NATION

PASSWORD

Can the Republicans stop the Democrats?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 am

Camcuda wrote:Does anyone really know how much this will cost? There are too many issues to just fix healthcare over night. Republicans and Democrats just love to disagree about everything. How can WE THE PEOPLE get fair an unbiased information on this bill when they simply do not know what they are doing in the first place? We owe China over 5 billion dollars in loans already, so how can AMERICA afford health care? AMERICA is swimming in debt already and the dollar is nearly worthless. How much more burden can AMERICA with stand? As consumers WE THE PEOPLE know how much we can spend . When we are broke we can't get a lone unless we can prove we can pay it back with interest, yet our government still thinks we have money even if we have to deflate the dollar by printing more and more until it is just useless paper. The debt they are creating will be impossible to pay off in 3 generations life times. Something has to be done to stop this insanity. The government must be held accountable or all wil be lost.

cost is irrelevant.

the question is "will it be paid for?"

the answer to that question is "yes" according to the congressional budget office.

and better yet, if it WORKS (which it has some chance to) it wont just be revenue neutral to the federal government it will also be a great BOON to your own personal household budget as the price of health care and insurance doesnt spriral so out of control that you end up having to choose between insurance and rent.
whatever

Straughn
Senator

Founded: Apr 11, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Straughn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Camcuda wrote:Something has to be done to stop this insanity. The government must be held accountable or all wil be lost.
*gets chisel*
*gets tombstone*
*gets a cup of coffee*
*sigh*

Cennazluga
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Cennazluga » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 pm

tl;dr so I'll just respond to the OP question "can the rebubs stop the demos?"

To which I say the correct question is Can the Democrats stop the Democrats? And judging by history, the answer seems to be yes. As much as I would hope it not be the case for health care reform. The Dems seem to be moving more in the right direction lately in order to actually pass something, but they need to get their act together, to get this Act together.
beauty simplicity reason
Lenyo wrote:Cennazluga is God.
Economic Left/Right: -9.62 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28
[ NSWiki | NSEconomy | SunsetEconomy ]

I love you New Sociopia.

Scario
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scario » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Scario wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
Les Drapeaux Brulants wrote:
So what this comes down to is this, PrezBO is breaking his promise not to sign a health care bill that adds to the federal deficit, as well as his promise to look for more than a 50+1 solution to health care reform.

what part of the 60/40 vote did you miss?

Mister Obama said he would pass it if we liked it or not. you are SICK,SICK, man Mr.Obama .

when did he say that?

Pelosi said it but Mr. Obama agreed. But it is to late. 2ND DEPRESSION HERE I COME!!!
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Tyranny is a T Rex on it's period.
My dick CAN repel forces of any magnitude.
Tanks 50,000
5.2 million troops
Air force 100,000
Navy 400,000
In all, over 5,765,000!
Muslo- Scarian War: victory
Civil War: victory
Ireland Army Insertion: withdraw
Hai Lacky "
We made a deal to do this

Previous

Return to General