NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 3: Subjectivity isn't Metal

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?

Mechanix
32%
The Four Horsemen
68%

Total votes : 59

Galborea
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 am

Sumaru wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Headbanging Goals

He snaps every bone in his neck at about 16-17 seconds in and for the rest of the video. Holy shit did this guy go hard. Probably couldn't move his head at all for weeks after that.

I couldn't help but laugh watching it though

And I thought I was as good as Corpsegrinder....

When I saw Cannibal Corpse my goal was to windmill ever time he did. It worked.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:34 am

Spotify keeps throwing ads about a new album from some band called 'Raubtier'. Upon looking them up I have discovered they are a Swedish band that, according to Wikipedia, do power, traditional, thrash, industrial, and 'dance' metal.

I am considering checking them out, but first I ask, since one of you is bound to have heard them before: Are they good?
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:02 am

Galborea wrote:
Sumaru wrote:And I thought I was as good as Corpsegrinder....

When I saw Cannibal Corpse my goal was to windmill ever time he did. It worked.

It is important to set goals for yourself.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 am

NeuPolska wrote:Headbanging Goals

He snaps every bone in his neck at about 16-17 seconds in and for the rest of the video. Holy shit did this guy go hard. Probably couldn't move his head at all for weeks after that.

I couldn't help but laugh watching it though

I remember seeing an Impaled Nazarene video where Sluti666 (their vocalist for those who don't know) was headbanging. The thing is, he is bald :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:49 am

Sumaru did you enjoy your healthy dose of Candlemass?
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:15 pm

I need some recommendations.
MOD
Sacred Reich
Nuclear Assault
Holy Moses
Rigor Mortis
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Nuclear Assault

Handle With Care
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I need some recommendations.
MOD
Sacred Reich
Nuclear Assault
Holy Moses
Rigor Mortis

I've got Finished With The Dogs of Holy Moses in my music collection, I like that album very much. Also a nice band to see live on stage.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Thank you both
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Geattland
Envoy

Founded: Feb 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Geattland » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:Spotify keeps throwing ads about a new album from some band called 'Raubtier'. Upon looking them up I have discovered they are a Swedish band that, according to Wikipedia, do power, traditional, thrash, industrial, and 'dance' metal.

I am considering checking them out, but first I ask, since one of you is bound to have heard them before: Are they good?

Well, they toured with Sabaton, and one of their songs was really popular on the Bandit Rock 106.3 radio station. Haven't listened to them though.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:50 pm

My hair is long enough to sorta head bang at the moment, but for me, that means it is too long. I hate long hair. It drives me nuts. At least in the phase of being long but not majorly long.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Lights, Camera, Revolution is pretty good and all around one of the most solid thrash albums I've heard but like a lot of crossover bands Suicidal doesn't take it seriously enough. The silly vocals in several songs isn't silly enough to enjoy like SOD but is not serious enough to ignore like Anthrax.
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:03 pm

New Nazghor album is out. Check spotify.
0/10 VNKVLT hearing a bass that is not played by Varg on De Mysteriis is not KVLT
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:02 pm

MOD
Sacred Reich
Nuclear Assault
Holy Moses
Rigor Mortis

SOD.
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Also, here's a question that should interest you, how many strings on a guitar/bass is too much? I primarily use a 6 string guitar, but I do enjoy the 7 and 8 strings. I've also done some playing on 4 and 5 string basses, but no 6 strings. So, here's the question, how many strings is too much on a guitar or bass?

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Corrian wrote:My hair is long enough to sorta head bang at the moment, but for me, that means it is too long. I hate long hair. It drives me nuts. At least in the phase of being long but not majorly long.

Have you considered pigtails? It worked for the ancient Gauls, if The Adventures of Asterix are to be believed.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Also, here's a question that should interest you, how many strings on a guitar/bass is too much? I primarily use a 6 string guitar, but I do enjoy the 7 and 8 strings. I've also done some playing on 4 and 5 string basses, but no 6 strings. So, here's the question, how many strings is too much on a guitar or bass?

