NATION

PASSWORD

What Does Sex Mean to You?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heicliffe
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Heicliffe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:40 pm

The first time it was a harrowing, awkward, confusing, step into 'adult' life.

We will ignore that we were both sixteen and rather stupid. :p

Now its something special I share with my fiancee, as well as an activity we may enjoy a tad too much. :blush:
UT ENIM AD MONTES
Over the Mountains

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:40 pm

uhh wat is a sex? were can i find one???
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

I think that Sex is an Act of love

I hate it when people throw it away like it's nothing
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Manisdog
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Manisdog wrote:The whole artificial reproduction and regulating production through supply and demand thing will not really work. We still need people to have sex. When people from the working class reproduce they reproduce more cheap labor in the long run and thus sex is necessary from an economic point of view and mainly for the survival of the human race

Well, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Most people will have the social skills to wind up finding someone to have sex with eventually. The people in the "forever alone" camp are really just in the minority and will die off without consequence to the human race overall.

Yes people especially in the lower economic strata should have sex

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Manisdog wrote:
Torisakia wrote:How exactly will artificial reproduction not work?

And I don't accept "muh labor" as an answer.

If it is possible than I am happy, I read this novel a long time ago where people are produced and production is regulated according to supply and demand, this is possibly only in novels, aritificial insemination is too costly

It's honestly a relatively easy procedure now
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Manisdog wrote:
Torisakia wrote:How exactly will artificial reproduction not work?

And I don't accept "muh labor" as an answer.

If it is possible than I am happy, I read this novel a long time ago where people are produced and production is regulated according to supply and demand, this is possibly only in novels, aritificial insemination is too costly

I fail to see how supply and demand relates to producing people. You can still supply a highly demanded good with less people. Sure, it may be challenging, but it's possible.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Manisdog
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Manisdog wrote:

I fail to see how supply and demand relates to producing people. You can still supply a highly demanded good with less people. Sure, it may be challenging, but it's possible.

There was this interesting novel i read where people are produced in accordance with the demand for people

forget the name

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Phoenixfox wrote:Vaginal intercourse between a husband and wife.

Then why did God put a man's g spot in his asshole?

Case closed.

While I'm not opposed to homosexuals and respect their right to marry I don't want anything resembling a penis near my anus.

Manisdog
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Overall people from the lower economic strate should breed as this provides industry with cheaper labour and thus a better standard of living

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Manisdog wrote:Overall people from the lower economic strate should breed as this provides industry with cheaper labour and thus a better standard of living
This may come as a shock to you, but human beings have value outside of their economic position.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Manisdog wrote:Yes people especially in the lower economic strata should have sex

They already do, but I'm for the middle and rich classes being able to do so as well. But not everyone from any of the economic classes is going to be successful in that, and still some people are genuinely asexual.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Mammo
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mammo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Cetacea wrote:Sex is awesome and should be shared:)

Sex is a great way of interacting with friends and acquaintances.Yes there is a degree of intimacy and is not meaningless but the emotional attachment so people invest in sex is more than necessary.

There'd be no allure to sex if you could have it at any given time with anyone.

This is how I see it. Sometimes.
Mammo was born In Scandinavia and U.K, January 2110.

"Humans be violent"
-The Mammotonburg Group

Mammo
Spokesperson

Postby Mammo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Mammo wrote:
Sebastianbourg wrote:There'd be no allure to sex if you could have it at any given time with anyone.

This is how I see it. Sometimes.

Never had it though.

"Humans be violent"
-The Mammotonburg Group

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Manisdog wrote:Overall people from the lower economic strate should breed as this provides industry with cheaper labour and thus a better standard of living

So fuck each other senseless to give the Bourgeoisie better lives?
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Manisdog
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
This may come as a shock to you, but human beings have value outside of their economic position.

I am sure they do but I was merely pondering about the potential benefits society can gain from sex ?

Manisdog
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Torisakia wrote:

No they would get an extra hand thus extra income

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:53 pm

It should be noted that this equation no longer necessarily works, because of automation making it harder to employ people across many industries.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Mammo
Spokesperson

Postby Mammo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Heicliffe wrote:The first time it was a harrowing, awkward, confusing, step into 'adult' life.

We will ignore that we were both sixteen and rather stupid. :p

Now its something special I share with my fiancee, as well as an activity we may enjoy a tad too much. :blush:

:D

"Humans be violent"
-The Mammotonburg Group

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Manisdog wrote:
Torisakia wrote:So fuck each other senseless to give the Bourgeoisie better lives?

not in the developed world, in which children are dependents.
Last edited by Othelos on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Manisdog wrote:
Torisakia wrote:So fuck each other senseless to give the Bourgeoisie better lives?

Now, does that extra income pay for the upbringing of the child?

Manisdog
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manisdog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Saiwania wrote:

It should be noted that this equation no longer necessarily works, because of automation making it harder to employ people across many industries.

You know more unemployed people there are the cheaper it gets

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Manisdog wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:This may come as a shock to you, but human beings have value outside of their economic position.

I am sure they do but I was merely pondering about the potential benefits society can gain from sex ?

social bonding. people who are isolated can have a range of issues, so multiply that over a mass scale and society will have issues.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 pm

sex
seks/Submit
noun
(chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.
"he enjoyed talking about sex"
synonyms: sexual intercourse, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, sex act, (sexual) relations; More
euphemistic
a person's genitals.
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
"adults of both sexes"
synonyms: gender
"adults of both sexes"
the fact of belonging to one of the sexes.
"direct discrimination involves treating someone less favorably on the grounds of their sex"
the group of all members of either sex.
"she was well known for her efforts to improve the social condition of her sex"
"adults of both sexes"
verb
verb: sex; 3rd person present: sexes; past tense: sexed; past participle: sexed; gerund or present participle: sexing
determine the sex of.
"sexing chickens"
informal
present something in a more interesting or lively way.
"the department set up a task force to help sex up the concept of conserving water"
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Torisakia wrote:

It's actually an issue when third-world countries have reproduce well above the average of developed nations. This tends to occur because children secure the parents' futures and because it's expected most of them will die. It ends up causing a lot more problems for the global economy and health than it solves for the individual parents.
One might argue that inhabitants of undeveloped nations can't be equated to lower class citizens as a whole, but this can be safely disregarded; the argument we respond to effectively assumes a global economy and likely looks forward to a single world-state. Apparently not a very equal one.

In essence, poor people having children in order to send them into the workforce hurts both the wealthy and the poor in the long term.
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
sex
seks/Submit
noun
(chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.
"he enjoyed talking about sex"
synonyms: sexual intercourse, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, sex act, (sexual) relations; More
euphemistic
a person's genitals.
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
"adults of both sexes"
"adults of both sexes"
the fact of belonging to one of the sexes.
"direct discrimination involves treating someone less favorably on the grounds of their sex"
the group of all members of either sex.
"she was well known for her efforts to improve the social condition of her sex"
"adults of both sexes"
verb
verb: sex; 3rd person present: sexes; past tense: sexed; past participle: sexed; gerund or present participle: sexing
determine the sex of.
"sexing chickens"
informal
present something in a more interesting or lively way.
"the department set up a task force to help sex up the concept of conserving water"

so you're a dictionary

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General