NATION

PASSWORD

A procedure known only as 'Procedure 110-Montauk'

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:58 am

Vetok wrote:Looking at the article, I'm going to say this 'Procedure 110-Montauk' is possibly supposed to be group rape with the purposes of facilitating pregnancy.

The group deals with FAR worse than a group rape. I doubt they would keep the Procedure under such wraps if it were that. Every time the Procedure is NOT performed, SCP-231-X gives birth to SCP-231-(X+1), causing a [REDACTED] Event. One would think it was a form of abortion, not trying to impregnate the SCP.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 am

I am going to say that the writer doesn't even know what this Montauk procedure is...

But I'll speculate anyway:

It's most likely a draining or capping procedure of the subject's power, which has something to do with the "birth" of another subject. This subject is probably the real culprit and the "draining" is most likely some sort of abortion.
Now, a human abortion really doesn't require all the shit that's in the process report, so what's coming out of this subject certainly isn't human OR the subject itself isn't human or entirely human in the first place. The subject does not conceive these "children" voluntarily, which is why they are keeping them alive, because they believe that there is hope for the subject.
What gets me is the consciousness of the patient. Why do they need to be conscious? Surely if the focus is on the abortion it doesn't matter if the subject is asleep. What I think is that the "mother" has to carry the "baby" through to let's say halfway through the actual birth process on (her) own. This is probably the only way to complete the abortion without killing the "mother". She has to stay conscious, perhaps because it takes conscious thought to get the "baby" to a stage where it can be removed and disposed of without harming the "mother".
So it's an abortion that requires the "mother" to help in some way, in which she must be conscious to do so. Then, (she) becomes pregnant again through some kind of asexual reproduction process or a third party using (her) as a vessel for its own sickening reproduction purposes.

So there you go, that still doesn't light much up but I think we may be onto something.
Last edited by The Western Reaches on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:22 am

Kwewu wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:SCP-682 and SCP-079 are both relatively interesting - SCP-079 being more so.
There is apparently no SCP-173 though.

SCP-682 is NASTY. SCP-079 i haven't read yet. This is SCP-173

I'm scared to click, I just woke up in the middle of the night? Can you tell me what it is?

The SCP site is fascinating, but it will fuck up your brain.

Anyways the procedure is probably rape with some incredibly painful high-tech device. Perhaps it's somehow powered by suffering or something, so she needs to be awake.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 am

The Western Reaches wrote:I am going to say that the writer doesn't even know what this Montauk procedure is...

It's most likely a draining or capping procedure of the subject's power, which has something to do with the "birth" of another subject. This subject is probably the real culprit and the "draining" is most likely some sort of abortion.
Now, a human abortion really doesn't require all the shit that's in the process report, so what's coming out of this subject certainly isn't human OR the subject itself isn't human or entirely human in the first place. The subject does not conceive these "children" voluntarily, which is why they are keeping them alive, because they believe that there is hope for the subject.
What gets me is the consciousness of the patient. Why do they need to be conscious? Surely if the focus is on the abortion it doesn't matter if the subject is asleep. What I think is that the "mother" has to carry the "baby" through to let's say halfway through the actual birth process on (her) own. This is probably the only way to complete the abortion without killing the "mother". She has to stay conscious, perhaps because it takes conscious thought to get the "baby" to a stage where it can be removed and disposed of without harming the "mother".
So it's an abortion that requires the "mother" to help in some way, in which she must be conscious to do so. Then, (she) becomes pregnant again through some kind of asexual reproduction process or a third party using (her) as a vessel for its own sickening reproduction purposes.

So there you go, that still doesn't light much up but I think we may be onto something.

You might actually be on to something. She must be conscious because the Procedure works best, or maybe even just plain 'ol works at all, when SCP-231-7 is under extreme emotional distress. The reason as to why is unknown. Death of SCP-231-X results in the birth of SCP-231-(X+1), which is why they're keeping her alive. With each subsequent birth of SCP-231-(X+1), it becomes harder and harder to contain, and brings the world closer and closer to the brink of destruction. So, from what i have gathered myself, Procedure 110-Montauk is a form of abortion designed to bring maximum emotional distress to SCP-231-7 that requires 6 apparent sociopath pedophiles. I have yet to work out the gritty details, though...

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:24 am

Meryuma wrote:
Kwewu wrote:
SCP-682 is NASTY. SCP-079 i haven't read yet. This is SCP-173

I'm scared to click, I just woke up in the middle of the night? Can you tell me what it is?

Anyways the procedure is probably rape with some incredibly painful high-tech device. Perhaps it's somehow powered by suffering or something, so she needs to be awake.

I'm not telling you exactly what it is. But i WILL say this.
Don't bilnk

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 am

Kwewu wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

Don't bilnk

I checked, I've read it before, it's pretty creepy.

The "Red Sea Object" is both fascinating, wonderfully detailed and terrifying. The flesh virus thing from Siberia is pretty horrific too.

I like how some of the SCPs are merely strange, others are dangerous but not really frightening, and others are completely terrifying.
Last edited by Meryuma on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 am

Kwewu wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

Don't bilnk

I'm gonna guess weeping angels, they're almost as creepy as the gas-mask people in "The Empty Child" episode.

Doctor Who has some pretty fucked up moments.
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 am

The Western Reaches wrote:
Kwewu wrote:
Don't bilnk

I'm gonna guess weeping angels, they're almost as creepy as the gas-mask people in "The Empty Child" episode.

From what i gather, SCP-173 was written WAY before Dr. Who. Heck, the entire site is a precursor to Warehouse 13.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 am

Since we're discussing a collaborative horror/sci-fi/modern fantasy setting, shouldn't this be in A&F?
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 am

Meryuma wrote:Since we're discussing a collaborative horror/sci-fi/modern fantasy setting, shouldn't this be in A&F?

It WAS a discussion on what Procedure 110-Montauk is. Might i suggest getting back on topic?

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:32 am

Kwewu wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:I'm gonna guess weeping angels, they're almost as creepy as the gas-mask people in "The Empty Child" episode.

From what i gather, SCP-173 was written WAY before Dr. Who. Heck, the entire site is a precursor to Warehouse 13.

Yeah, I just wanted to jump on the Doctor Who reference.

I seriously doubt the site was written before the original Doctor Who episodes, but I agree it may be written after the Weeping Angels episode.

I stand by my abortion theory, what do you think about it?

EDIT: Only now saw your post. :)
Last edited by The Western Reaches on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:34 am

Kwewu wrote:

I seriously doubt the site was written before the original Doctor Who episodes, but I agree it may be written after the Weeping Angels episode.

EDIT: Only now saw your post. :)

I think you touched on a few points. There are holes in both of ours, such as the heightened state of emotional distress and such, though.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:34 am

Kwewu wrote:

Makes sense, but so does mine... what about high-tech abortion rape?

God this must sound weird out of context... and try to guess my reaction to a SCP thread at 2 AM.
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:38 am

Meryuma wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:Yeah, I just wanted to jump on the Doctor Who reference.

Makes sense, but so does mine... what about high-tech abortion rape?

God this must sound weird out of context... and try to guess my reaction to a SCP thread at 2 AM.

They're worried about the 'child' of SCP-231-X's child. Why would you want to impregnate SCP-231-X? Besides, since the procedure must be carried out every 24 hours, i think she's in a state of perpetual pregnancy.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 am

Meryuma wrote:Since we're discussing a collaborative horror/sci-fi/modern fantasy setting, shouldn't this be in A&F?

On that note, anyone care to make a thread about the site? And what're the SCP numbers of the Siberian virus and 'red sea object'?
I've so far read 173 (vision-frozen statue), 682 (some bizarre acid-slowed reptile), the one from the OP, the 'flooded house', the sphere that affects gravity and the mini-contained black hole.

The 'Hello Kitty Panties' are slightly funny.
Read the bottom of this one for a giggle.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 am

Kwewu wrote:
I am going to say that the writer doesn't even know what this Montauk procedure is...

You might actually be on to something. She must be conscious because the Procedure works best, or maybe even just plain 'ol works at all, when SCP-231-7 is under extreme emotional distress. The reason as to why is unknown. Death of SCP-231-X results in the birth of SCP-231-(X+1), which is why they're keeping her alive. With each subsequent birth of SCP-231-(X+1), it becomes harder and harder to contain, and brings the world closer and closer to the brink of destruction. So, from what i have gathered myself, Procedure 110-Montauk is a form of abortion designed to bring maximum emotional distress to SCP-231-7 that requires 6 apparent sociopath pedophiles. I have yet to work out the gritty details, though...

Hmmm, I'm going to assume that emotional stress somehow helps in the process, by stimulating the birth of the new subject. The "baby" needs to be in the birth process to be aborted, so it is necessary to induce birth before it can be removed.
Perhaps the "baby" subject is governed by a parasite, which is so ingrained in SCP-231-7 that it cannot be removed. It is using SCP-231-7 to give birth to its spawn, but every time it fails due to the abortion of its product, it attempts to rectify the situation by either producing a hardier or more powerful spawn that every time comes closer and closer to surviving the "abortion".

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:41 am

Meryuma wrote:...try to guess my reaction to a SCP thread at 2 AM.

A massive boner?

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:44 am

Kwewu wrote:

Hmmm, I'm going to assume that emotional stress somehow helps in the process, by stimulating the birth of the new subject. The "baby" needs to be in the birth process to be aborted, so it is necessary to induce birth before it can be removed.
Perhaps the "baby" subject is governed by a parasite, which is so ingrained in SCP-231-7 that it cannot be removed. It is using SCP-231-7 to give birth to its spawn, but every time it fails due to the abortion of its product, it attempts to rectify the situation by either producing a hardier or more powerful spawn that every time comes closer and closer to surviving the "abortion".

