NATION

PASSWORD

Which Anime are you watching or have watched recently III?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 am

More in the category "cartoons you watched as a kid without knowing they were japanese", found out Tao Tao was Japanese all along.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:18 am

Cadonica wrote:More in the category "cartoons you watched as a kid without knowing they were japanese", found out Tao Tao was Japanese all along.

Angel, the girl of the flowers
Misha, the Bear
Konchû Monogatari Minashigo Hacchi
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 am

Is there a Dynasty Warriors anime?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 am

Cadonica wrote:More in the category "cartoons you watched as a kid without knowing they were japanese", found out Tao Tao was Japanese all along.

It was only a few years ago that I came to understand that Pokemon is anime.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Misha, the Bear

I've never seen those but yeah.

I knew Moomins were anime, I have, like pretty much every Finnish kid has, seen it sooo many times :lol:

Some other surprises were, Once Upon a Time...Life (Il etait...) was French/Japanese and Willy Fog was Spanish/Japanese.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion.

Kyubey is the greatest thing ever.

Kyubey DOES make a great villain, in my opinion. But otherwise, he would have only been good if Kyoko had dropped him over that overpass in Episode 6. I would have jumped out of my bed and cheered.

Which Magical Girl was your favorite? Curious.

Homura and Kyoko. I also really like Sayaka.

Nah, Kyubey is too awesome to die. He's hilarious. :lol:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Luminesa wrote:
Kyubey DOES make a great villain, in my opinion. But otherwise, he would have only been good if Kyoko had dropped him over that overpass in Episode 6. I would have jumped out of my bed and cheered.

Which Magical Girl was your favorite? Curious.

Homura and Kyoko. I also really like Sayaka.

Kyoko's my favorite, then Madoka (of course). Sayaka was adorable, and what happened to
her should have never happened. Poor Mami didn't get enough screen time...and Homura...

Homura's Pros:
Best fighter on the team, gorgeous, absolutely creepy, SHOT KYUBEY UP FULL OF LEAD.

Homura's Cons:
Messes up everything in Rebellion, messed-up everything for Madoka, absolutely creepy. XD

So she's a complex character, and I love that. But her actions in the series and in the movie
make me REALLY question her character...

Kyubey was an ENORMOUS troll. I've never seen a villain who trolled so well as Kyubey.
Though I still say he should have been dropped over that overpass. :lol2:

My obsession with that show might be a bit problematic. I've doodled the characters in my notes at school so many times...But their designs are so cute! X3
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Britannia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Homura and Kyoko. I also really like Sayaka.

Kyoko's my favorite, then Madoka (of course). Sayaka was adorable, and what happened to
her should have never happened. Poor Mami didn't get enough screen time...and Homura...

Homura's Pros:
Best fighter on the team, gorgeous, absolutely creepy, SHOT KYUBEY UP FULL OF LEAD.

Homura's Cons:
Messes up everything in Rebellion, messed-up everything for Madoka, absolutely creepy. XD

So she's a complex character, and I love that. But her actions in the series and in the movie

Kyubey was an ENORMOUS troll. I've never seen a villain who trolled so well as Kyubey.

My obsession with that show might be a bit problematic. I've doodled the characters in my notes at school so many times...But their designs are so cute! X3

Defend Waifu mode activated.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:FINALLY got off my ass and started watching Fairy Tail up to episode 48. Decent show even if most Shonen anime are really similar. Good characters so far but I fell like "power as the plot demands" is in full effect, and death is a dodgy subject. "Wait he just got pounded and he's a red shirt how's he alive?". *Same attack done later* "OMG you killed him!" The music is phenomenal and animation's good. Another good thing: tits. Another bad thing: tits. It's a flavor not the whole damn meal, it's fine to have a couple of characters like that not have that be the default female body type. Still though it is equal opportunity in this regard with every guy being ripped (Loke anyone? I'm no woman...or gay but that is one tasty dish) and sometimes ending up with more skin showing than the girls. Hell Grey strips to the point it might as well be a nervous habit. Lucy even lampshades it in a fight where Natsu ends up practically naked against a similarly clothed Gajeel. That being said very few, if any, characters are "eye-candy" and are all developed characters. Even one shot characters are given a lot of characterization, such as the Phantom Lord guild members. It does bother me though how easily villain characters are forgiven after they've been beaten. Seems almost too idealistic, not that I'm complaining about wasting good characters such as Juvia, but in cases like Gajeel it almost makes no sense to ally with someone so gungho about committing friendly fire as he does.

I like it though, 7.5/10

He does strip out of habit, it's how he learned ice maker magic from his teacher, and there's reasoning behind why Markov gets Gajeel to join Fairytail. Further along, more and more of the stuff in the background get revealed, however one of the things about fairytail is that a majority of their opponents end up becoming allies soon after, and if not soon give it a little time and they're allies.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Raktio wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:FINALLY got off my ass and started watching Fairy Tail up to episode 48. Decent show even if most Shonen anime are really similar. Good characters so far but I fell like "power as the plot demands" is in full effect, and death is a dodgy subject. "Wait he just got pounded and he's a red shirt how's he alive?". *Same attack done later* "OMG you killed him!" The music is phenomenal and animation's good. Another good thing: tits. Another bad thing: tits. It's a flavor not the whole damn meal, it's fine to have a couple of characters like that not have that be the default female body type. Still though it is equal opportunity in this regard with every guy being ripped (Loke anyone? I'm no woman...or gay but that is one tasty dish) and sometimes ending up with more skin showing than the girls. Hell Grey strips to the point it might as well be a nervous habit. Lucy even lampshades it in a fight where Natsu ends up practically naked against a similarly clothed Gajeel. That being said very few, if any, characters are "eye-candy" and are all developed characters. Even one shot characters are given a lot of characterization, such as the Phantom Lord guild members. It does bother me though how easily villain characters are forgiven after they've been beaten. Seems almost too idealistic, not that I'm complaining about wasting good characters such as Juvia, but in cases like Gajeel it almost makes no sense to ally with someone so gungho about committing friendly fire as he does.

I like it though, 7.5/10

He does strip out of habit, it's how he learned ice maker magic from his teacher, and there's reasoning behind why Markov gets Gajeel to join Fairytail. Further along, more and more of the stuff in the background get revealed, however one of the things about fairytail is that a majority of their opponents end up becoming allies soon after, and if not soon give it a little time and they're allies.

I love Fairy Tail, but one of my biggest problems is that the fights feel so short. Maybe that's because of how I binge watched the show, but they just felt so short.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Homura's Pros:

Homura's Cons:

Defend Waifu mode activated.

Remove shit waifu
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Britannia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:15 pm

I actually follow the IOW page.

rip chen
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

I actually follow the IOW page.

rip chen

MY NIGGA RIGHT HERE, WHAT'S GOOD?
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Homura and Kyoko. I also really like Sayaka.

Homura's Pros:

Homura's Cons:

I really enjoy Homura for her complexity and her drive to do everything to save Madoka and have her live a happy life, even though this results in her fucking up everything in Rebellion. I mean, she's one of the best developed characters and is well written.

Kyubey is among the greatest tolls to have ever lived. Which is why I love him. XD

Khazrihistal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Khazrihistal » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Val Halla wrote:Is there a Dynasty Warriors anime?

Don't see anything. Checked a wiki and a couple streaming sites. Not to say that there couldn't be some obscure OVA or something out there but probably not. Sorry
Last edited by Khazrihistal on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 pm

No. But there's plenty of Three Kingdoms based anime out there. Never got why Japan was interested in what China was doing, but whatever.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Khazrihistal
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khazrihistal » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 pm

I wonder what other anime there is, related to old video games? I know of Dragon Warrior.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

No. But there's plenty of Three Kingdoms based anime out there. Never got why Japan was interested in what China was doing, but whatever.

The Sinosphere in general is fond of doing fanfics about the Three Kingdoms period.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Khazrihistal wrote:I wonder what other anime there is, related to old video games? I know of Dragon Warrior.

Does Darkstalkers count as old? I know they made an anime out of that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Khazrihistal
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Khazrihistal » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Khazrihistal wrote:I wonder what other anime there is, related to old video games? I know of Dragon Warrior.

Does Darkstalkers count as old? I know they made an anime out of that.

I researched it and I say yes. Within the time frame of the old NES. Certainly old I think. It had an anime and an American cartoon apparently.
Last edited by Khazrihistal on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:17 am

Cadonica wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Misha, the Bear

I've never seen those but yeah.

I knew Moomins were anime, I have, like pretty much every Finnish kid has, seen it sooo many times :lol:

Some other surprises were, Once Upon a Time...Life (Il etait...) was French/Japanese and Willy Fog was Spanish/Japanese.

Those, like Dogtania and the Three Muskehounds (Jap: Wan Wan Sanjuushi), these anime were very popular in Spain when I was growing up. I had no notion until much later that these were Japanime (well, a Spanish-Japanese show). I thought they were local productions. :p

Here's the first episode. I still love that show. :lol:

That reminds me of Clementine, a cartoon which was a French/Japanese project.

Anyway, here're clips of the ones I mentioned at first:
Angel- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpH7rd0_rrM
Misha- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXa06wY-i0
Hutch- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdwpIYpm1ks
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:49 am

I hope I Am A Hero gets an anime one day. It so deserves one.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:22 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Cadonica wrote:I've never seen those but yeah.

Those, like Dogtania and the Three Muskehounds (Jap: Wan Wan Sanjuushi), these anime were very popular in Spain when I was growing up. I had no notion until much later that these were Japanime (well, a Spanish-Japanese show). I thought they were local productions. :p

Here's the first episode. I still love that show. :lol:

That reminds me of Clementine, a cartoon which was a French/Japanese project.

Anyway, here're clips of the ones I mentioned at first:
Angel- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpH7rd0_rrM
Misha- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXa06wY-i0
Hutch- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdwpIYpm1ks

Three Muskethounds was great show as well :lol:
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Wiccans Unite
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiccans Unite » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:22 am

Red Data Girl ^-^

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 am

Wiccans Unite wrote:Red Data Girl ^-^

I still need to watch RDG's season 1's last episode.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction