NATION

PASSWORD

Movie/Show Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Weselton
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:33 pm

IisraelL wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Movies used to be family-friendly and not have Illuminati symbolism in them.

WTF are you talking about?

Some movies are advertised as being family-friendly, but are not. Many movies also have Illuminati symbolism.
Corrian wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Movies used to be family-friendly and not have Illuminati symbolism in them.

....Are you serious?

Geneserath wrote:Honest Trailers and RedLetterMedia are the gods of online film critics.
I'd like to reiterate the point about Nostalgia Critic having a really obnoxious voice and overblown sense of his own popularity. A lot of his topical analysis makes sense, but I personally find him really insufferable.

Hey, he can get a bit obnoxious.

I am serious.
I am not a Nazi in real life.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!
Proud Member of theConfederation of Sovereign Nations

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
IisraelL wrote:WTF are you talking about?

Some movies are advertised as being family-friendly, but are not. Many movies also have Illuminati symbolism.
Corrian wrote:....Are you serious?

Hey, he can get a bit obnoxious.

I am serious.

Its not just Movies, the illuminati also controls other things, for example:

Chicken.

KFC sells Chicken.

McDonalds also sells Chicken.

Chickens have two limbs, unless you count their wings in which case it is Four.

The Colonel also has four limbs

McNuggets come in four shapes

Coincidence? I think not.

4+4+4 is 12 12-9 = 3

Triangles have 3 sides

The McDonalds logo has three downward points which connect to make one shape.

One

The illuminati has one eye

KFC is illuminati confirmed.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

IisraelL
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby IisraelL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:48 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Some movies are advertised as being family-friendly, but are not. Many movies also have Illuminati symbolism.
I am serious.

Its not just Movies, the illuminati also controls other things, for example:

Chicken.

KFC sells Chicken.

4+4+4 is 12 12-9 = 3

Triangles have 3 sides

One

:rofl:
How didn't I notice that myself? You sir, are a genius! :p

But for serious, I'm not sure if that guy actually believes what he says- it's so weird.
Soos (Gravity Falls) wrote:My wisdom is both a blessing and a curse

Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls) wrote:Remember! Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

Me (Based on an Albert Einstein quote) wrote:I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — Oompa-Loompas!

President Merkin Muffley (Dr. Strangelove, 1964) wrote:Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.44

IisraelL
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby IisraelL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:Some movies are advertised as being family-friendly, but are not. Many movies also have Illuminati symbolism.

Unsure if serious.

Anyway, about the family-friendly element I disagree- in fact, I think family-pictures currently are over-protective and always aim for complete political-correctness and overused morales, they don't take any risks.

About the symbolism- I'll assume you are just joking.

Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls) wrote:Remember! Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

Me (Based on an Albert Einstein quote) wrote:I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — Oompa-Loompas!

President Merkin Muffley (Dr. Strangelove, 1964) wrote:Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Greater Weselton
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:56 pm

IisraelL wrote:

Unsure if serious.

Anyway, about the family-friendly element I disagree- in fact, I think family-pictures currently are over-protective and always aim for complete political-correctness and overused morales, they don't take any risks.

I am completely serious. Some children's movies are not very-family friendly.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

IisraelL
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby IisraelL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
IisraelL wrote:Unsure if serious.

I just said I completely disagree with you- anyway, may you elaborate in what manner the films are not family friendly?

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
IisraelL wrote:Unsure if serious.

Sure, Bambi's mom gets shot in and killed in the first scene of that movie. And, of course, there are all these modern movies that go on about tolerance and respect and other such threats to the established social order. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

IisraelL
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby IisraelL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:I am completely serious. Some children's movies are not very-family friendly.

Sure, Bambi's mom gets shot in and killed in the first scene of that movie. And, of course, there are all these modern movies that go on about tolerance and respect and other such threats to the established social order. :P

Actually I feel that as much as time goes- the family-pictures are becoming more overprotective and politically-correct.
I mean, for example Pinocchio would get like a PG-13 rating or something...

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:19 pm

IisraelL wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Its not just Movies, the illuminati also controls other things, for example:

Chicken.

KFC sells Chicken.

4+4+4 is 12 12-9 = 3

Triangles have 3 sides

One

:rofl:
How didn't I notice that myself? You sir, are a genius! :p

But for serious, I'm not sure if that guy actually believes what he says- it's so weird.

Yeah it is weird.

But that whole thing comes from a youtube video i watched the other day, but i could not remember the second half of it so after KFC and Mcdonalds sells chicken i made it up. Google KFC is illuminati and you will find the original, its fucking hilarious.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Sorry, but any time anyone starts talking about "Iluminati symbolism", I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously. I don't want to offend or anything, I just don't take any of that seriously.

Anyway, I can't really say on the family friendly thing.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Corrian wrote:

Sorry, but any time anyone starts talking about "Iluminati symbolism", I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously. I don't want to offend or anything, I just don't take any of that seriously.

Anyway, I can't really say on the family friendly thing.

But its the truth.

Vegemite is Black

Do you know what else is black?

Thats right

Seals

Okay stop Huskar, stop it.

Greater Weselton
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:09 pm

IisraelL wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:I am completely serious. Some children's movies are not very-family friendly.