Sound theory. That would explain the heightened emotional state, as well as the Class A amnesiac use. There was no mention of a parasite, but it hasn't been ruled out either. I would assume from the time frame, that the 'parasite' has an astonishingly fast reproduction rate, and that it's either asexual, or male.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:45 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:

On that note, anyone care to make a thread about the site? And what're the SCP numbers of the Siberian virus and 'red sea object'?
I've so far read 173 (vision-frozen statue), 682 (some bizarre acid-slowed reptile), the one from the OP, the 'flooded house', the sphere that affects gravity and the mini-contained black hole.

The ones you asked about In the 620s and the 90s respectively.

And I love the lighter SCPs, they give you something to calm you down after being utterly freaked out by the serious ones along w/ establishing that SCPS are all strange but not all malevolent, which makes them far more interesting.

Anyone think the Slender Man, Smile.DOG, Candle Cove and the other creepypasta could be tied into the SCP universe pretty easily?

Meryuma wrote:...try to guess my reaction to a SCP thread at 2 AM.

A massive boner?

Well, I was excited, but not in that way.

Sort of nostalgic (I haven't been to that site for months) and somewhat creeped-out.
Last edited by Meryuma on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 am

Meryuma wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:On that note, anyone care to make a thread about the site? And what're the SCP numbers of the Siberian virus and 'red sea object'?

The ones you asked about In the 620s and the 90s respectively.

And I love the lighter SCPs, they give you something to calm you down after being utterly freaked out by the serious ones along w/ establishing that SCPS are all strange but not all malevolent, which makes them far more interesting.

Anyone think the Slender Man, Smile.DOG, Candle Cove and the other creepypasta could be tied into the SCP universe pretty easily?

Allow me to make an SCP thread... Here you go.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 am

Kwewu wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:Hmmm, I'm going to assume that emotional stress somehow helps in the process, by stimulating the birth of the new subject. The "baby" needs to be in the birth process to be aborted, so it is necessary to induce birth before it can be removed.

Sound theory. That would explain the heightened emotional state, as well as the Class A amnesiac use. There was no mention of a parasite, but it hasn't been ruled out either. I would assume from the time frame, that the 'parasite' has an astonishingly fast reproduction rate, and that it's either asexual, or male.

What I want to know is whether the subject needs to be fed either a high-energy diet or a specific diet. Something can't come from nothing so this parasite or the "baby" will need energy, with surplus energy added to keep the subject alive too. If the mother is fed normal food, food that will not kill her as it enters her bowel, then we can assume that whatever is inside her is a carbon-based life form, and is compatible with her metabolism. So, it is not indestructible, but it learns fast and react in 24 hours to more potent methods of abortion. The only solution would be a retro-virus that targets the baby-producing agent or organism in the mother. This takes time to engineer, which I think is why they're pushing their luck and letting the mother live as more dangerous spawn are produced each time.

This is quite an intriguing website, it would be so cool to have an RP of the SCP facility...

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 am

The Western Reaches wrote:This is quite an intriguing website, it would be so cool to have an RP of the SCP facility...

Hellz to the yeah.
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 am

Kwewu wrote:

What I want to know is whether the subject needs to be fed either a high-energy diet or a specific diet. Something can't come from nothing so this parasite or the "baby" will need energy, with surplus energy added to keep the subject alive too. If the mother is fed normal food, food that will not kill her as it enters her bowel, then we can assume that whatever is inside her is a carbon-based life form, and is compatible with her metabolism. So, it is not indestructible, but it learns fast and react in 24 hours to more potent methods of abortion. The only solution would be a retro-virus that targets the baby-producing agent or organism in the mother. This takes time to engineer, which I think is why they're pushing their luck and letting the mother live as more dangerous spawn are produced each time.

This is quite an intriguing website, it would be so cool to have an RP of the SCP facility...

The SCP-231-(X+1) doesn't get stronger with each 'pregnancy', only each 'birth'. I would assume that it undergoes a RAPID mutation once outside of SCP-231-X, thus making it hard to control.

The Western Reaches
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 am

Meryuma wrote:
The Western Reaches wrote:This is quite an intriguing website, it would be so cool to have an RP of the SCP facility...

Hellz to the yeah.

If Kwewu or someone else doesn't do this then I'd definitely be interested in starting it.

Kwewu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwewu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 am

Meryuma wrote:
Hellz to the yeah.

If Kwewu or someone else doesn't do this then I'd definitely be interested in starting it.

I have no clue how RP's here work. But i guess i can give it a shot. Someone would need to start it and link it, though. Thanks for the ideas on Procedure 110-Montauk. Maybe i'll actually write a step-by-step on it and submit it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General