Or there are numerous heavens and hells, one of each for each religion, and you will be judged the way that religion judges people[/quote]

Thats the lie that Satan wants you to believe so he won't be stuck in hell with just the fallen angels. Faith in Jesus is the only way .... there is no other way.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:At least until we get the LHC working again. ;)

Do you mean that the LHC will disprove god or that the LHC will open a portal to heaven?
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Altergo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Enadail wrote:
Altergo wrote:Or there are numerous heavens and hells, one of each for each religion, and you will be judged the way that religion judges people

But then no religion is completely right, just somewhat right, as many claim that they are the right religion.

Yeah, that's been proved in history

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Enadail wrote:
Kormanthor wrote:Or that " only " faith in Jesus is the only way to Heaven. :eyebrow:

So.... you've got nothing left to say but to ask us to be open minded while you keep yours shut. kthxbye

Why should I open my mind to lies straight from hell ?

Enadail
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Enadail » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Kormanthor wrote: Thats the lie that Satan wants you to believe so he won't be stuck in hell with just the fallen angels. Faith in Jesus is the only way .... there is no other way.

Is preaching against the rules of this forum? At the least, I'm pretty sure this is now trolling? I wish the ability to quote properly was at least warnable...

Kormanthor wrote:Why should I open my mind to lies straight from hell ?

I'm from hell now? Given how you're presenting your religion, that's pretty high praise.
Last edited by Enadail on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altergo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Altergo wrote:

Why not? Perhaps the afterlife is exactly what you believe it to be and your place in it is exactly where you believe you deserve to be. Maybe faith is the only thing that matters.

Or there are numerous heavens and hells, one of each for each religion, and you will be judged the way that religion judges people

Thats the lie that Satan wants you to believe so he won't be stuck in hell with just the fallen angels. Faith in Jesus is the only way .... there is no other way. [/quote]
Your quotes are wrong, i never wrote that, and i why are you pointing me out, all of these other people have said "Heresy" but you haven't pointed them out. Picking on a fellow christian i assume.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Is repetedly writing threads asking if God really exists Trolling ? I'm just answering the question that was asked.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Kormanthor wrote: Is repetedly writing threads asking if God really exists Trolling ? I'm just answering the question that was asked.

If it is by the same person, yes, yes it is, and will be treated as such, I assure you....

However, this hasnt been the case, as opposed to your answers, ;)

Omega Uliza
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Uliza » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Enadail wrote:
Kormanthor wrote: Thats the lie that Satan wants you to believe so he won't be stuck in hell with just the fallen angels. Faith in Jesus is the only way .... there is no other way.

Is preaching against the rules of this forum? At the least, I'm pretty sure this is now trolling? I wish the ability to quote properly was at least warnable...

I'm from hell now? Given how you're presenting your religion, that's pretty high praise.

If it was...we wouldn't have to worry about people constantly stating the weirdest of things...like..

I don't know...continual statements with no evidence?
Merry old winters oh merry old winters,
Eye of the eye oh can't you see?
Can't you see it has always been me,
Love of my life oh love of my life....

Enadail
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Enadail » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Kormanthor wrote:Is repetedly writing threads asking if God really exists Trolling ? I'm just answering the question that was asked

You're no longer answering the question, just preaching.

Evidence or even debate would be welcome.

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Omega Uliza wrote:

But that doesn't prove that God exists. Just like what the whole thread is about.

I don't have to prove God exist, you have to prove to me that he doesn't. :)

I don't have to prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, you have to prove to me he doesn't. :) :) :) :)

Because dismissing opponents as being "straight from hell" and "liars" is just an ad hominem fallacy. I might as well just dismiss you as being a lunatic. Except of course, that lunatics exist, while hell is a mythical fairy land.

Omega Uliza
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Uliza » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Kormanthor wrote: Is repetedly writing threads asking if God really exists Trolling ? I'm just answering the question that was asked.

I think it is...considering you're not contributing to the debate. You're just providing your opinion. Your opinion is nice and respected due to your right of having an opinion. But this is where intelligent people contribute to the furtherment of thought...and well...your replies are little more than the annoying child standing by the adult's table during dinner time.

I don't mean that in a rude way, but if it comes across that way, I apologize. You need to say something worthy of debate, not just conversation.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Altergo wrote:You can combine science and religion. I mean if you look at the Big Bang Theory and Genesis there are some similarities.

No, you really can't. But you can accept each by keeping them separate.

You can keep them separate but I don't think compartmentalization of the mind is a healthy practice, so I looked at them together and concluded that they can't be put together and that I must choose one or the other if I want a coherent worldview. Since religion alone is incoherent, I went with science.

One of the benefits of being me is that I have a much less firm view of God and Jesus than you'll find in your organized religions so I really don't find much contradiction. Hence very little compartmentalization if any. For example, it really doesn't bother me at all when science contradicts the Bible, because I've pretty much already ruled out it being inerrant anyway. Even if Science weren't around, I would have rejected the one dimensional characaitures of almighty deities anyway. I think it's an insult to think that a hypothetical being like God could possibly be so petty.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Altergo wrote:
Kormanthor wrote:
Altergo wrote:

Or there are numerous heavens and hells, one of each for each religion, and you will be judged the way that religion judges people

Thats the lie that Satan wants you to believe so he won't be stuck in hell with just the fallen angels. Faith in Jesus is the only way .... there is no other way.

Your quotes are wrong, i never wrote that, and i why are you pointing me out, all of these other people have said "Heresy" but you haven't pointed them out. Picking on a fellow christian i assume.[/quote]

Christians believe that Christ Jesus is the only way to Heaven, that is all I was trying to point out.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Kormanthor wrote: I guess we know where your going if you don't change that bad attitude don't we ? :eyebrow:

Apparently, for all your patronising preachy-ness, you've never actually read your bible.
I identify as
a problem

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Phenia wrote:
Kormanthor wrote:
Omega Uliza wrote:

But that doesn't prove that God exists. Just like what the whole thread is about.

I don't have to prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, you have to prove to me he doesn't. :) :) :) :)

But the flying spaghetti monster does exist! He is the only way to get into heaven, and all who commit heresy towards it, and his pirates, you will go to hell!!!

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Christians believe that Christ Jesus is the only way to Heaven, that is all I was trying to point out.

And it has been shown that that belief is just as valid or invalid as any other, you simply keep stating it as if this is not the case, ;)

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Omega Uliza wrote:

No one has to prove he doesn't exist, unless you're also going to argue that we NEED to disprove the existence of fairies, goblins, and little green men.
I identify as
a problem

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:At least until we get the LHC working again. ;)

Do you mean that the LHC will disprove god or that the LHC will open a portal to heaven?

Yes. :)
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Omega Uliza
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Uliza » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Kormanthor wrote:

And it has been shown that that belief is just as valid or invalid as any other, you simply keep stating it as if this is not the case, ;)

That's a much nicer way of saying it than I did...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General