It's never too much if you can apply all the possibilities. Some great stuff has been made with 9 string guitars (ahem Tosin Abasi), and 6 string bass is also really creative (ahem Jon Myung and the bassists that have been in Beyond Creation). So really it's only too much if you're not taking advantage of the range given to you. Which is why so many people don't seem to like djent.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Corrian wrote:My hair is long enough to sorta head bang at the moment, but for me, that means it is too long. I hate long hair. It drives me nuts. At least in the phase of being long but not majorly long.

Have you considered pigtails? It worked for the ancient Gauls, if The Adventures of Asterix are to be believed.

I've considered just keeping my hair short, like how I like it :P. I'm just slow at getting around to actually getting my hair cut (I ride my bike there, though, which isn't helped when it WON'T STOP RAINING)
My Last.FM and RYM

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Corrian wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Have you considered pigtails? It worked for the ancient Gauls, if The Adventures of Asterix are to be believed.

I've considered just keeping my hair short, like how I like it :P. I'm just slow at getting around to actually getting my hair cut (I ride my bike there, though, which isn't helped when it WON'T STOP RAINING)

I've had long hair for about 5-6 years. Never bothered me.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Galborea wrote:I've had long hair for about 5-6 years. Never bothered me.

I've never had mine overly long, so I might prefer it if it was truly long over long-ish. But I can't tolerate it long enough to even hit that point if I cared it to, so I just keep it short.
My Last.FM and RYM

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Galborea wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Also, here's a question that should interest you, how many strings on a guitar/bass is too much? I primarily use a 6 string guitar, but I do enjoy the 7 and 8 strings. I've also done some playing on 4 and 5 string basses, but no 6 strings. So, here's the question, how many strings is too much on a guitar or bass?

It's never too much if you can apply all the possibilities. Some great stuff has been made with 9 string guitars (ahem Tosin Abasi), and 6 string bass is also really creative (ahem Jon Myung and the bassists that have been in Beyond Creation). So really it's only too much if you're not taking advantage of the range given to you. Which is why so many people don't seem to like djent.

Tosin to my knowlege does not use the 9 string, he uses 8 strings. Jon does use 6 string basses, along with 4 and 5 strings, and I don't know what Beyond Creation is. Also, DOES IT DJONT? Also, yes, you can expand your melodic ways if you use a instrument with more strings.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Geattland wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:Spotify keeps throwing ads about a new album from some band called 'Raubtier'. Upon looking them up I have discovered they are a Swedish band that, according to Wikipedia, do power, traditional, thrash, industrial, and 'dance' metal.

Well, they toured with Sabaton, and one of their songs was really popular on the Bandit Rock 106.3 radio station. Haven't listened to them though.

I can't summarize how you know that if you've never heard them before...
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:25 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Tosin to my knowlege does not use the 9 string, he uses 8 strings. Jon does use 6 string basses, along with 4 and 5 strings, and I don't know what Beyond Creation is. Also, DOES IT DJONT? Also, yes, you can expand your melodic ways if you use a instrument with more strings.

I think he's used 9 strings for some material despite 8 being his primary. Someone in a same style does, I know that.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:36 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
MOD
Sacred Reich
Nuclear Assault
Holy Moses
Rigor Mortis

SOD.

HAHAHA. I already listened to them
Anarchist

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Corrian wrote:
Galborea wrote:I've had long hair for about 5-6 years. Never bothered me.

I've never had mine overly long, so I might prefer it if it was truly long over long-ish. But I can't tolerate it long enough to even hit that point if I cared it to, so I just keep it short.

Right now I have hair kind of like Tom Angelripper in terms of length and bangs, but it is not as straight and emoish. I want it to be longer, and I don't like how it is now, but I have to live with my parents the next couple years, and they are very strict on hair for some reason. Whenever it starts to grow more, my parents force me to get it cut.
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction