NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread VII: As Easy As Reich Two Three

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could ensure the survival of one empire at their height, which would it be?

1 - The German Empire
19%
2 - The French Empire
6%
3 - The Spanish Empire
5%
4 - The British Empire
24%
5 - The Mongol Empire
3%
6 - The Abbasid Caliphate
4%
7 - The Roman Empire
24%
8 - The Qing Dynasty
2%
9 - Imperial Japan
3%
10 - The Russian Empire
10%

Total votes : 497

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:39 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:The most primal of lessons and the most ubiquitous. Pretty effective if done well, for sure.

This is why I have private and public politics. It is entirely unlikely I'd ever be in any position of power, so it's better to advocate for more reasonable policies.

I generally don't plan for the instance where I do seize the reins of the most popular political cult in America, but in general being more reasonable is a good idea.
And you remind me of someone I know. Someone short, blonde and from the same state as TEM. Our mother of public and private policies the Saint Hillary of Chicago.
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:40 am

Wulfenia wrote:The British Empire never truly died - it's just biding it's time.

Soon®™

Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:40 am

The East Marches wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
This is why I have private and public politics. It is entirely unlikely I'd ever be in any position of power, so it's better to advocate for more reasonable policies.

Scylla knows whats up.

Well, duh!

It's the opposite of down. :p

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:41 am

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

I generally don't plan for the instance where I do seize the reins of the most popular political cult in America, but in general being more reasonable is a good idea.

It's the difference between me saying they should be given a fair trial, and my head saying they don't even need a trial.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I generally don't plan for the instance where I do seize the reins of the most popular political cult in America, but in general being more reasonable is a good idea.

It's the difference between me saying they should be given a fair trial, and my head saying they don't even need a trial.

Oh. Isn't that kind of like filtering what you say to people in general?
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:47 am

Lady Scylla wrote:

Oh. Isn't that kind of like filtering what you say to people in general?

Ehh. Perhaps it was a bad example. I mean more of, this is reasonable because it's rule of law, although I don't agree with it and would rather it go this way. So it's possible I might advocate for something and not actually believe in it, I just acknowledge it's probably the best way to go.

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 am

The East Marches wrote:
Wulfenia wrote:The British Empire never truly died - it's just biding it's time.

Soon®™

On the Final Day, they say that Mosley will rise from the grave and invade the United States to restore Perfidious Albion to it's rightful place.
P2TM's favorite Fascist catgirl
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:51 am

Wulfenia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Soon®™

On the Final Day, they say that Mosley will rise from the grave and invade the United States to restore Perfidious Albion to it's rightful place.

Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:51 am

Wulfenia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:Soon®™

England will return to Holy Mother Church? Because that is England's rightful place.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:52 am

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Wulfenia wrote:On the Final Day, they say that Mosley will rise from the grave and invade the United States to restore Perfidious Albion to it's rightful place.

England will return to Holy Mother Church? Because that is England's rightful place.

Does this mean I can't divorce my wife?

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am

Wulfenia wrote:On the Final Day, they say that Mosley will rise from the grave and invade the United States to restore Perfidious Albion to it's rightful place.

No, unfortunately, I doubt that restoring idolaters and crypto-Marxists is on Mosley's list of things to do.

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am

How can England return to something that's rightful place is never having existed?
P2TM's favorite Fascist catgirl
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Oh. Isn't that kind of like filtering what you say to people in general?

Ehh. Perhaps it was a bad example. I mean more of, this is reasonable because it's rule of law, although I don't agree with it and would rather it go this way. So it's possible I might advocate for something and not actually believe in it, I just acknowledge it's probably the best way to go.

Hmm. I'm going to try and comprehend this completely through analogy. So for example Dylann Roof's trial...if someone says "DO HIM LIKE THE SOVIETS DID POLITICAL PRISONERS" I might agree, after all he was going after causing a race war against my people. It would be my first impulse. But besides, that just makes us get closer to using kangaroo justice as a legit method and endorsing it on NS would get me in trouble with the mods (my biggest concern when posting shit). So I'd say no and reply with "let the trial continue". Is that it?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:04 am

Lady Scylla wrote:

Hmm. I'm going to try and comprehend this completely through analogy. So for example Dylann Roof's trial...if someone says "DO HIM LIKE THE SOVIETS DID POLITICAL PRISONERS" I might agree, after all he was going after causing a race war against my people. It would be my first impulse. But besides, that just makes us get closer to using kangaroo justice as a legit method and endorsing it on NS would get me in trouble with the mods (my biggest concern when posting shit). So I'd say no and reply with "let the trial continue". Is that it?

There are two situations:

Situation 1: You have power and just have him shot

Situation 2: You don't have power and must rely on the justice system yourself, therefore you want him to have a good trial as it benefits you the most.

Do you understand now?

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:06 am

The East Marches wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Hmm. I'm going to try and comprehend this completely through analogy. So for example Dylann Roof's trial...if someone says "DO HIM LIKE THE SOVIETS DID POLITICAL PRISONERS" I might agree, after all he was going after causing a race war against my people. It would be my first impulse. But besides, that just makes us get closer to using kangaroo justice as a legit method and endorsing it on NS would get me in trouble with the mods (my biggest concern when posting shit). So I'd say no and reply with "let the trial continue". Is that it?

There are two situations:

Situation 1: You have power and just have him shot

Situation 2: You don't have power and must rely on the justice system yourself, therefore you want him to have a good trial as it benefits you the most.

Do you understand now?

Very clearly.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:11 am

Lady Scylla wrote:

Pretty much. You have to realise that I'm a moral relativist. Barring a few exceptions, there is no definitive right or wrong, or black and white. The world is just grey. In that context, I feel we must do what is necessary when given the right reasons. A question asked sometime ago on NS was if your positions were negotiable -- for me, just about every position I have is negotiable. In some cases, depending, war crimes do not bother me. Torture doesn't bother me. Corruption doesn't bother me. I view the State as a body that has a framework, but is and must always be corrupt to some degree if anything is to actually get done.

The framework is more of.. boundaries it can operate within, some soft, some hard. Rights are merely privileges afforded when useful and beneficial -- but if need be, can be suspended. I can sit here and say that -- yes, I will uphold the humanitarian ideal in aiding and protecting my fellow man. In an apocalyptic situation however? Family comes first with me, I'll freely put down anyone in my way if it means securing my family. Things like that are what comprises of my private politics. Overall, I feel a lot of people don't do things -- not because they feel it's wrong, but because they don't want a prison sentence.
Last edited by Lady Scylla on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Counter-Enlightenment
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Counter-Enlightenment » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:22 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:I'll not hold my breath for it, but may this be the year the world comes to its senses and restores its rightful sovereigns - God and King.

Only if I can build a guillotine and start burning crosses.

Erm...

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:23 am

Counter-Enlightenment wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
Only if I can build a guillotine and start burning crosses.

Erm...

Yeah, we already figured out the problem with that.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:51 am

Lady Scylla wrote:I should note that, in my hypocrisy, I'd be perfectly fine with a Monarchy -- If I were the reigning Monarch. :p

Oh it's a common form of hypocrisy, who at one point has not disagreed with a sovereign, but desired to be one?

I do find the social contract to demand a great deal more for practical governance however. Power invested in as fragile an entity as a human life has a tendency to have revolting effects, though the most prevalent of arguments against republics is their inability to come to some sort of agreement until necessity itself demands it.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:57 am

Wulfenia wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:England will return to Holy Mother Church? Because that is England's rightful place.

How can England return to something that's rightful place is never having existed?

Last attempt was hellsing, and that did not end well at all.

Then again Anglican special obs Vampires and Catholic monsters do make for some rather fun encounters.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Counter-Enlightenment
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Counter-Enlightenment » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:01 am

Perfidious Albion, please.

Individual Thought Patterns
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Individual Thought Patterns » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:23 am

I prefer my empires in the trashbin, thanks.
Globalist • Neoliberal
“If soldiers are not to cross international boundaries on missions of war, goods must cross them on missions of peace.”
-Otto T. Mallery

Jumhuriyah Hindustan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumhuriyah Hindustan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:37 am

Individual Thought Patterns wrote:I prefer my empires in the trashbin, thanks.

high-five
☪اللہ اکبر☪
Proud member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation
THE REPUBLIC OF HINDUSTAN
Head of State: Prime Minister Abdullah Rahman
Capital City: Lahore
RP Population: 867,000,000
RP Military: 875,000 Active, 1,540,000 Reserves, 250,000 Paramilitary (2,665,000 Total)
Tech: MT
Factbook
Map
Chrinthanium wrote:No. There is no Blaatslutten here.
Alvecia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:One problem with that. A 707 didn't hit the towers a 757 did

50 arbitrary units of plane more than it could withstand

Individual Thought Patterns
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Individual Thought Patterns » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:45 am

Jumhuriyah Hindustan wrote:
Individual Thought Patterns wrote:I prefer my empires in the trashbin, thanks.

high-five

I mean I heavily disagree with communism (Not a Fucking McCarthyite) but okay sure.
Globalist • Neoliberal
“If soldiers are not to cross international boundaries on missions of war, goods must cross them on missions of peace.”
-Otto T. Mallery

Jumhuriyah Hindustan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumhuriyah Hindustan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:46 am

Individual Thought Patterns wrote:
Jumhuriyah Hindustan wrote:high-five

I mean I heavily disagree with communism (Not a Fucking McCarthyite) but okay sure.

eh at least we can agree on something
☪اللہ اکبر☪
Proud member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation
THE REPUBLIC OF HINDUSTAN
Head of State: Prime Minister Abdullah Rahman
Capital City: Lahore
RP Population: 867,000,000
RP Military: 875,000 Active, 1,540,000 Reserves, 250,000 Paramilitary (2,665,000 Total)
Tech: MT
Factbook
Map
Chrinthanium wrote:No. There is no Blaatslutten here.
Alvecia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:One problem with that. A 707 didn't hit the towers a 757 did

50 arbitrary units of plane more than it could withstand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General