NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead (And Telltales TWD Game) Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Legion of War wrote:
Keeping them locked up cells works just as well. If they turn (despite looking for/administering medication) the new walkers can't get out, and you can just kill them with a melee weapon to the head.

Doing whatever is "necessary" is the route Shane went. I can see why Rick is uneasy with that mentality.

Keeping them locked up like that is almost sadistic. I get it, but if I was in that situation, I'd rather be put out of my misery than die a painful, slow death, and become a Walker.

To each his own I guess. If there's a chance I'll live, as a human, I'll take it despite the struggle.

Pain is temporary. So if life, but pain is shorter.

EDIT:
One other thing to note as well is that Carol had no right to end the lives of those people (unless they asked for it). Keeping them in a cell would save just as many lives as outright killing them. Maybe even less, since the sick people have a chance to get better.
Last edited by The Legion of War on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Still, Rick probably avoided having to kill Tyreese (and possibly others) for killing Carol by letting her go.

And, I wouldn't say locking sick people up is sadistic. It is a quarantine, a safety precaution, one that doesn't involve just downright murdering them.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

"Internment"
You think Herschel "I Am Old And Awesome" Green can't handle himself anymore? Well suck on that, imaginary group of naysayers. Old bastard just tear-assing around there being all badass an whatnot. And yay, Governor Cyclops is back...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Internment"
You think Herschel "I Am Old And Awesome" Green can't handle himself anymore? Well suck on that, imaginary group of naysayers. Old bastard just tear-assing around there being all badass an whatnot. And yay, Governor Cyclops is back...

Yeah, that was probably one of the best episodes this season. Rick and Carl had great bonding experience slaughtering waves of walkers, and Hershel was pretty much the star of episode. I'm So glad Glenn lived.

Now that the Governor is back... :D
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Nexeria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:"Internment"

Yeah, that was probably one of the best episodes this season. Rick and Carl had great bonding experience slaughtering waves of walkers, and Hershel was pretty much the star of episode. I'm So glad Glenn lived.

If they were able to gun down that whole herd using only 2 M16s, then why didn't they just do that before the fence was busted down?
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Nexeria wrote:

If they were able to gun down that whole herd using only 2 M16s, then why didn't they just do that before the fence was busted down?

Noise. Seriously, that's rule 1.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Old Vester wrote:

Noise. Seriously, that's rule 1.

But they would have already made a ton of noise from gunning them down after the fences broke down anyway. So why not do it while the fence was still up rather than afterwards where they have both the governor and a torn down fence?
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Noise. Seriously, that's rule 1.

But they would have already made a ton of noise from gunning them down after the fences broke down anyway. So why not do it while the fence was still up rather than afterwards where they have both the governor and a torn down fence?

Cause noise would have drawn more Walkers, who would have broken the fence down that much faster. They're trying to cull the herd quietly.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Old Vester wrote:

Cause noise would have drawn more Walkers, who would have broken the fence down that much faster. They're trying to cull the herd quietly.

The herd was still concentrated at one area of the fence. Even if they continued to cull the walkers quietly, more walkers would have been focused in that area and eventually they would have busted it down. And even if they did attract noise, it would attract the walkers towards the shooter, and thus away from that weakened part of the fence. Even if more came, they wouldn't all be in the same part of the fence again.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:

The herd was still concentrated at one area of the fence. Even if they continued to cull the walkers quietly, more walkers would have been focused in that area and eventually they would have busted it down. And even if they did attract noise, it would attract the walkers towards the shooter, and thus away from that weakened part of the fence. Even if more came, they wouldn't all be in the same part of the fence again.

*Sigh*
Trying to be nice here...
If you'd ever paid attention to this show, you'd know Walkers tend congregate in herds. They waste their limited ammo shooting fence Walkers, they have less ammo to deal with the Walkers drawn by the gun noise. Who would group up with the herd, and bring the fence down even quicker.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Old Vester
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Old Vester wrote:

*Sigh*
Trying to be nice here...
If you'd ever paid attention to this show, you'd know Walkers tend congregate in herds. They waste their limited ammo shooting fence Walkers, they have less ammo to deal with the Walkers drawn by the gun noise. Who would group up with the herd, and bring the fence down even quicker.

Fine, fine. For another day perhaps.

The Legion of War
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Legion of War » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Basically I think they wanted to save ammo and prevent even more walkers from coming.

Now that the horde's gone... Why don't they do what the guy from Mythbusters said? Dig a "moat" around the fence since Walkers can't really climb.

I'd also put in sharp sticks in there, to kill SOME at least (chances are a few will be impaled in the head).

Or just burn them, if they have gasoline to spare. If not, grab a LONG stick with a pointed end and kill them one by one. It's a slow process, but not too different from what they did through the fence.

Not sure how they're going to fix the fence now. Maybe just keep it propped up with the bus Rick mentioned?
IC Stuff:
This nation does NOT represent my real life views.
The FT Nation Index, making it easier for FT players to connect.