I just said I completely disagree with you- anyway, may you elaborate in what manner the films are not family friendly?

There is a certain kids' movie that glorifies the occult.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
IisraelL wrote:I just said I completely disagree with you- anyway, may you elaborate in what manner the films are not family friendly?

Which one?

Greater Weselton
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:There is a certain kids' movie that glorifies the occult.

Which one?

Frozen
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

IisraelL
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby IisraelL » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Which one?

Frozen

[Insert facepalm here.]

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:

Frozen

You are fucking obsessed with that movie, bloody hell.

GO DO SOMETHING ELSE!
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:

Frozen

:p Sense of humor, this one...

But to drag this thing back on topic...

IisraelL wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Sure, Bambi's mom gets shot in and killed in the first scene of that movie. And, of course, there are all these modern movies that go on about tolerance and respect and other such threats to the established social order. :P

Actually I feel that as much as time goes- the family-pictures are becoming more overprotective and politically-correct.
I mean, for example Pinocchio would get like a PG-13 rating or something...

It's an interesting point. I can sort of see what you mean, but on the other hand, what's considered suitable for teens as changed rather a lot lately. T&A is no longer a big deal, nor is swearing, and movies are a lot more violent than they used to be (or at least have a lot more violence, even if it's generic blockbuster violence rather than assault or murder of specific individuals).

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Corrian wrote:I don't really specifically look for stuff outside of the mainstream, though 90%, in ANYTHING, I prefer stuff outside of the mainstream. Because most of that is more creative and interesting than the mainstream.

The three I mentioned definitely are. Russian Ark is a technical tour de force: the whole movie is a single, unbroken take. Try doing that with a typical blockbuster.

Is it a single take or a single shot there is a significant difference.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic
Muath al-Kaseasbeh Jordanian hero, Muslim martyr.

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Scyobayrynn wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:The three I mentioned definitely are. Russian Ark is a technical tour de force: the whole movie is a single, unbroken take. Try doing that with a typical blockbuster.

It's a single shot, three takes.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Scyobayrynn wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:The three I mentioned definitely are. Russian Ark is a technical tour de force: the whole movie is a single, unbroken take. Try doing that with a typical blockbuster.

It's certainly a single take. I believe it's a single, very complex shot as well, but I'd have to watch it again to be sure. I'm pretty sure there were no shot changes; that's it's just one camera and sound crew following the action around for the whole movie.

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:
IisraelL wrote:I just said I completely disagree with you- anyway, may you elaborate in what manner the films are not family friendly?

Maleficent, All the Harry Potter films, Hocus Pocus, Jackie Chan Adventures, DISNEY, Halloweentown, Halloweentown II, Halloweentown HIgh, Return to Halloweentown(the worst in the series), The Dark Crystal, Cinderella, Cirque du Freak(great fucking movie), Lilly the Witch, etc etc.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Scyobayrynn wrote:Is it a single take or a single shot there is a significant difference.

It's certainly a single take. I believe it's a single, very complex shot as well, but I'd have to watch it again to be sure. I'm pretty sure there were no shot changes; that's it's just one camera and sound crew following the action around for the whole movie.

A single take means it took them 1 try, in a finished product you can not tell how many takes it took. It would need to be told.
A single shot means a continuous shot--of which they take as many tries as they wish to get right.

EDIT:
According to the wiki about the Film it took 3 takes to get the shot right.(which is still impressive by its own right)
And if I am reading correctly it was 100 minute shot, so it took them 3 tries to get a 100 minute shot.

I wouldnt be surprised if this isnt a record for longest continual shot in a film.
2 Edit, turns out they made a movie about the difficulty of doing a 100 minute shot.

Needless to say that is singularly amazing. Now the question is did they manage to actually make a decent film or was it just a one-off to attempt such an impressive shot.
Last edited by Scyobayrynn on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:It's an interesting point. I can sort of see what you mean, but on the other hand, what's considered suitable for teens as changed rather a lot lately. T&A is no longer a big deal, nor is swearing, and movies are a lot more violent than they used to be (or at least have a lot more violence, even if it's generic blockbuster violence rather than assault or murder of specific individuals).

I still have no idea how The Walking Dead only gets a TV 14 rating.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Corrian wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:It's an interesting point. I can sort of see what you mean, but on the other hand, what's considered suitable for teens as changed rather a lot lately. T&A is no longer a big deal, nor is swearing, and movies are a lot more violent than they used to be (or at least have a lot more violence, even if it's generic blockbuster violence rather than assault or murder of specific individuals).

I still have no idea how The Walking Dead only gets a TV 14 rating.

Lack of sex. We here in the US will let a truck load of violence slide by with a light rating, but some heavy petting and breast and motherfuckers lose their minds.

You see moms cover their son's eye for naked women, but never for the decapitation scene.
Just a little sex in our violence.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic

Stahn
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I had high hopes for Fury as I love WW2 tanks, history in general and thought that Brad Pitt usually stars in pretty good movies. Also it used only real vintage tanks!

But I hated it. I think it is a terrible movie on many levels. Not just the action but also on a human level. Like how it dealt with the murder of SS PoW's and rape. Can't believe the makers got away with it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction