NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Tekania wrote:
Kreigan wrote:Actually your wrong, marriage originally was a pagan ritual of which the father exchanged his daughter to another man for money or property. Women werrent looked at as people but more as property and so christanity and other religons took that and made it a ceremony involving god. Yet its funny that most divorces come from religous people who marry under god.

Now I have this going through my mind:

"Don't like her?! What's wrong with her? She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge... tracts of land."

:rofl: I love that one. My first Broadway show.
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 12:48 pm

NeoByzantine wrote:
Norstal wrote:Yes yes. I don't believe fundamentalists should get married either. We need less fundamentalists, not more.

funny 1 I AM NOT A F-ing BAPTIST. 2 NOR AM I FUNDALMENTILIST,3 i have nothing against gays, i have many gay and bisexual friends. 4 going to hell if your gay is a tennet of my religion, not my belief so forgive for being religious. 4 go eastern orthodox

Show me where it says "All gays go to hell", if you would.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Norstal wrote:I think they are talking about taxes.

I was unaware that gay people didn't pay taxes.

Holy shit. Do you think they're accepting applications?
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I was unaware that gay people didn't pay taxes.

Holy shit. Do you think they're accepting applications?

It's more of a 'hazing' entry process.
All life lessons can be found on Avenue Q.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Tekania wrote:Well, remember, nuns would beat kids for being left-handed.

Hence why every time I encounter a nun, I wake up in a jail cell with 13 broken rulers and an assault charge.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:14 pm

I believe that if they want rights, they should fight for them. Not fight by using politicians and lawyers to force them to have rights, but fight like the American's did against the British. If they are truly worthy of rights, then they should be able to use force to convince us of that.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue May 17, 2011 1:16 pm

NeoByzantine wrote:i have no problems with gays, but be gay ur going to hell

"I have no problem with gays, but they should be tortured in a lake of fire for all eternity".
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Meryuma wrote:
NeoByzantine wrote:i have no problems with gays, but be gay ur going to hell

"I have no problem with gays, but they should be tortured in a lake of fire for all eternity".

I like that idea. Can I roast them and serve them on pizza, too? :p

Final text here.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Hathradic States wrote:I believe that if they want rights, they should fight for them. Not fight by using politicians and lawyers to force them to have rights, but fight like the American's did against the British. If they are truly worthy of rights, then they should be able to use force to convince us of that.

Hahah

Haha

No.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Marcheria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Norstal wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I believe that if they want rights, they should fight for them. Not fight by using politicians and lawyers to force them to have rights, but fight like the American's did against the British. If they are truly worthy of rights, then they should be able to use force to convince us of that.

Hahah

Haha

No.

Funny idea though. The "Fabulous" Revolution...

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Norstal wrote:

Hahah

Haha

No.

Explain to me how anybody can have inherent rights in a secular state in any other way then by fighting for them? Where can the base their worth and their rights from without divine statement?

Final text here.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Right. And Liberals should use physical violence against Fascists, because if Fascists were worthy of rights, they'd win.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Explain to me how anybody can have inherent rights in a secular state in any other way then by fighting for them? Where can the base their worth and their rights from without divine statement?

Through the law. The law grants us certain rights considered legally to be inherent to our position as citizens of the country.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Right. And Liberals should use physical violence against Fascists, because if Fascists were worthy of rights, they'd win.

Yes. And Conservatives should use force against liberials. We'd win, too, since we believe in our guns.

Final text here.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

It just so happens that under the current powers that be, which did fight for rights, all people should be equal under said power. So fighting for them is kind of moot.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Yes. And Conservatives should use force against liberials. We'd win, too, since we believe in our guns.

Because that's what wins wars. Civilians with guns.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Right. And Liberals should use physical violence against Fascists, because if Fascists were worthy of rights, they'd win.

Yes. And Conservatives should use force against liberials. We'd win, too, since we believe in our guns.

Wow really? Are you saying conservatives are pussies?

Your enemy are the terrorists. Not civilians, pussies and cowards.
Last edited by Norstal on Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Explain to me how anybody can have inherent rights in a secular state in any other way then by fighting for them? Where can the base their worth and their rights from without divine statement?

Through the law. The law grants us certain rights considered legally to be inherent to our position as citizens of the country.

And, furthermore, what would provide the basis for those laws to be expanded? If the majority would simply not allow the minority to gain a foothold of power, then there would never be a threat to the power of the majority.

Hathradic States wrote:Yes. And Conservatives should use force against liberials. We'd win, too, since we believe in our guns.

Because that's what wins wars. Civilians with guns.

It helps. Just ask the Russians.

Final text here.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Hathradic States wrote:It helps. Just ask the Russians.

You want corrupt politicians? What?

Marcheria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Norstal wrote:

Wow really? Are you saying conservatives are pussies?

The enemy is not the political parties, the church or the terrorists! It is ourselves! Our inherent stupidity and gullibility has put us in our current situation. Renounce greed and accept your fellow Homo sapiens and THEN we may have a little order in this world!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Hathradic States wrote:And, furthermore, what would provide the basis for those laws to be expanded? If the majority would simply not allow the minority to gain a foothold of power, then there would never be a threat to the power of the majority.

Indeed. And there isn't. Of course, the fact remains that the majority and the minority are not always at odds.
It helps. Just ask the Russians.

The Russians? You mean the same country that used large, well-coordinated attacks by trained soldiers to overwhelm the enemy?

lolwut?

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Marcheria wrote:
Norstal wrote:Wow really? Are you saying conservatives are pussies?

The enemy is not the political parties, the church or the terrorists! It is ourselves! Our inherent stupidity and gullibility has put us in our current situation. Renounce greed and accept your fellow Homo sapiens and THEN we may have a little order in this world!

Order is boring. If I cannot have a totalitarian state led by me, then let anarchy reign.

Final text here.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Marcheria wrote:The enemy is not the political parties, the church or the terrorists! It is ourselves! Our inherent stupidity and gullibility has put us in our current situation. Renounce greed and accept your fellow Homo sapiens and THEN we may have a little order in this world!

Foolishness. War is a tool, politics, as Von Clausewitz said, by any other means. Our enemies are those that oppose our views, and as such should be opposed in any way that one's ideology allows.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Right. And Liberals should use physical violence against Fascists, because if Fascists were worthy of rights, they'd win.

Except y'all can't shoot worth shit and you keep cutting our VA benefits.
Such heroic nonsense!

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Marcheria wrote:The enemy is not the political parties, the church or the terrorists! It is ourselves! Our inherent stupidity and gullibility has put us in our current situation. Renounce greed and accept your fellow Homo sapiens and THEN we may have a little order in this world!

Order is boring. If I cannot have a totalitarian state led by me, then let anarchy reign.

The best part is that you're Christian!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General