OCC Stuff:
Pro: Everything you hate
Con: Everything you love
Info: Straight Hispanic Male, Canadian. Speaks fluent Spanish and English, and some French. If you speak French, I'd love to have someone to practice with, even if it is just typing. Same deal with Spanish.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:33 pm

The Legion of War wrote:
Basically I think they wanted to save ammo and prevent even more walkers from coming.

Now that the horde's gone... Why don't they do what the guy from Mythbusters said? Dig a "moat" around the fence since Walkers can't really climb.

I'd also put in sharp sticks in there, to kill SOME at least (chances are a few will be impaled in the head).

Or just burn them, if they have gasoline to spare. If not, grab a LONG stick with a pointed end and kill them one by one. It's a slow process, but not too different from what they did through the fence.

Not sure how they're going to fix the fence now. Maybe just keep it propped up with the bus Rick mentioned?

But it would take a long time to dig a moat around the fences perimeter, and they still have swarms at other sections of the fence and a manpower shortage due to the sickness, so there is a very big chance of the diggers and their guards being swarmed when digging the moat and they would have a shortage of people to watch other sections of the fence and to care for the sick.If they try and use their firearms for cover they will just alert more walkers, they would also have to remove the walkers lying dead at the fence in order to dig which would take a while as well. With that many walkers around and the situation they are in it would be incredibly dangerous to to try it.

Now for other solutions, the wooden poles obviously did not work as they were not strong or secure enough, maybe if they had something heavier like some metal poles or stands it could work, and trying to get this bus through to keep it up would require knocking part of the second fence down as well to get it in place unless they put it outside the first fence, and that would only cover one area.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Another reason Rick and Carl didn't shoot the walkers while they were on the other side of the fence, is because they thought they had it under control.

I'd go with the Adam Savage's idea to weld metal across the outer fences.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Nexeria wrote:
Another reason Rick and Carl didn't shoot the walkers while they were on the other side of the fence, is because they thought they had it under control.

I'm sure a welding torch would be so easy to come by...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Nexeria wrote:

I'm sure a welding torch would be so easy to come by...

They're at a prison. They probably have a workshop. If not, they could still find one pretty easily. The problem would be moving the equipment.
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:02 pm

"Live Bait"
What has everyone's favorite eye-patch wearing nutjob been doing the past few months? Turns out not much. Pretty slow episode all things considered, but it wasn't bad. Phillip found himself a new family, and was kicking ass and ripping out throats. Pretty awesome, really.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Live Bait"
What has everyone's favorite eye-patch wearing nutjob been doing the past few months? Turns out not much. Pretty slow episode all things considered, but it wasn't bad. Phillip found himself a new family, and was kicking ass and ripping out throats. Pretty awesome, really.

Yeah, is it bad that I find myself slightly rooting for him. He seems like he's trying to change and I love it, but I know things can not work out for him in the end. I keep trying to remind myself that he killed a lot of people, but he's just so loveable. Plus, he's a pirate! :D
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:34 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm waiting for this to be called the best cable show ever. I mean how many freaking best shows ever doe we have? Seinfeld, the Sopranos, Breaking Bad? Why not the Walking Dead?

As for the recent episodes. hey, look the governor is back and he has got a family now sort of.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, I heard about that a couple of weeks ago. Technically it is not a spin-off, since they're not using any of the same characters, unless they use Carol. It is instead a companion series. Robert Kirkman wanted blank slate, so he wouldn't have to follow the comics.
Last edited by Nexeria on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:03 pm

"Dead Weight"
Did you think The Governor had gone good? Think again. That episode basically told us "Hey, he's still a murdering psychopath." And it looks like he's turning his encampment into Woodbury 2.0. And he's going after Prison again. Shit is about to go down.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

GCMG
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby GCMG » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Dead Weight"
Did you think The Governor had gone good? Think again. That episode basically told us "Hey, he's still a murdering psychopath." And it looks like he's turning his encampment into Woodbury 2.0. And he's going after Prison again. Shit is about to go down.

Yeah, I thought he had reformed. Nope, turns out being around people just makes him go mad. A shame really, because the two dudes he killed seemed to have things either under control or in an appropriate perspective. He'll probably get back and find the new set-up he's got wiped out by the unknown raiders.

While watching that episode... why the hell does no-one just hop on a boat?
Term limits remove power from the People and give it to a piece of paper.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

GCMG wrote:While watching that episode... why the hell does no-one just hop on a boat?

Cause that'd be too easy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Too Far Gone
A good mid-season cap off.
Peace, Herschel. You lasted a lot longer than any of us expected. Hell, he was still kicking after getting half-decapitated. Those last 10 minutes were some epic shit, man. Little kids coming in with the save, dude! Capping that lesbian and redshirt dude. Daryl with the fucking basketball grenade shot. And Michone shanking that one eyed motherfucker. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Good shit, man.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction