NATION

PASSWORD

US Gen. Election Thread VI: You've Got E-Mail

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Regardless of Who You Support, Who Will Win The Electoral College on Tuesday and By What Margin?

Clinton >150
3%
Clinton 110-150
6%
Clinton 70-110
15%
Clinton 30 - 70
29%
Clinton 30 <
15%
Trump 30 <
21%
Trump 30 - 70
3%
Trump 70 -110
1%
Trump 110 - 150
1%
Trump >150
5%

Total votes : 356

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 am

Vladivostokava wrote:Hillary is a traitor to the US people. She has got many good soldiers killed and many more will follow if she take power. She needs to be in jail. No questions.

That's a shame. I have many.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 am

Vladivostokava wrote:
Khadgar wrote:
I'm absolutely disgusted with the media's refusal to call Donald on his shit. I'm disgusted they treat emails as worse than sexual assault. Democracy only works if the electorate has good information and they're not keeping up their end of the deal.

sexual assault is horrible, absolutly horrible and he should be barred. I agree. But the emails could possibly put many peoples lives at risk. The lives of US soldiers and gov agents are far more important than some idiots locker-room mouth.

"The emails could possibly put many peoples lives at risk" so i see what you mean, there could be confidential material that we dont want terrorists to know in these emails. So maybe THEY ARE CONFIDENTIAL FOR A REASON BECAUSE WE DONT WANT ANY OLD LARRY TO KNOW ABOUT TOP SECRET US PLANS.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:34 am

Vladivostokava wrote:
Khadgar wrote:
I'm absolutely disgusted with the media's refusal to call Donald on his shit. I'm disgusted they treat emails as worse than sexual assault. Democracy only works if the electorate has good information and they're not keeping up their end of the deal.

sexual assault is horrible, absolutly horrible and he should be barred. I agree. But the emails could possibly put many peoples lives at risk. The lives of US soldiers and gov agents are far more important than some idiots locker-room mouth.

apparently not or that stuff would be out there now. the emails have been reviewed and there was nothing dangerous in them.
whatever

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:34 am

I can't wait until 2019. Donald Trump has proven that literally nothing is disqualifying when it comes to running for president. Nothing.

Charles Manson 2020!

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:35 am

Galloism wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:Hillary is a traitor to the US people. She has got many good soldiers killed and many more will follow if she take power. She needs to be in jail. No questions.

If you have evidence of that you should present it. Congress would probably open a 9th Benghazi investigation if it's good. Or not good.

Or for pretty much any reason really.

Benghazi was not treason. Just incompetence. Same with the email thing.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:35 am

Khadgar wrote:I can't wait until 2019. Donald Trump has proven that literally nothing is disqualifying when it comes to running for president. Nothing.

Charles Manson 2020!

Kanye West 2020.

You know you want to see it happen.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Novus America wrote:
Galloism wrote:If you have evidence of that you should present it. Congress would probably open a 9th Benghazi investigation if it's good. Or not good.

Or for pretty much any reason really.

Oddly enough the Benghazi investigations focused on Clinton when the incompetence was Congress' refusal to fund better security. Can't imagine why.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Khadgar wrote:I can't wait until 2019. Donald Trump has proven that literally nothing is disqualifying when it comes to running for president. Nothing.

Charles Manson 2020!

pffft

hes too old
whatever

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Charles Manson 2020!

Let's not forget Mark Cuban too :p
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:37 am

Khadgar wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Oddly enough the Benghazi investigations focused on Clinton when the incompetence was Congress' refusal to fund better security. Can't imagine why.

my sister showed me a video the other day of chaffetz on cnn bragging about not funding extra Libyan security. I bet he never bragged about it a second time.
whatever

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:37 am

Freefall11111 wrote:

Charles Manson 2020!

Kanye West 2020.

You know you want to see it happen.

My cat 2020
He loves all types of cats, and doesnt have an email account.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:38 am

Ashmoria wrote:

Charles Manson 2020!

pffft

hes too old

Jared Fogel perhaps?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:38 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Umm literally hundreds of laws have been passed under Obama. They have worked with the other side. I agree they should hold a hearing on the supreme court nominee and a up or down vote, but you are moving the goal posts. That has not be the cause of our sluggish economy.

no the lack of stimulus and investment in infrastructure has held back the economy

it has recovered anyway but the republicans caused pain for millions of families because they wanted to make Obama a one term president.

Did Obama even submit a stimulus bill? And who is going to pay for it? And they have every right to disagree, stimulus is just a temporary thing and not some silver bullet. They have no duty to pass a stimulus bill. Which will do nothing to solve structural economic problems anyways.

Again you want a stimulus bill, so they have to agree with you. Their job is not to do whatever you mandate.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:39 am

Zurkerx wrote:

Charles Manson 2020!

I wonder if he could actually win.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:39 am

Charles Manson 2020!

You've only got that half right. Donald Trump proved that nothing is disqualifying when running for president if you're a Republican.

If you're a Democrat, though, clearly it doesn't matter if you haven't even done anything wrong, you're automatically disqualified.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:41 am

Khadgar wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Well there is enough incompetence to go around. But you can also point out bombing Libya with zero plan on what to do after was also incompetent.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:42 am

Noahs Second Country wrote:Imagine this:
McMullin wins Utah
Neither Trump nor Clinton gets 270 votes.
It goes to the House
The House is divided
They go for the vanilla option: McMullin

Utah wouldn't be enough to stop either, or at least Hillary, from getting 270. But if they both didn't, odds are the house would elect Trump, and the senate would elect Pence.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:42 am

Charles Manson 2020!

Hey if Donald Trump loses on Tuesday, I wouldn't put it past him to run again in 2020

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 am

Khadgar wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:pffft

hes too old

Jared Fogel perhaps?

now THERE is a nice young man with good personal accomplishments.

and he can pardon himself so that he is free to work out of the oval office.
whatever

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 am

Freefall11111 wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

I wonder if he could actually win.

well, he ain't insane and while he lacks political experience, he would be good, at least better than Trump.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:

Charles Manson 2020!

Hey if Donald Trump loses on Tuesday, I wouldn't put it past him to run again in 2020

Surely he wouldn't.

Then again, he has no shame or the capacity to ever admit he did anything wrong.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Hittanryan wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Umm literally hundreds of laws have been passed under Obama. They have worked with the other side. I agree they should hold a hearing on the supreme court nominee and a up or down vote, but you are moving the goal posts. That has not be the cause of our sluggish economy.

I won't comment on what did or didn't fix the economy, but don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. The 113th and the 114th Congresses were two of the least productive in US history. The Republicans voted as a bloc against the ACA, shut down the government over raising the debt ceiling, couldn't pass a budget to save their lives, fought tooth and nail against the Iran deal, refused to invest in repairing our deteriorating infrastructure, refused to pass gun control measures which a majority of gun owners (and Americans in general) support, made countless futile votes to repeal the ACA, and now they're talking about leaving Supreme Court vacant for four years if Clinton gets elected.

Congressional Republicans are obstructionist, and they have been since Obama took office in 2008. The fact that these do-nothing Republicans have no accomplishments of their own and tried to distract their base with conspiracy theories likely played a part in Trump's nomination.

Look I am no Republican. But they where not the only obstructionists. Both sides could have done more. Both sides failed. Both parties failed.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Freefall11111 wrote:I wonder if he could actually win.

well, he ain't insane and while he lacks political experience, he would be good, at least better than Trump.

He's rich enough to self-fund, he clearly has an interest in politics, and he's very charismatic.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Im going for Chris Keniston .. anyone else?
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:

Charles Manson 2020!

Don't even say that out loud.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General