NATION

PASSWORD

The Equestria Games: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
Well this is kinda why I like anthro, you get the pony, but without the limitation of a pony.

I like all the forms.

Same. And IDGAF what anyone says, EG Twilight was fucking adorable.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

The card company had no idea what kind of hell it would unleashing upon this world.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
The Time Alliance wrote:I like all the forms.

Same. And IDGAF what anyone says, EG Twilight was fucking adorable.

I hated EG but she was cute.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Same. And IDGAF what anyone says, EG Twilight was fucking adorable.

I hated EG but she was cute.

The movie was eh. What made me not hate it was the musical number towards the end when they got everyone to unify. I quite liked that song. Otherwise it was eh.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 pm

I thought DHX did the best with what they were given. I doubt Meghan McCarthy was given complete creative control over it. They were competing with Monster High so I'm sure Hasbro told Meghan to make a High School movie involving a humanized version of the Mane Six and that's what they came up with.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Wilgrove wrote:I thought DHX did the best with what they were given. I doubt Meghan McCarthy was given complete creative control over it. They were competing with Monster High so I'm sure Hasbro told Meghan to make a High School movie involving a humanized version of the Mane Six and that's what they came up with.

It wasn't terrible, the music numbers were pretty good if you ask me. The plot was, alright, could've definitely been better.

But if i ever wrote something Hasbro wanted into a movie, it would be my way, or looking at my middle finger as i exit never to return.

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:57 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:I thought DHX did the best with what they were given. I doubt Meghan McCarthy was given complete creative control over it. They were competing with Monster High so I'm sure Hasbro told Meghan to make a High School movie involving a humanized version of the Mane Six and that's what they came up with.

It wasn't terrible, the music numbers were pretty good if you ask me. The plot was, alright, could've definitely been better.

But if i ever wrote something Hasbro wanted into a movie, it would be my way, or looking at my middle finger as i exit never to return.

That sounds like something Hasbro would do.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm

The Norgan Alliance wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:It wasn't terrible, the music numbers were pretty good if you ask me. The plot was, alright, could've definitely been better.

That sounds like something Hasbro would do.

Making me leave while flipping them off?

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
The Norgan Alliance wrote:That sounds like something Hasbro would do.

Making me leave while flipping them off?

I'm pretty sure that's what happen with Lauren Faust. She wanted to do the show one way, Hasbro wanted to make it more into a toy commercial, so she left.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Making me leave while flipping them off?

I'm pretty sure that's what happen with Lauren Faust. She wanted to do the show one way, Hasbro wanted to make it more into a toy commercial, so she left.

Well if i'm anywhere near as good a writer as people claim i am (Which i always doubt) then hopefully they'll see reason. In this hypothetical situation.

Patridam
Negotiator

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Magthere wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:This happens, wat do?

Give the Vulcan salute plus phrase (Live Long and Prosper), and initiate first contact protocols, plus CMC addendum to those First Contact protocols...

Patridam wrote:
Plot for season 5 episode: Silver Spoon meets Spike at some form of CMC-related event (I do not believe he has met Diamond Tiara or SS?) and gets a crush on him (being as they are somewhere approaching the same age and the school-age colts are a sad lot). Spike, as always, is oblivious. SS splits off from being DT's crony to enlist the help of the CMC to get him to notice her. The CMC once again try their hooves at matchmaking: Scootaloo tries to get SS to do something 120% awesome to impress Spike (fails), Apple Bloom tries to give her lessons in being less bitchy (thereby revealing that she is not actually mean underneath), and Sweetie Belle does her best to make SS more Rarity-ish via makeover and assumed accent (with moderate but entertaining success). Spike ends up noticing her and either A.) shows an interest in her (destroying the status quo, leaving DT alone and open for a character episode, and potentially curbing Sparity shippers) or B.) (more likely) is as kind as he can be but says he's still 100% Rarity; which devastates SS and makes her return to DT (Status quo is god).

^ Not sure if terrible or genius ^ I'm no writer, but thoughts?

I'm thinking that if we're talking a "redeem Silver Spoon" episode doing it for a crush seems a bit a. cliché and b. has some rather poor implications if you start thinking about it.

Possibilities that strike my mind:

1. Diamond Tiara crosses the Godzilla threshold and Silver Spoon breaks off her friendship and we see her try and initiate a friendship with the crusaders. After some effort she succeeds, and we gradually watch DT have a break down of not quite Azula proportions but along a similar stream of thought.

2. Silver Spoon has some closet hobby/talent that does not meet DT's standards which causes her to stop her friendship with Silver Spoon. The crusaders appreciate Silver Spoon's talent and make her feel better about it. However Silver Spoon struggles between giving up the hobby to have Diamond Tiara back or keeping her hobby and trying to make new friends.

Well there's probably a trope for it somewhere, originality is not my strong suit. I was trying to redeem Spike's character derailment as well, and SS with a Rarity-ish makeover would be mighty impressive.
Lassiez Faire Capitalist / Libertarian
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Take my home off the grid, destroy my tools, and flush my car keys.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pargentina
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pargentina » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

:eyebrow:

Why?

EDIT: Quarantine Lifted
Last edited by Pargentina on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S1 N3 Backup Processor. Do Not Touch.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

I love how we're all disaster-proofing our home at the sight of the CMC.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Probably nearly die of adorableness overdose. Then give them all cookies and juice.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Pargentina wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Take my home off the grid, destroy my tools, and flush my car keys.

:eyebrow:

Why?

To reduce the potential for property damage and/or grievous bodily harm.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Scream. Figure out their Age and finally see if they are 14.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:

Scream. Figure out their Age and finally see if they are 14.

Why 14? Also judging from how they looked in EG, i assume 14 or 15.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
The Time Alliance wrote:Scream. Figure out their Age and finally see if they are 14.

Ugh, that's one of the things that annoyed me about EG. In the show proper, the mane six are clearly in their late teens, early 20s, the CMC are supposed to be on the cusp of puberty, but because everypony has to be in the movie, they change the age so everyone is in the same school.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
The Time Alliance wrote:Scream. Figure out their Age and finally see if they are 14.

Age issues of me and Mane six.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Why 14? Also judging from how they looked in EG, i assume 14 or 15.

Ugh, that's one of the things that annoyed me about EG. In the show proper, the mane six are clearly in their late teens, early 20s, the CMC are supposed to be on the cusp of puberty, but because everypony has to be in the movie, they change the age so everyone is in the same school.

Yeah. Although i felt like they didn't change the CMC's age much, as in alot of places 14 year olds are in highschools. Not mine, but mine is weird.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Why 14? Also judging from how they looked in EG, i assume 14 or 15.

Age issues of me and Mane six.

How old are you? I mean i'm 17, so even for me it'd still technically be illegal.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
The Time Alliance wrote:Age issues of me and Mane six.

How old are you? I mean i'm 17, so even for me it'd still technically be illegal.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:26 pm

The Time Alliance wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:How old are you? I mean i'm 17, so even for me it'd still technically be illegal.

Now i see why you specified 14. You really seem older over text like this.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Magthere wrote:

Give the Vulcan salute plus phrase (Live Long and Prosper), and initiate first contact protocols, plus CMC addendum to those First Contact protocols...

I'm sure it will do wonders for relations between our peoples that the first words they hear from a human are the motto of a fictional race of non-human aliens, rather than any human sentiment of greeting.

That green pony.
Many dorbs.
CMCs
Cuddles.
CMCs
Epic flying mount.
Oh Backy, you're so considerate.
Dashie.
Fastest cupcake.
I would patronise that club.
Beer is love.
He/Him