NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers: Yes, Yes, XCOM 2 is here...

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Thread for Gamers: Yes, Yes, XCOM 2 is here...

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm not going to put a lot of effort into this OP. No one reads OP, you're not going to read the OP, we all know this. You want something here, you tell me, I'll think about it.

We promised to review reviving the Gamers Thread series after the New Year, and its been decided we will. I know most of the discussion has moved into other threads, so, its whatever.

This thread is for the discussion of games, gaming equipment, gaming culture, and gaming news. It is primarily intended for electronic gaming, and I think tabletops and such have their own thread...somewhere.

It is not intended for the belittlement of those who don't like the same things you do, nor is it for unilaterally declaring anything you don't like "a shit" (I'm looking at one specific poster and they know who they are). At the same time, this thread is not for anyone to attempt to micromanage for their own personal discussions, or to be used to lodge incessant and usually frivolous moderation reports when people don't conform to your expectations.

Really, the tl;dr here is don't be dicks.

Game on
Last edited by Transnapastain on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Hmm.

I have been playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid V. It's a fun game, shame about Konami existing. Bad company
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Val Halla wrote:Hmm.

I have been playing a lot of Metal Gear Solid V. It's a fun game, shame about Konami existing. Bad company

and do you enjoy the excessive use of your Fulton skyhook?
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Hmm.

I use it as much as possible. Especially on sheep, they are the best
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

You used it on blaat?

How dare you.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

I kinda lost interest in MGS after IV, I thought it was supposed to end then. Then that Phantom Pain nonsense or whatever with Senator ARMSTRONG came out and I died a little inside.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I use it as much as possible. Especially on sheep, they are the best

I kinda lost interest in MGS after IV, I thought it was supposed to end then. Then that Phantom Pain nonsense or whatever with Senator ARMSTRONG came out and I died a little inside.

Phantom Pain is great. Well, the story sucks, but gameplay is great.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:00 pm

Hello all! Does anyone know where I can find Star Wars battlefront II for Xbox 360 without costing me a fortune?
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:01 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Phantom Pain is great. Well, the story sucks, but gameplay is great.

That's fair. I seemed a little too "live action" for me.

Kinda tangenic here, I don't like how RPGs are moving away fro turn based to more live action battle stuff. Like the FF7 reboot is going to be. I like to be able to set my controller down mid battle, take a drink, eat some food, run piss, you know, whatever, as opposed to be constantly button mashing.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:01 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I use it as much as possible. Especially on sheep, they are the best

You used it on blaat?

How dare you.

It's for an NGO

Transnapastain wrote:

Tbh I just bought it as a break from the Warriors games and anime games with gracious boob physics

I also managed to complete Assassins Creed Syndicate in 5 days.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:02 pm

I got a GTX 950 for Christmas. It's amazing. I can actually run games now! Hallelujah! And good to see the thread's back, too. I was starting to wonder.

Thermodolia wrote:Hello all! Does anyone know where I can find Star Wars battlefront II for Xbox 360 without costing me a fortune?

You can get it on Steam for three bucks. Sale ends tomorrow, though.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:I got a GTX 950 for Christmas. It's amazing. I can actually run games now! Hallelujah! And good to see the thread's back, too. I was starting to wonder.

Thermodolia wrote:Hello all! Does anyone know where I can find Star Wars battlefront II for Xbox 360 without costing me a fortune?

We both derped. He said for Xbox 360.

I have a GTX980 I got earlier this year and I'm loving it.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Phantom Pain is great. Well, the story sucks, but gameplay is great.

Kinda tangenic here, I don't like how RPGs are moving away fro turn based to more live action battle stuff. Like the FF7 reboot is going to be. I like to be able to set my controller down mid battle, take a drink, eat some food, run piss, you know, whatever, as opposed to be constantly button mashing.

I do rather like turn based RPGs. But for some reason Square Enix are moving away from them, despite the success of their own Bravely Default
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I got a GTX 950 for Christmas. It's amazing. I can actually run games now! Hallelujah! And good to see the thread's back, too. I was starting to wonder.

It's what he deserves for letting an axolotl do his work.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Val Halla wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:You used it on blaat?

How dare you.

It's for an NGO

Transnapastain wrote:

Tbh I just bought it as a break from the Warriors games and anime games with gracious boob physics

You have way too much time on your hands.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:06 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

It's what he deserves for letting an axolotl do his work.

Thats fair I guess

Val Halla wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

I do rather like turn based RPGs. But for some reason Square Enix are moving away from them, despite the success of their own Bravely Default

I think its a tend across nearly all games. The pace is too slow for the next generation of gamers, by and large,

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

I have Asus tech. Ew.

The Wolven League wrote:
Val Halla wrote:It's for an NGO

You have way too much time on your hands.

It's not a very long game. Fun, but short
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:It's what he deserves for letting an axolotl do his work.

Thats fair I guess

Val Halla wrote:I do rather like turn based RPGs. But for some reason Square Enix are moving away from them, despite the success of their own Bravely Default

I think its a tend across nearly all games. The pace is too slow for the next generation of gamers, by and large,

Yeah but the amount of brown military shooters and online only non MMOs is really turning me away from mainstream gaming. Hence my newfound love of the Warriors games. Simplistic, yes, but they have character
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:
Thats fair I guess

Yeah but the amount of brown military shooters and online only non MMOs is really turning me away from mainstream gaming. Hence my newfound love of the Warriors games. Simplistic, yes, but they have character

No, I certainly agree with you.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Damnable edits!

Most of my friends are computer nerds with more money than me, so I'm constantly left envious of their graphics cards. :(
~~~~~~~~

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Damnable edits!

Most of my friends are computer nerds with more money than me, so I'm constantly left envious of their graphics cards. :(

My friend does all the hardware instillation and such for me, so, he always ends up with my cast offs and hand-me-downs as payment lol

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Yeah but the amount of brown military shooters and online only non MMOs is really turning me away from mainstream gaming. Hence my newfound love of the Warriors games. Simplistic, yes, but they have character

No, I certainly agree with you.

I totally haven't reached max level in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 or anything >.>

I don't think I have any shooters on my PS4. I have mostly hack & slash or RPGs
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:12 pm

So... I'm confused.

Can we talk about Fallout in this thread, or whatever game has a thread, or do we have to take it to that game's thread?

If so, how do we know which games have a thread? Would it be possible to include a list of game threads?

I got locked out of a thread and have yet to find the ISIS megathread, for example.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Transnapastain wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Damnable edits!

My friend does all the hardware instillation and such for me, so, he always ends up with my cast offs and hand-me-downs as payment lol

It's the other way for me. My last card was a third-hand HD 6850.
~~~~~~~~

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:20 pm

The Rich Port wrote:So... I'm confused.

Can we talk about Fallout in this thread, or whatever game has a thread, or do we have to take it to that game's thread?

If so, how do we know which games have a thread? Would it be possible to include a list of game threads?

I got locked out of a thread and have yet to find the ISIS megathread, for example.

No, you can talk about anything gaming related here. Really, those other threads for specific games should be locked and closed but, I don't really want to do that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction